The full extent and repercussions of Canterbury’s salary cap hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dribble is baseless talk.I presented details of what sections are in Agreements,to show you the weakness of the media's argument.My point is,the media have no way of knowing all the details of any Agreement,they can speculate,but they cannot make truth statements.

Agreements get renegotiated quite often,Graham volunteered to take a pay cut to help sign Reynolds.
We've seen Agreements renegotiated at the Storm,when they were ordered to cut their payroll by $1,012,500 to meet the 2011 salary cap by December 31,2010.
We saw same thing at Manly,when they renegotiated some Agreements,offsetting some of the salary against third party agreements,in order to sign Cherry-Evans for a record $10 million and secure him until 2023.
When Cameron Smith reported in Sydney morning herald "Players would consider a pay cut to help smaller nations' even though the players have a 'Collective Bargaining Agreement' with ARLC.

How do we or the media know that right now our CEO isn't renegotiating some Agreements,or securing further backended contracts,so as the new Agreements dont clash with the current one's?
Or if new third parties haven't been sourced by the Agent's,like Easts often do,example SBW?

Did you believe the media's exaggeration of our 2017 salary cap crises,saying 3-4 players would need to be offloaded?
or When the Mole wrote "It has left the club in a mess for next season".We were still able to still sign Woods,Foran and 10 fringe players.Compensate for $900k overestimation when the Bulldogs worked on a $10m salary cap instead of $9.1,by only losing Reynolds,Kasiano and offloading Graham.

Did you believe Paul Kent,the same reporter,writing about this salary cap crisis,when he reported only last month that the Bulldogs were after a half and named Sezer as a possibility?
When I asked Brett what that interview on Fox or story reported by Andrew Lucas was all about.His answer was "They got it out of context,my brother and I are after similar money we're on atm,but with what's going on,we doubt the club will offer it.As for salary cap problems,the players aren't going to say that,the club have to figure things out (said exactly same words,in bold in his interview).

Unlike you,I have seen a manager's (agent's) contract,with a player and club.The agent collects 20 per cent of TPAs but only 6 per cent of the player's contract with the club,as well as commissions from tipping a player into an investment.So how much a club can offer is secondary to them,their job is to hunt TPA's,how do you think Easts and Brisbane manage to sign so many elite players?

You say "player managers have been told",give me a name that made this official statement to the media on behalf of the club,not just as you say dribble!
I'm getting briefed by Natalie Dadisho who's an associate at Brydens Lawyers on Friday,Canterbury officials frequent their Bankstown office often,it's only a formality to get an introduction.
My livelihood depends on evidence and I can easily check the validity of this anonymous source.Any jackass can read a worthless report from second hand information and generalize without one solitary fact mentioned.If I represented a client briefed with the quality of this information,I'll get laughed at from the Supreme Court to the Local court.
The media's rhetoric is all about persuading with an impressive effect,when often they are regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.
If there is truth in this story and if substance is presented I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong.But just stating it's a "fucking fact" doesn't make it right!
Be prepared to be wrong when we sign nothing but nobodies and the club come out at the forum next week and admit they are stuffed.it is dribble when your banging on about confidentiality when nothing confidential has been leaked , being told a clubs cap is cooked is not confidential.... but keep name dropping

Last edited:

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So there are people out there blabbering left, right and centre, about our cap and players salaries, despite it being completely confidential and none of that contract able to be legally discussed?

Hmmm OK...
My god are you serious? What you and your mate up there Deathboy have to realise is nothing confidential is given out but you aren’t smart enough to realise that in order to sign players Hasler had to keep back ending deals ie Klemmer , kJ , hoppa , Mbye , Foran , Woods . That’s why we are stuffed

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Forans on like 1mil this year and gets around 1.5 Mil in his last year correct me if I'm wrong... But I heard this ages ago. And woods on like a 1mil as well.
No chance of that being right. He signed originally for about $2.1 over 3 years. So even with a backloaded contract he still only a middle of the road player. It's the forwards who will cripple us for the next few years.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did you believe the media's exaggeration of our 2017 salary cap crises,saying 3-4 players would need to be offloaded?
Did you believe Paul Kent,the same reporter,writing about this salary cap crisis,when he reported only last month that the Bulldogs were after a half and named Sezer as a possibility?
We let go of the 3 you mentioned plus Lee , Abbey and Kennar so point?
Also we were trying to offload Tillman to buy Sezer but nobody was stupid enough to pay what we did for him so again point?

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No chance of that being right. He signed originally for about $2.1 over 3 years. So even with a backloaded contract he still only a middle of the road player. It's the forwards who will cripple us for the next few years.
Woods, jj, Tolman and Klemmer are all on massive overs ... of course Eastwood but he’s going , but I can’t blame him as he took unders leading up to this year .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We’ll be prepared to admit your wrong when we sign nothing but nobodies ...so you’re being briefed by Natalie yet you come on a forum and divulge information ... yeah right. I’ve seen many players contracts , my brother is a player manager so nice try.
So if that's the case your "brother" is breaching confidential player contracts.

@Deathspell asked you for sources, and you obliged.

