Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"A Man Defeated" - The Stage Show

Honestly big credit for calling it like it is. "Was it a knock on? What do you think? Of course it was a knock on. Disgraceful call"

$10k down the drain but well worth it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reporter: "Will you follow up with the NRL about that decision?"

Pay: "Yeah, I'll follow up and they'll say, 'We got it wrong', it doesn't help us. we're trying to get our season back going forward again and it's decided like that"

Big respect for Pay there. Just has the shits with the poor calls.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Dean did say that he will speak to them tomorrow and they reply by saying we got it wrong, then went on saying how is this going to help us.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im happy for him to cost us $10k, he is saying what we are all thinking. Every time we got on top they penalised us to death, multiple dodgy penalty goals scored. Blatant knock ons missed. And they will all just call us bad losers. But the refs were seriously shit. And its usually the same ref we are talking about, when we are outraged about a ref performance in here. It doesnt happen every loss (that we blame the ref). But with this ref, it nearly always does because he is a shit ****.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should have come out and said it and cop the 10k.

“The refereeing performance tonight was amateurish and the NRL need to address it as the public may perceive it as trying to influence the outcome of a game. here’s my 10k “.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
May cop a fine but it will be money well spent. About time we had a coach prepared to call it as he sees it against crappy refereeing decisions.
Ricky Stuart rubbing off on him

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well done Deano but it's still not enough for me. I am furious at this shite constantly happening, I demand that the club do or say something tomorrow and follow this up!
NOW is the time for the board to shine.

Grow a set, stand up, and put out a press release that the club will be considering legal action against the NRL for constantly allowing the deliberate manipulation of the game.

If there are calls like this and it costs the club money (in sponsorships/lost revenue/memberships), then the club potentially have a case.

Not to mention it's technically match fixing/fraud.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOW is the time for the board to shine.

Grow a set, stand up, and put out a press release that the club will be considering legal action against the NRL for constantly allowing the deliberate manipulation of the game.

If there are calls like this and it costs the club money (in sponsorships/lost revenue/memberships), then the club potentially have a case.

Not to mention it's technically match fixing/fraud.
Well said! Last time we needed the board and CEO support, they bent the club over for the NRL!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol everyone is falling for pats distraction from the fact he’s a shit **** coach and is just using the refs (granted cheating *****) as an excuse for his failures.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
FUCK YES!!!

You know what? I absolutely applaud Deanos effort in the presser tonight, he spoke his mind an stood up for what was right an told it how it is..
People said he was soft an too laid back etc! But after watching that I have 100% faith in him as our coach, he showed a different side to him an you can tell how gutted he was an the feelings involved.

Well done dean, your a champion bloke an deserve every chance to turn things Around and coach this great club, and with the changes you made to get that win (which we did) proved that your trying for this club.

Well done an keep it up!!

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/03/live-stream-broncos-bulldogs-press-conferences/
Fast Foward to 19, unless you want to listen to Wayne and his boyfriend chat before hand.

HOLY SMOKES!! SHOTS FIRED!!! Dean Pay is PISSED OFF as hell.

$10k fine incoming!!!!

Pay:
"A lot of decisions that went against us.. a LOT ... we shouldn't have even been in that position"

Pay: "If it looks like a knock on it is a knock on.. disgraceful call"

Pay: "Darius says he felt he may have brushed him... is that worth a penalty to stop a game of football? We didn't get the opportunity to keep playing... the games over"

Pay: "I've got a group of blokes in there that busted their arse tonight ... and to be decided like that... it's ridiculous... you know.. what do I say to them?"

Pay: "I dont know .. it's like we are not supposed to win"

Pay: "Yep I'll follow it up with them, they'll say 'We got it wrong' and then they'll just move on.. but it doesn't help us... you know .. we are trying to win a game of footy here and get our season ya know.. back going forward again.. and it's decided like that"

Jackson: "Yeah definitely on the back of what I think was 40% possession we put ourselves a position to win it and as Deanos already said... 17 blokes out there busted an absolute arse off for 80 minutes and for it to come down to a decision like that ... which ... yeah ... I won't say any more about that.... but yeah... it's heartbreaking mate.. its two points... its gold for us at the moment.. so can't question attitude and effort of the boys."

