Cameron Smith gets away with murder.....again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a grubbier player in the NRL than Australian captain Cameron Smith ?
His dog act on Kevin Proctor was a disgrace. They refer it as a chicken wing or some other bullshit terminology.
If that were anybody else it would have been referred straight to the judiciary.
Great player but a grub.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 week with early guilty plea

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't seen the tackle, but he's definitely a grub. Melbourne are by far the grubbiest club to have ever disgraced the NRL. They constantly produce new tackling styles which become illegal. I think the NRL have invested so much into trying to expand into sports mad Melbourne without seeing a big return on their dollar. So they have to let the grub royalty of Slater and Smith get away with murder and allow the club to play without much adherence to normal on field discipline or the long term investment into the Storm would go belly up. For the most part I'm sure that those born in melbourne don't support the club strongly. So shit results would mean the few that have come on board with support would potentially walk away due to having minimal emotional involvement with the club.

But Smith can't ever top that time he blamed Mckinnon for damaging his own spine. It makes me sad because I know they'll rush the cockhead into a media role when he retires.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Disgraceful and premeditated. Even if it was deemed legal which it isn't he knows it is not fair play. It's legal to smash a player who is badly and obviously injured but only a dirty unethical grub would do it sand it is a similar concept. Very few players in the game would have continued to pull that leg knowing the obvious danger to a fellow player.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But Smith can't ever top that time he blamed Mckinnon for damaging his own spine. It makes me sad because I know they'll rush the cockhead into a media role when he retires.
This is what Smith said.

This is the full text version of the exchange:

Sutton: “I understand your point, but he’s lifted and it’s into a dangerous position. It’s a penalty.”

Smith: “Here’s the thing, right. We’ve had two lifting tackles against us. Our boys have been put in more dangerous positions than that. We can’t help when he ducks his head into the ground. It’s unfortunate and I don’t want to see that happen in any time in our game. If he doesn’t duck his head, that doesn’t happen.”

Sutton: “I understand what you’re saying, mate ...”

Sjmith: “How can you penalise that?”

Sutton: “But it’s lifted ...”

Smith: “So if anyone ducks their head in the ground from now on (inaudible) ...”

Sutton: “Cameron, he goes into a dangerous position. The tackle’s on report.”

Smith: “I understand that but it’s not if he doesn’t duck his head.”

McKinnon hit out at Smith in an interview on 60 Minutes on Sunday, prompting Smith to decide against cooperating with Channel Nine during Origin week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/breaki...e/news-story/fbc8941cb2e1d9ff501827ec876c2221

60 mins showed an edited version of what was said.

What 60 mins showed

Radio station Triple M revealed on Wednesday that 60 Minutes aired an edited version of the exchange between Smith and Sutton that omitted the Storm captain stating: “It’s unfortunate and I don’t want see that happen any time in our game.”

In addition, Triple M stated: “Alex is also led to believe Cameron has been arguing with the ref throughout the eight minutes he’s been on the field. However ... Cameron Smith does not, in fact, talk to the referee until Alex McKinnon has left the field.”

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We all think of him as a clean skin but he looks like he has a penchant for heads, necks and now legs, well groins.....Has missed three games previously with one of those being a GF.

Cameron Smith's judiciary record:

2003: Dangerous throw grade one. One game ban.

2008: Contrary conduct (head/neck) grade one. No games.

2008: Contrary conduct (head/neck) grade one. Two games.

RELATED ARTICLE
STORM
Cameron Smith's 2008 grand final ban will free him up for State of Origin opener
2014: Dangerous conduct (forearm) grade one. No games.

Source: David Middleton, League Information Services

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You must be a relative of Cameron Smith if you think there was nothing in that tackle. Absolutely no reason for him to grab & pull & untimely cause Proctor to leave the field .
Smith has left leg, Proctor has groin injury in right side.

Not Smith's fault regarding the injury.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Along with slater he is one of the biggest grubs in the game and does his best to hide behind the good guy image. Just look at his totally fake reaction when one of the titans players got knocked out, that had everything to do with him trying to show hey i'm not that low life piece of shit that mckinnon called out ;)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
"Gets away with murder" might be a slight exaggeration.

TBH, two weeks suspension would be about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.