If your brother is a registered player agent his name would be here: https://www.rlpa.com.au/player-agents-current/

Or does he only deal in non NRL players?

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not fear at all it’s our reality , Des and Dib played a game with contracts that came back to bite them and us . They rely on having to offload players mid contract or with a year to go such as Kasiano , Graham , Abbey etc in order to balance the books . They only have to provide the NRL with a compliant salary cap at a predetermined date not 2 years in advance . Remember last year the NRL wouldn’t register woods or Foran ??? Why ?? Because our cap was smashed ! Forget what you hear from the media or the club get out and speak to player managers , they are the ones with the good oil and our situation is very dire . Dib and Des deserve to be given the Game if thrones treatment ... strip them naked and hurl shit at them for what they’ve done and when a few of you stop living in cloud delusion that it’s a media beat up the better you will be .
Did the same thing at manly and I'm afraid the writing was on the wall... Hindsight is no fucking good... Who was watching our clubs back and looking after our interests.
What a joke and what a shame

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is from Dean Ritchie:

“There’s four clubs lining up for Josh Mansour,” Ritchie told Triple M.

“The Roosters, Eels, Bulldogs and the Tigers.

Is someone taking the piss here. First we have journos saying we are fukked for 3 years and then we have this imbecile saying we are in the mix for the highest price winger on the market. Go figure.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So if that's the case your "brother" is breaching confidential player contracts.

@Deathspell asked you for sources, and you obliged.

If your brother is a registered player agent his name would be here: https://www.rlpa.com.au/player-agents-current/

Or does he only deal in non NRL players?
Again no players contracts were mentioned , just a general view of our cap. He deals in junior development FYI so I get to see how contracts are written and structured but I never see individuals contracts and if anyone has they are a liar.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being in such a diabolical position with our salary cap there is a positive to come out of it. We get to rebuild the club back to where it should be with a full clean out from top to bottom. What comes with it is a bit of heartache. That is just a part of life sometimes. I've taken away the expectations for now, or better still a year or two. I want to see us win every game but it's just not going to happen, therefore the losses are not so painful.

Over time our wins will occur off the field and that is what is going to be the catalyst for our success in the future. Our negatives will be outwayed by the positives and when they do actually occur and they will, we will get back to the Bulldogs of old. We just need to support our current board, coach and players and trust they have the best interest of the club and fans. I believe they do as they are all part of the Bulldogs DNA.

You are going to hear about our cap being diabolical or what ever description people want to use but hang tough and true, I'll guarantee hitting rock bottom doesn't mean you can't fight your way to the top. The Bulldogs will, always have in fact we are best when facing adversity. Just have faith and keep supporting our great club.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was listening to foxsports talk about our salary cap for next year and we are totally FUCKED and that's even getting rid of the Morris bros, Eastwood and going by fox they reckon 1 or 2 big names might have to go, also if we lose on Friday it will be our worst start to a season since 1996 and if we get done the following week it will be the worst start since the 60's, thanks hasler, dib and castle for destroying our great club you C**t's!!!

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was listening to foxsports talk about our salary cap for next year and we are totally FUCKED and that's even getting rid of the Morris bros, Eastwood and going by fox they reckon 1 or 2 big names might have to go, also if we lose on Friday it will be our worst start to a season since 1996 and if we get done the following week it will be the worst start since the 60's, thanks hasler, dib and castle for destroying our great club you C**t's!!!
Media beat up ....lol

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So why would the NRL approve Foran, Woods & Nu Brown singings looking at our cap over those years they are signed for plus sign off on Cogger (as low as his salary might be)?

Load of shit we have to offload big name players after Morris twins and Eastwood go.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Would be pretty funny if the club came out at the upcoming meeting and was like "yeah there isn't a problem with our cap".

Eastwood will free up a decent chunk.
Add to that Graham and Kasiano no longer being paid for.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would be pretty funny if the club came out at the upcoming meeting and was like "yeah there isn't a problem with our cap".

Eastwood will free up a decent chunk.
Add to that Graham and Kasiano no longer being paid for.
If they had a decent chunk you'd think they would be already spending it......

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who is actually contracted - as a top 30 player - for 2019 - I don't, except for what iv read here and media in general - supposedly 16 players.
Woods Klemmer Lichaa, Jackson, RFM, Elliot Fualalo, Toomaga, Foran, Holland Mbye Montoya Hopoate Tolman Ogden Brown Smith JMK and Cogger - that's 19!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who is actually contracted - as a top 30 player - for 2019 - I don't, except for what iv read here and media in general - supposedly 16 players.
Woods Klemmer Lichaa, Jackson, RFM, Elliot Fualalo, Toomaga, Foran, Holland Mbye Montoya Hopoate Tolman Ogden Brown Smith JMK and Cogger - that's 19!
Yeah that’s pretty close to the mark on who is contracted for next year unfortunately we don’t know who is in the top 30 this year let alone next year!

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Richie is saying Roosters, Eels, Bulldogs, Tigers for Mansour.

Gould has admitted Panthers can't match money offered by other teams.
He’s agreed to terms with the Eels, but the Roosters are keen (not sure why)

Status
Not open for further replies.