Pay: "The other thing is about it.. is the way he speaks to my players as well... you know .. Jacko was off.. Dave Klemmer goes over to speak to him okay.. he doesn't even ask him if he is the captain at that time....Dave said he was.. and he penalised him for back chat.. He wasn't aggressive towards him...he was asking a question... and that penalty ties it up at 14 all... it was just one decision after another.."
He forget to mention the penalty on morris for hardy touching a chaser on a kick striaght after the clear as fucking day isacco knock on. Which allowed the gronks to level the scores.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True story broncos have won 14 straight under Sutton in brisbane and 11 out of last 13 at all grounds. Im pretty sure that makes it 7 straight losses under him for us. All since good friday.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done Deano but it's still not enough for me. I am furious at this shite constantly happening, I demand that the club do or say something tomorrow and follow this up!
Sure it sounds funny but worth the club exploring if they could seek an injunction against the NRL appointing Sutton to our games. Just the publicity alone would make it worth the effort.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im happy for him to cost us $10k, he is saying what we are all thinking. Every time we got on top they penalised us to death, multiple dodgy penalty goals scored. Blatant knock ons missed. And they will all just call us bad losers. But the refs were seriously shit. And its usually the same ref we are talking about, when we are outraged about a ref performance in here. It doesnt happen every loss (that we blame the ref). But with this ref, it nearly always does because he is a shit ****.
You can call Sutton a shit **** but at the end of the day even a thousand c-bombs wouldn't sufficiently describe Gerard Sutton, he's a first class piece of shit.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brisbane Broncos v Canterbury Bulldogs: 'It's like we're not supposed to win', says Dean Pay
LEAGUE

• Published on May. 3, 2018

Furious Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs coach Dean Pay has questioned whether his side were ‘not supposed to win’ after a series of controversial calls went against his men in Thursday’s 22-20 loss to the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

In a withering post-match spray, Pay took aim at referee Gerard Sutton over several of his decisions and his handling of the Bulldogs players throughout the ‘heart-breaking’ loss.

The 79th-minute penalty and sin-binning of Moses Mbye for taking out Darius Boyd, which led to Jamayne Isaako’s match-winning penalty goal, will dominate the post-match discussion.

But Pay said the damage had already been done after his side finished on the wrong end of an 8-3 penalty count.

“There was a lot in the lead up to it, you could say that,” a clearly frustrated Pay said after the match when asked about Mbye’s sin-binning for taking out Boyd.

“There was a lot of decisions out there that went against us – a lot.

“We shouldn’t even have been in that position.”

Pressed for more comment on the Mbye decision, Pay replied: “I don’t know, Darius was in here before and said he might have felt him (Mbye) brush him.

“Is that worth a penalty to stop a game of football?

“Because we didn’t get the opportunity to keep playing, the game’s over.”

Asked if the decision and subsequent loss was heartbreaking, Pay replied: “Of course it is, I’ve got a bunch of blokes in there who busted their arse tonight and to be decided like that, it’s ridiculous.

“What do I say to them?

“… It’s like we’re not supposed to win.”

Pay promised to raise his concerns with the NRL but isn’t hopeful of a positive response.

“Yeah, I’ll follow up (with the NRL) and they’ll say, ‘Yeah, we got it wrong’, and then they’ll just move on,” he barked.

“It doesn’t help us. We’re trying to win a game of footy here and trying to get our season back going forward again, and it’s decided like that.”

The coach wasn’t finished, labelling the controversial knock-back decision when Broncos winger Isaako appeared to knock the ball on a ‘disgraceful call’.

“We got two (penalties) in the first 10 minutes and then it’s 8-1 against us,” Pay fumed.

“We put a kick up, the winger catches the ball, gives himself up as if it’s a knock on and (the referee) tells him to play on.

“… If it looks like a knock on, it is a knock on – it was a disgraceful call.”

Pay also questioned referee Sutton’s overall attitude towards his men.

“The other thing about it is the way he speaks to my players as well,” Pay fumed.

“Jacko was off, Dave Klemmer goes over to speak to him and he didn’t even ask him if he was the captain at that point.

“Dave said he was, and he penalised him for back-chat. Dave wasn’t aggressive towards him, he was asking a question, and that penalty tied the game up at 14-all.

“It was just one penalty after another.”

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
should tell the nrl to go get fucked......its not like they can afford to take us to court the fucked ***** couldn't even get a loan & if they threatened to pull our annual grant tell them to fucking keep it to pay our weekly fines for telling it as it is

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The next time Sutton refs us - we should take the “longest Yard” Movie route.... set him up for a Klemmer special or just aim a kick at his balls.... Oh yeah sorry, I bet he doesn’t have any!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Next week when the sides run out Dogs should instead run out and sit on the sidelines in protest. What are they going to do then when we make the entire NRL look like idiots?

Sure they could fine the club, but we just don't pay it as I doubt it's enforceable. Plus the media would have to report on it.

Simply tell the NRL until all Suttons are removed from the game we will not be taking the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.