Opinions on Klemmer coming off the bench?

Klemmer of the bench?

• Starting prop

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Come on at around 20 min

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
But Graham wasn't bought for his offloads where woods was, because he doesn't do anything else.

So you would pick woods over Graham?

PS Klem has had 6 so far and nobody expects him to offload.
Every day of the week. For starters Woods plays nearly 60mins a game to Grahams less than 45. Woods averages 14 runs and makes 24 tackles to Grahams 10 runs and 20 tackles. Their errors and tackle busts etc are about the same. Plus Woods' is over $200k a year cheaper and is 4 years younger. Graham was bought by us as a ball playing prop and he did that for a couple of years and then didn't and still doesn't.

BTW none of the Dragons props offload. Woods has more than all of their forwards combined except for De Belin who has 13. They use their halves differently to us.

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In this day and age, the bench plays a significant role in determining the outcome of matches.

We lacked strike off the bench in the opening rounds, Deano identified this, and having Klemmer rotate at the backend of halves ensures we always have a prop of the highest quality on the field. Klemmer is more dynamic than Woods, so his impact would be far damaging to opposition teams coming into the match at the midpoint of the first half.

It’s quite like what we saw with James Graham when he first came to the club under Hasler, and look at the success we had adopting the same approach.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Every day of the week. For starters Woods plays nearly 60mins a game to Grahams less than 45. Woods averages 14 runs and makes 24 tackles to Grahams 10 runs and 20 tackles. Their errors and tackle busts etc are about the same. Plus Woods' is over $200k a year cheaper and is 4 years younger. Graham was bought by us as a ball playing prop and he did that for a couple of years and then didn't and still doesn't.

BTW none of the Dragons props offload. Woods has more than all of their forwards combined except for De Belin who has 13. They use their halves differently to us.
Is woods cheaper? Didn't know that.

Compare when we first got Graham until he got brainwashed by the fraud, couldn't you part some blame on him too?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Compare when we first got Graham until he got brainwashed by the fraud, couldn't you part some blame on him too?
Of course mate. I loved Graham in those first few years but in the last 2 he just ran sidewards every hit up and never offloaded. It's all good and well for him to stand there screaming at his team mates but he was by far the highest paid player in our team last year and he didn't deliver. Frankly, in the Dragons games I have seen this year (only a few) he hasn't looked any different. The stats show he doesn't offload and he still runs sidewards. The only difference is the side is winning so the spotlight isn't on him.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yup grahams deal backended (suprise) and more than graham
Graham is cooked, live the bloke but well past his best

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Of course mate. I loved Graham in those first few years but in the last 2 he just ran sidewards every hit up and never offloaded. It's all good and well for him to stand there screaming at his team mates but he was by far the highest paid player in our team last year and he didn't deliver. Frankly, in the Dragons games I have seen this year (only a few) he hasn't looked any different. The stats show he doesn't offload and he still runs sidewards. The only difference is the side is winning so the spotlight isn't on him.
Hate running sideways, being a prop I'm extra critical and sensitive of the prop position lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yup grahams deal backended (suprise) and more than graham
Graham is cooked, live the bloke but well past his best
Sad but true. The NRL hasn't seen the ESL beast mode of Graham.

I used to watch ESL just for him.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought we got him for offloads, how many offloads so far this season? Granted that Mbye is shit in support but even opposition know he will just hit the line and stop. He doesn't even bend the line that Graham did.

No point drawing in defenders then just stop.

Klem draws 4 players always and makes heaps of post tackle meters.
I agree, but problem is when we do have opportunity to offload or make a linebreak, Mbye is no-where to be seen (i.e Frawley linebreak). He should always be circling and watching the ball in attack (look at corey thomson for the tigers, he won them the game no doubt on thursday). A forward wont risk offloading when they know no-one is behind them to catch it. I would prefer the 100% completion rate (from memory) we had in the first half and tire out the opponents over risk offloading when Mbye isnt even there most of the time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree, but problem is when we do have opportunity to offload or make a linebreak, Mbye is no-where to be seen (i.e Frawley linebreak). He should always be circling and watching the ball in attack (look at corey thomson for the tigers, he won them the game no doubt on thursday). A forward wont risk offloading when they know no-one is behind them to catch it. I would prefer the 100% completion rate (from memory) we had in the first half and tire out the opponents over risk offloading when Mbye isnt even there most of the time.
So true. I really hope Mbye becomes a fullback ASAP because I still see him as a glorified centre at best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
"No where to be seen" lol. Stop talking shit and actually watch the game. Moses was literally half a second away from Frawley.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"No where to be seen" lol. Stop talking shit and actually watch the game. Moses was literally half a second away from Frawley.
Yeh and what about offloading opportunities? I was not referring dto only one linebreak where he was there, I am talking in general.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The logic is so fucking flawed "he does better off the bench" no fucking shit, it's easier. But we didn't give him a multimillion dollar contract to play the easier way. He's on that contract because he's our best prop and you start your best props to maximise their minutes and have them on at crucial times of the game. Maybe Tauamlolo or Fifta should be benched...pfft.
Bit like Holland coming on at 70m.

I think the experiment is kind of working, but of course an average player coming on ehen everyone else is stuffed is going to look like a superstar. Derr.

Klemmer should start. Kasiano is the type of guy you bring on at 20 because he is fat and mostly ineffective against fresh opposition...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need impact from the bench we've had none until Pay put klem there, second rate props or players can hold there own for short periods only.
Hope Pay starts with the best ISP prop to partner Woods and leave Klem on the bench.

Reactions: DT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh and what about offloading opportunities? I was not referring dto only one linebreak where he was there, I am talking in general.
Won us a penalty with his support play when taken out off the ball, on the end of a To'omaga offload in traffic, on the end of an offload on the right edge that resulted in a repeat set from a forced dropout.

He can't teleport and be in multiple positions at once. He's stuck playmaking, he's stuck kicking, etc. There are a stack of things he's left doing that he shouldn't have to be doing yet people still want to complain. It's also not like anyone else in the team is pushing up in support for offloads.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me if either Klemmer starts or not, as long as he is not on the field when Woods is on. They seem to play better when one is off and the other is on.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We are taking advantage of the tiring forwards when Klemmer comes on - and it is working - he is max 60 min player anyway.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't change a winning formula now. Our forwards are winning the battle consistently because Klem lifts the team at the twenty minute mark. But we really need some impact from our younger forwards over the next few years.

Wait till we have Okunbor, Ogden and RT for a bench.. That will be a year we go close.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Either way, big Klem will do just fine, I would surest that it would depend on who we are playing TBH, why lock him in as a starter or off the bench?/

Reactions: DT

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
until some other forward step up, probably off the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.