Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
When I see Dean on camera at the moment he is not filling me with confidence. He looks worried.
Unless he just doesn't like media or the camera.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Pays job is to worry about now. Like
My job is to worry about my clients needs now, not the next time they have a problem.
Let me tell you something about coaching a football team. Pay is doing his job NOW with the resources he has NOW. For example, say a real estate agency wants to be the property managers for a house for lease when you buy it. They need to WAIT until you buy it BEFORE you go to them for the job. They don't have that resource yet.

Pay inherited Des' mess and he's working on it NOW to try and fix it, but when you have a salary cap problem and team playing poorly, you are limited to what you can do. If he wasn't working towards the future he wouldn't be doing his job right.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This is no where near comparable to the Newcastle saga that Brown had. Our cattle is far superior to what he had. At one point he had to bring up a hooker from the Local Newcastle competition. Absolutely not comparable in the slightest. Pay can do much better at the minute with what he has.
That's why Newcastle finished that season with 1 win. We've got 2 so far so we've already exceeded that team. Just because we're better than that Newcastle team doesn't take away the fact that we're SHIT thanks to Des. Let Pay do what he must with time just like Nathan Brown did with Newcastle. It's taken them 3 seasons to get here and people like @Gotenks are already calling for Pay's head after 8 games.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
At least he has dropped Lichaa for this game.
Thank god!!!
Don't discount how shit Lichaa has been AGAIN this season.
He played ok the first two games but we got flogged.
Had we had a half decent 9 on the field I think we woukd have won the Souths & 2nd Roosters game.
Lichaa can't throw a spiral pass to the right for fuck suck!!
In the Roosters game he kept going left when the team was set deep for attack on the right.
But the perfect example was the set on the Penrith line last game. His passing from dummy half was abysmal, like under 9s stuff.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL.com has Frawley playing as hooker and JMK in the 6. Can this happen?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least he has dropped Lichaa for this game.
Thank god!!!
Don't discount how shit Lichaa has been AGAIN this season.
He played ok the first two games but we got flogged.
Had we had a half decent 9 on the field I think we woukd have won the Souths & 2nd Roosters game.
Lichaa can't throw a spiral pass to the right for fuck suck!!
In the Roosters game he kept going left when the team was set deep for attack on the right.
But the perfect example was the set on the Penrith line last game. His passing from dummy half was abysmal, like under 9s stuff.
This is not an exaggeration but my son, who plays under 11s, has a better spiral on both sides than Lichaa.

Sure he can't pass as far and the pressure of the game is not there BUT his pass is better lol. It's the honest truth.

I told him to watch Hodgson from the Raiders last year when not injured and Aaron Smith from rugby.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This is not an exaggeration but my son, who plays under 11s, has a better spiral on both sides than Lichaa.

Sure he can't pass as far and the pressure of the game is not there BUT his pass is better lol. It's the honest truth.

I told him to watch Hodgson from the Raiders last year when not injured and Aaron Smith from rugby.
I know.
I totally believe your son can pass better than Lichaa!!
One of our games I was flicking between the dogs game and the Comm games.
Women's rugby 7s were on.
All those girls could pass better than Lichaa!!

I honestly believe he is the worst 9 we have had at the club with the ball in his hands.
He can tackle ok I guess.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay has inherited a whole range of issues - squad salary cap etc BUT his demeanour during media conferences etc does not instill confidence.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep.
I couldn't believe it at the time.
Oh well Michael Lichaa will be around to torture me until 2021.
I was under the impression that Lichaa only had a 1 year extension which means he will be gone for 2019 thank fuck!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was under the impression that Lichaa only had a 1 year extension which means he will be gone for 2019 thank fuck!!
Oh..well that's much better than 3 years.
Hope you're right.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we lose tonight can pay get th sack? It’s only ironically fair as last year this win against broncos gave Hasler a fake extension so pay at least deserves to get a fake termination. (But actually is terminated)

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm guna stick up for pay tonight, atleast he had the balls to question the refs post match, decision after decision
Klemmer got penalised for asking a question, just was off so klemmer was captain and ref penalised him
Fucking joke
Wasn't rude or nothing
Joke

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
I'm guna stick up for pay tonight, atleast he had the balls to question the refs post match, decision after decision
Klemmer got penalised for asking a question, just was off so klemmer was captain and ref penalised him
Fucking joke
Wasn't rude or nothing
Joke
Good to see dean pay bein dean pay.
He's really starting to warm to his position in every department.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really good to see Pay show a bit of emotion in that press conference. Will probably cop a 10k fine for it after calling the refs disrespectful towards Klemmer but if it gets us the win next week then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.