Reimis Smith in for Montoya

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bergamin, Lewis, Olive would be the 3 potential players to step up.

Bergmain and Lewis (like Holland) can cover halves or centre. Bergs also can play fullback or wing.
Olive can cover wing or centre.
I rate Bergamin highly.. Seen him do more good things than stupid. Solid.

Can see him slotting int the wing
I reckon stick Lewis on the bench next game and let him debut.

At some point in the game bring JMK off, Holland to hooker, Hoppa to wing, and Lewis in the centres.

Or one of a few other combinations. Lewis allows that flexibility.
Need yo re-sign the kid before he debuts.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Your top 2 picks were made bitch’s yesterday, all there try’s scored on their edge.
1st Jordan Pereira try - Jack Nelson failing to wrap up the ball and Cleeland goes too low. That allows an offload and 3 on 3. Lewis commits but ball is offloaded, Cerruto fails to contain the second offload, Bergamin slips on the wet grass, and isn't able to get back in position quick enough.

Garrick try - Cleeland and Nelson sloppy in defence, Nelson falls off the tackle, Cleeland doesn't even attempt a tackle. Dragongs go straight through. Bergamin chases but can't catch him in time.

2nd Jordan Pereira try - Defence fails to slide, leaving Lewis and Bergamin marking up on a 3 on 2 overlap. Both commit to a tackle but the ball is able to be offloaded, whilst Cleeland is unable to make the final tackle.

Summary: Nelson and Cleeland created defensive issues on the Lewis/Bergamin side of the field.

Look at the match highlights.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1st Jordan Pereira try - Jack Nelson failing to wrap up the ball and Cleeland goes too low. That allows an offload and 3 on 3. Lewis commits but ball is offloaded, Cerruto fails to contain the second offload, Bergamin slips on the wet grass, and isn't able to get back in position quick enough.

Garrick try - Cleeland and Nelson sloppy in defence, Nelson falls off the tackle, Cleeland doesn't even attempt a tackle. Dragongs go straight through. Bergamin chases but can't catch him in time.

2nd Jordan Pereira try - Defence fails to slide, leaving Lewis and Bergamin marking up on a 3 on 2 overlap. Both commit to a tackle but the ball is able to be offloaded, whilst Cleeland is unable to make the final tackle.

Summary: Nelson and Cleeland created defensive issues on the Lewis/Bergamin side of the field.

Look at the match highlights.
But if the try’s were scored on Reimis Smith’s side they would be his fault right. I rate Lewis and Bergamin and their side is usually solid, Lewis’s defence in particular but as per your previous post you were quick to say that Smith got made a bitch without watching the highlights.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree anyone but this clown Montoya however since we won doubt Pay will change a winning side, my gut also tells me even if we had lost Pay will not drop him regardless SILLY really anyone with half a brain would know Montoya cannot defend and his attack is non existent!!!

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it’s hard to beleive but Smiths defence is even worse then Montoya’s. He routinely gets found out in ISP and I’d hate to see what would happen to him in NRL. In his one game against the Raiders he got exposed and it hasn’t improved.
Smith's hands are not so great either, he is good for at least 1 error a match. I would prefer to see olive have a go, he was ok in his limited time for the titans last year and has got some footwork and speed but yeah it's getting to the point where anyone but Montana atm

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree anyone but this clown Montoya however since we won doubt Pay will change a winning side, my gut also tells me even if we had lost Pay will not drop him regardless SILLY really anyone with half a brain would know Montoya cannot defend and his attack is non existent!!!
The other problem is Holland would be the first choice replacement with nrl experience and due to how well he is going as a bench hooker I doubt pay will change that just yet. I think Holland would do very well outside hoppa especially in attack, hoppa is starting to really improve his attack outwide when he gets early ball and one on one with a defender which is good to see.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
But if the try’s were scored on Reimis Smith’s side they would be his fault right. I rate Lewis and Bergamin and their side is usually solid, Lewis’s defence in particular but as per your previous post you were quick to say that Smith got made a bitch without watching the highlights.
No I asked the question was it Smith/Olive or Bergamin/Lewis who Jordan made their bitch.

All traffic headed down Cleeland side of the field (as everyone knows his defence is average). That is shown by more tackles by Bergamin (7 made - 2 missed) than Smith (1 made 1 missed).

I think though Lewis or Olive need to be promoted. Lewis if he plays centre and pushes Hoppa to wing also offers another kicking option o the 5th.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The other problem is Holland would be the first choice replacement with nrl experience and due to how well he is going as a bench hooker I doubt pay will change that just yet. I think Holland would do very well outside hoppa especially in attack, hoppa is starting to really improve his attack outwide when he gets early ball and one on one with a defender which is good to see.
People really need to get over the "Holland is doing well as a bench hooker" garbage. The bloke literally just done what any half decent outside back would have done in that situation and that was scoot well from dh and create momentum.

We could be rotating our hooker more effectively and putting on more points with Brown coming off the bench instead of leaving it until the final minutes. Holland deserves a crack in the backline right now.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Mason Cerruto would be the best replacement for Montoya atm

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People really need to get over the "Holland is doing well as a bench hooker" garbage. The bloke literally just done what any half decent outside back would have done in that situation and that was scoot well from dh and create momentum.

We could be rotating our hooker more effectively and putting on more points with Brown coming off the bench instead of leaving it until the final minutes. Holland deserves a crack in the backline right now.
I totally agree he deserves a shot outside hoppa but my point is that dean wont move Holland right now as he has done what's been asked of him in the last 20 min.
I have wanted brown as our hooker or utility when lichaa was dropped but pay either hates brown or is a stubborn one

Malla

Reaction score
Montoya's head hasn't been in games since that Souths game. Crucial errors of judgement and just absolute rubbish attempts. Doesn't put his body on the line in defence at all and for that alone he should be dropped - who cares that who we bring in is worse defensively, Montoya doesn't deserve to be a first choice winger with that type of rubbish effort.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
No not Reimis.

Holland to wing and a utility to the bench.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why is everyone on Montoya’s back?
out of frustration I even blast him lol, but truth be told is if your centre goes infield the winger must follow.
As a winger you can’t stay out wide while the centre goes in and leaving a big hole.
That’s how every team coaches the wingers.
I agree that Hopoate hasnt helped Montoya at all. Hop is having trouble adjusting to not being fullback and roams a bit in defense.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who do you like the most out of those 3?

Foran is part of the problem though. He makes bad decisions in defence which means Hoppa and Montoya are always outnumbered.
It is the responsibility of the outside player to follow the inside players read.

The centre and winger need to be quick and disicive to jam in and stop the pass.

Look how well the Moz twins do it. Even if they make a bit of a late read they are quick enough to get there and stop the pass.

Hoppa and Montoya’s lack of speed doesn’t help.

One thing in favour of Montoya, am surprised we don’t cross field bom to him more, he is a beast under the high ball. You would back him to win his fair share on contests.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mason Cerruto would be the best replacement for Montoya atm
Cerruto tackles like a man with no arms. Why he's #1 instead of Bergamin astounds me.

Do you think Bergamin would be up for playing fullback?
Only if we lose Mbye. Bergs is very creative at fullback. More ballplaying and hitting gaps in support.

Tom Carr would make an excellent fullback too (has played there in the past and has an insane vertical leap on him), but his ankles a real concern.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Cerruto tackles like a man with no arms. Why he's #1 instead of Bergamin astounds me.
Because Cerruto's body and his fitness would ensure he is half a chance at being a competent back up if called upon.

Bergamin is atleast a decent offseason away from being ready. If he was in the top 30 and called up he would get dominated worse than Montoya.

Status
Not open for further replies.