Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Took some tough bombs though
Yeh hes pretty good under the bombs. Had his best supercoach scoring game since the Penrith win earlier in the year.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully olive or smith have a good game in ressies

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only reason he’s in top grade is the board is making pay put him in as he’s a local junior

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only reason he’s in top grade is the board is making pay put him in as he’s a local junior
I know, PR bullshit. He needs to go, we would of scored another couple of trys if we had a winger with some speed. Smith or Olive have to come up. Smith scored a nice try last weekend and Olive has been solid all year.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Montoya obviously needs a spell in reserve grade, defensively awful, slow and lethargic. Last year he was superb and I loved him. As a young player that can happen so im willing to give him chances in the future if he can perform In reserves.

On the other hand Holland, detrimental in previous years but has returned looking faster and just improved overall.

Montoya out Holland in

1. Mbye
2. Holland
3. J moz
4. Hopoate
5. B Moz

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We have been saying this all year, Montoya has to improve 200% to be considered shit.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
After seeing Holland play when he came on, im now 110% sure it should be Montoya out, Holland in, and maybe Nu Brown as the utility on the bench in Holland's place
I hope this happens. Pay cannot be satisfied with the squad despite the win. He should always be looking to improve the side EVERY game.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m sick of Montoya. I honestly don’t know how he keeps getting picked every week. The **** offers nothing in defence or attack.
He leaked two tries in today and could of been a third if French didn’t drop the ball.

Time for Holland to return to the wing and blood in another youngster on the bench.

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s not Montoya’s fault; it’s the fault of Pay. We appear to be short every single time the opposition shifts it to their left, as some of you have said, it’s more of a structural issue than individual.

My main gripe with Montoya are his carries; they’re ineffective, and we struggle to gain momentum early in the attacking set. Hopoate needs to be shifted to the wing primarily for his strong ball running ability. Holland to slot in the centres.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sadly Tom Carr injured again last week.

But Reimis Smith, Bergamin, Lewis, Olive all in NSW Cup.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s not Montoya’s fault; it’s the fault of Pay. We appear to be short every single time the opposition shifts it to their left.

My main gripe with Montoya are his carries; they’re ineffective, and we struggle to gain momentum early in the attacking set. Hopoate needs to be shifted to the wing primarily for his strong ball running ability. Holland to slot in the centres.
100% on that short comment.

Thrilos14

Waterboy
Reaction score
Foran is the biggest problem with our team. The fact he’s on 800k a year means pay can’t and won’t drop him. A - because if he drops him the club looks retarded and like complete suckers for being connned into signing him and B - if he gets dropped then say goodbye to being able to offload him without having to pay at least 80% of his wage cause no one will pay more than minimum wage for him. Fix our halves and our season can be built on. Parras second try Montoya was infield but Foran had run in late to try a tackle on a player who passed before he even got near the player and ended up inside Jackson by 5 metres!! Then Jacko is trying to slide to cover Foran and hoppa and Montoya had moved in following Foran the retard. Hence the overlap. I know Montoya has been shit in defence but he and hoppa have had no help from Foran and his one arm.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran isn't the problem. The lack of support around Foran is.

He takes the ball to the line, attracts defenders, looks to offload and everyones standing around hands on hips. Fix that and you'll see a shitload of tries off him.

Watch in the back even if he's not involved in a play he's barking orders.

Plus he's playing injured at the moment as his knee/hamstring isn't 100%.

Re Montoya we are fucked.. Our board banged on so hard about our juniors, there is no way they'll let Pay release him, despite how shit he has been.

Starting to look like Monty was a One Season Wonder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.