Are there off field issues hampering our performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Last nights game against the Panthers, it almost seemed like we were disinterested. Even when up in the game, we never looked like we were going to win that game.

Normally I'd blame the refs, but the refs were largely not key to the decisions last night. They didn't drop the ball cold, they didn't wander around like nomads with no direction.

It almost came across last night (and the last few weeks), like the players simply don't care.

Jackson in the presser agreed we were "out enthused".. well why? Why were we not enthusiastic and excited to get on field and play?

To me this screams of issues behind the scenes!

Are our players getting paid?
Are our players happy?

I believe there is more to this current "lack of performance" on the field, and it may also explain Pays lack of answers, and lack of fixing those issues.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Need a complete clean out. Anyone that was under haslers rule needs to go. We could honestly put a bunch of a-grade players from the Bankstown bulls and they will give it a better shot.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last nights game against the Panthers, it almost seemed like we were disinterested. Even when up in the game, we never looked like we were going to win that game.

Normally I'd blame the refs, but the refs were largely not key to the decisions last night. They didn't drop the ball cold, they didn't wander around like nomads with no direction.

It almost came across last night (and the last few weeks), like the players simply don't care.

Jackson in the presser agreed we were "out enthused".. well why? Why were we not enthusiastic and excited to get on field and play?

To me this screams of issues behind the scenes!

Are our players getting paid?
Are our players happy?

I believe there is more to this current "lack of performance" on the field, and it may also explain Pays lack of answers, and lack of fixing those issues.
Looking to much into it... the place is apparently the best it’s been in a while vibe wise. I think it’s more they don’t take the coach to seriously and his sort of become maybe to much of a mate style of coach and not a hard headed one. Prob just amateur mistakes but your guess is as good as mine.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt it is about pay. We need a massive clean out and that is looking like pushing players to ESL. Morris bros, Eastwood, Hopoate, Lichaa.

Looking like moving on graham and paying some of his salary is another terrible call by Hasler. Woods has been terrible

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I doubt there are off field issues. We just have the wrong mix of players on the field. And nobody in reserves that would change it. For this year we have to grin and bear it

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are lacking in quality in key positions and are very low in confidence. There’s a losing culture now and it’s going to take a long time to turn it around.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Problems are the back ended contracts and players losing their passionate leaders, graham and reynolds (previously ennis), due to the past board/Haslers stupidity.

Not an excuse for losing, but for morale/enthusiasm? Perhaps.

We certainly have players putting in effort and passion, but its not a team effort. Compare the sheds at half time, panthers rallying together, while ours looked like bunch of individuals standing around. At half time I knew we were going to lose after seeing that.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No issues. i can see that the boys are actually trying. They are just a bunch that has no talent and instinct. They are just crap and it is sad

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What wouldn’t be hampering is if we give some of these young guns in the nsw cup a crack.. some fresh faces an young energy would do a world of good an be very exciting to watch!!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely Klemmer has issues. He plays ten times better when he puts on the rep jersey. **** becomes a soft cock afraid to break his nails when he puts on the dogs jersey.

I ve had enough of this ****. Fuck him with his faggot friend balsa.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Definitely Klemmer has issues. He plays ten times better when he puts on the rep jersey. **** becomes a soft cock afraid to break his nails when he puts on the dogs jersey.

I ve had enough of this ****. Fuck him with his faggot friend balsa.
Klem was a beast, early on in that game. Then the panthers forwards turned up the heat, and he went to water.
Fkn bitch.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We do need a massive clean out. We need some youthful and more mongrel type players in the squad.

Morris boys
Hoppa
Mbye
Are all going through the motions and need to be gone.
We desperately need a superstar halfback to run the show, a fullback who actually can play FB and has vision to follow the play and know when to inject themselves. A ball playing lock as well who can offload, tackle make breaks etc..

We need a coach who can actually get the best out of them

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We lack quality.

If you havent noticed we have the worst spine in the comp.

We need to get rid of all the dead wood and there is alot of it. Lichaa, Foran, Eastwood, Fualalo

Mbye will not work at fullback.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve heard TPA may have gone missing for some players since Board got flipped.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We lack quality.

If you havent noticed we have the worst spine in the comp.

We need to get rid of all the dead wood and there is alot of it. Lichaa, Foran, Eastwood, Fualalo

Mbye will not work at fullback.
Absolutely agree!

If we do not re-sign Morris bros, Mbye must slot in to left centre with JMK going to hooker. We than need to find a genuine 1, 6 & 7

We have Toomaga and Ogden, who are the future and who should slot straight onto the bench for Fualalo and Eastwood.

I honestly think we have a decent forward pack with Klemmer, Woods, RFM, Jackson, Tolman, Priest, Toomaga & Ogden, but its about getting the balance right.

We have Cogger coming across who is a rookie just like JMK and they need a couple of years, but as you know patience is a virtue.

It certainly does not help that Foran is broken and finished and we have a massive handicap in our spine.

Hoppa/Montoya combo certainly aint dangerous

Who do we sign who is off contract this year? I dont know.

Coote as a stop gap at FB?

Isaako to take over from Brett Morris?

Austin or Sezer for 5/8?

Who the fuck would take Foran?

Do we have any room in the cap? Who the fcuk knows

Status
Not open for further replies.