Bulldogs Dean Pay fined $25,000 for criticising referees. - Update Page 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give the money to the Sydney children's hospital at Randwick. These guys are close to my heart because they have saved my life when i was born 10 weeks premature and have looked after me and my family ever since and thanks to them i am writing this post.
Good to have you with us mate.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our club should not pay them 1 cent they should bring in the lawyers and sue the nrl for cheating and ripping us off 2 points and yeah who cares if we pay more in lawyers fees it's the principle of it .

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even fans of other clubs that hate the dogs cant believe what went on
and that says a lot. My mate is a tigers supporter and he and his old man absolute hates us yet they couldn't believe what they were watching last night.
I went onto the Eels forum just to see what they thought of it since we have them next week and majority said it was the "right call" and so on. Watch us get the rub of green so the NRL try to keep our mouths shut about last week and Parra will scream later "Blue murder".

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the gofundme cash, we should get a custom made 24 carat 9 inch dildo moulded into the shape of Bernard Suttons mouth. Ram it up his brothers ass for a good half an hour than down Bernards throat the dirty mother fucker

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
and that says a lot. My mate is a tigers supporter and he and his old man absolute hates us yet they couldn't believe what they were watching last night.
I went onto the Eels forum just to see what they thought of it since we have them next week and majority said it was the "right call" and so on. Watch us get the rub of green so the NRL try to keep our mouths shut about last week and Parra will scream later "Blue murder".
The refereeing bias was so blatantly obvious last night that I feel you maybe right about getting the rub of the green next week against Parra. The NRL's way of squaring things up. But I truly hope that our club shows some mongrel and doesn't back down from last nights events. Fuck the NRL and it's officials it's time we made a stand against corruption. I like to think that if we do other clubs will back us. These bastards need to be held accountable for their actions and an independant comity must be formed to handle all complaints and not have one Sutton brother white wash the corrupt refereeing of the other.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The whole organization is corrupt.
I'm almost done with NRL seriously.
I would love if the clubs took the game back from the NRL.
I agree 1000% I've been hoping and praying that this would happen. This game belongs to us fans but these bastards have made a mockery of it.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
well all i can say is that the club and all other clubs need to get behind their teams and coaches. stuff having a winge in the press conference, tell them that there will be more to come on the officiating of the match go back and compile every single incident that was ever similar to every shit call they copped on the night. have a club press release and air the video highlighting the inconsistancies. and when a game is blatantly biased i would love to see the whole team walk off the field and stand on the sideline.
last nights game probably wasn't bad enough to justify this sort of action but there have been games at club and origin level that you could justify a team doing this. would love to see a team do it

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If fined, We should refuse to pay.
What can the NRL do ? Fine us again ?
Fuck em. We saved some money with the hasler settlement, take it to court.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What about the decision to not award us a penalty 25 out right infront of the post when the marker was clearly not square in the last 5 minutes? We kick the goal there and go 8 ahead. Instead we concede a 7 tackle set and concede.

What about the bs call to penalise us for a blocker when there was absolutely nothing in it? Again that lead to pointa for the broncos.

There are so many other moments i could pin point, but it's blatantly obvious that we got ripped off by the refs and were constantly on the backfoot thanks to there game management. This only lead to us being under more pressure and forced us into more errors and sloppy tackles. We were reffed out of the game in the 2nd half, even Manly fans who would love nothing more than to see us finish dead last have pointed it out.
Concur fully.

Common denominator in all of this G Sutton/ B Sutton.

If we cast our memory back to 2015 and THAT game against Souths ;what about the push in the back of Morris on our short kick off after the penalty conversion by Souths. There were two hands laid on him by a Souths player who pushed him out of the way ; that warranted a penalty; of course none given. Funny isn't it how the referee on that night was also Mr G Sutton. Bernie was in the box that night too.

And what about the second Penrith game last week and the try where TWO Penrith players ran through the line , one running to and knocking Lichaa over and another contacting a second defender in the line right under the posts further to which another defender running across in the hope of covering actually fell over Lichaa, regained his feet and went again and the decision was " NO IMPACT ON THE DEFENSIVE LINE".....

Darius puts his hands in the air, has a whinge to the referee and of course we go upstairs and we all know after the on field official has made his statement to the video ref EXACTLY what was going to happen.

Five penalties to nil in the second half looks like the Broncos played the perfect game of footy. Gerard says so, so it must be right. It was a figment of my imagination that the Broncos were ever offside, markers were not square, I imagined the whole thing that they infringed in any way...

Bernard needs a quick trip to Spec savers if he believes that the ball was knocked back but honestly was he ever going to NOT support his brother. I have spoken to many people about this (and all of them supporters of other sides): the radio has fielded countless calls and the consensus on EVERY SINGLE ONE has been KNOCK ON. No one was " comfortable with the decision made"That's right guys WE ALL GOT IT WRONG; us, supporters of other sides, TV commentators, radio announcers, newspaper journalists but Gerard/ Chris Sutton(s) got it right you ask their BROTHER THE REFEREES BOSS BERNARD SUTTON. That decision at that time of the game was an absolute turning point. To compound that they then got three penalties to enable them to level up the scores.

No such response when the Tigers got shafted by the referee ( co-incidentally also playing against the Broncos) OH LOOK we got that one WRONG... Broncos still got the points though......but then again the referee was not the brother of the referees boss it was Ashley Klein -who was punished by making him video ref for the rest of that weekend and letting him officiate onfield the next week. Like wise the fiasco of the Souths game where Ben Cummins made on onfield apology to the Dogs after the event ( not even taking into account that the original decision was a knock on against Souths which was overturned to a penalty and another set of six off which they scored when it was shown that the original decision ( I.e. knock on) was in fact the CORRECT one. No apology for the incorrect play the ball in the set where Souths scored the winning try a carbon copy of the penalty awarded AGAINST us earlier in the game.

Our club can knock itself against a brick wall repeatedly, shout if from the rooftops if they like, but the perfect, never wrong and fair minded powers that be of the NRL will still say they were right.

Some food for thought.....

https://oureverydaylife.com/deal-person-thinks-hes-never-wrong-19363.html

Attempting to have a fair conversation with someone who thinks he's never wrong can be a source of frustration. Although being confident in your beliefs is usually a positive attribute, everyone knows a person who finds it virtually impossible to admit that they've done or said something wrong. As a result, you're left wondering if a discussion is even worth the effort, since the person who just has to be right puts negotiation and honesty to the side. If you have no choice but to interact with that person regularly, consider taking a strategic approach to communication.

Express Your Feelings

Explaining how a person's "never wrong" attitude affects you can be a good first step in pointing out why it's a problem. Express your feelings by using personal pronouns, such as stating, "I feel frustrated." Honest expression of your feelings can level the playing field with the person who thinks he's never wrong. It also helps create an environment where you take the first step in disclosing your feelings as well as your challenges. Whether this will be an enlightening moment for the person who thinks he's never wrong is something only known to that person. Ideally, explains the North Carolina Cooperative Extension, your relationship will grow stronger.

Active Listening

Active listening is a technique frequently used in counseling to encourage change to occur. You can listen actively by listening without judgment, no matter how much you feel compelled to challenge the person who thinks he's never wrong. Clarify what the person says, in your own words to ascertain that you've received the information accurately. Listen for unstated meaning that lets you know why the person feels compelled to defend a side or belief that is clearly in contradiction to what you see or hear. Monitor the feelings expressed by the person, even as he affirms that he believes he is in the right.

Problem Solving

Dealing with a person who is never wrong usually causes problems due to interpersonal conflicts. You can initiate conflict resolution by clarifying the problem without also resorting to blame. Once you have explained how the person's behavior affects you, work with them to negotiate solutions together. The best solutions, explains the University of Oregon in their online publication "Managing Conflict," focus on the needs of the other person. This translates into considering a win-win solution that allows both of you to compromise.

Disconnecting

If all your efforts fail in dealing with the person who always has to be right, your sanity might be better preserved by disconnecting from him. Disconnect by refusing to answer phone calls, texts or emails or by avoiding unnecessary conversations with him. Remain civil, but stick to the topic at hand in unavoidable conversations. Be polite and don't engage in conversations that have escalated in the past to arguments about who is right. Reach out to social supports for encouragement and security in disengaging.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any integrity unit will tell you that you must eliminate any conflict of interest to remain unbiased.
How can anyone not have a conflict of interest addressing the performance of their own brother.
NRL is a joke.

Reactions: DDR

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Clearly there's no conflict of interest here... The Sutton's are the cornerstone of morality and in no way shape or form would they ever side with each just because they are brothers... no never...

Status
Not open for further replies.