Woods is a Dud buy -refund please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
What is it with Arron woods? Maybe he should play for the Dogs in a Blues jumper perhaps that way Canterbury can get the best out of him. It's bloody obvious he is making mistakes at critical times that has a significant contribution to dogs loosing matches. Last night against Penrith two drop balls when we were desperate for possession. Let's not forget roosters try which ended up winning them the game was directly after Woods handling error. Let's go back further and the lazy getting back onside that drew a penalty for shepered. I"m sorry, he may be trying, but for someone who is chewing up $800k plus of salary cap, we expect more, much more. At the moment he is a big contributor to us loosing games, not winning them, so can we please ask for a refund from Tigers least free return.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When Woods was at the Tigers they lost more than they won, when he plays for NSW they lose more than they win - seems he only has success playing for Australia.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he's hardly our biggest issue mate, has he made crucial errors yeah he has however we desperately need a 9 Lichaa has been really disappointing AGAIN this season. Thought he'd be better under Pay than he was under Des. I'd even be happy with JMK moving there & a Cleeland in the halves we have to try something a lil different it's just not working. The JMK halves experiment has been pretty disappointing however he's only been playing in the halves for 5-6 weeks some here have been harsh on the kid.

Not to mention our non-existent right side Defense Hoppa & Montoya have been shocking all year please don't tell me they played well yesterday (yeah Hoppa scored a nice try) however I would've run past poor Kikau who got shoved into the centres. As soon as they adjusted the back line & moved Yeo to centre Hoppa did fuck all.

Anyone who watched the Knights game yesterday, Cogger was pretty poor. His short kicking game & decision making on final play was very poor. He may improve in the long term I realize he's only young but if anyone was banking on him being our saviour next season is gonna be disappointed.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sharon Wooods - rubbish over rated.

For the coin we threw at him, we could have got ourselves someone like Talmolollo

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get the feeling Woods is trying too hard to put in a performance that will impress the selectors instead of focusing on getting 2 points for the club.

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
Woods needs to come off the bench, he would kills it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if people think he's overrated or not, fact is we have the Australian frontrow yet we're getting fucking pumped in the forwards. RCG made our frontrow his bitch last night.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get the feeling Woods is trying too hard to put in a performance that will impress the selectors instead of focusing on getting 2 points for the club.
Trying to hard to impress everyone including us. Pressure makes you do some stupid things.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We signed him for four years ffs....

But he isnt the biggest issue.. our forwards are a pack of individual forwards rather than a forward pack

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s made some crucial errors, but he’s been pretty good if you take those away.

Of course, you can’t undo those errors tho.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Woods is unfairly crictised he hasent been anywhere near as bad as people make out. Until last night his performance last night was embarrassing, he shit himself when they went after him

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Waste of fucken money. Adds nothing to an already below average team.
***** not a bulldog.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods is just another fat forward from another era. Same as Klemmer. They are the Australian front row but their weaknesses are exposed in a side that lacks quality and skill. Most other plodder teams have creative edge running forwards or highly mobile and skillful front rowers. They also have a fast dummy half who takes the pressure off. We don’t have one good edge forward apart from RFM. Des converted Jackson into a plodder and Elliot is a shitty version of gary warburton. We are also stuck with Lichaa who is the worst hooker we have ever had since Adam Brideson.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Woods is unfairly crictised he hasent been anywhere near as bad as people make out. Until last night his performance last night was embarrassing, he shit himself when they went after him
Extremely harsh... His first stint was brilliant. Only thing was he turned the game twice last and in the opposite direction, his try saver on Edwards that got him injured which put us on top and then his inability to just play simple footy.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Harsh, he is trying hard, he gets the ball 2m from the defence and most times they know its a one out hit up and jamb him with 3 defenders, he can’t even offload. We must be the easiest team to video the week before a game , soo predictable. He signed when kasiano and graham were still here , he was joining a pack that would have been the envy of every club , instead he ends up being a battering Ram with Klemmer, with no support of the bench.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Trying very hard, in fact too hard which brings a few mistakes, when he’s on he’s on an is a very good player. With a great pack his offloads an work load would actually take the team to a new level.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Pointing fingers at the wrong player. He brings 2nd phase play to the team which is really the only time we look dangerous in attack. Our 1 6 7 and 9 need to just sniff around the ruck for those offloads. Think he made 200 m last week. Penrith did monster our pack last night but

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it with Arron woods? Maybe he should play for the Dogs in a Blues jumper perhaps that way Canterbury can get the best out of him. It's bloody obvious he is making mistakes at critical times that has a significant contribution to dogs loosing matches. Last night against Penrith two drop balls when we were desperate for possession. Let's not forget roosters try which ended up winning them the game was directly after Woods handling error. Let's go back further and the lazy getting back onside that drew a penalty for shepered. I"m sorry, he may be trying, but for someone who is chewing up $800k plus of salary cap, we expect more, much more. At the moment he is a big contributor to us loosing games, not winning them, so can we please ask for a refund from Tigers least free return.
I believe that because he has been contracted for 3 years he now sitting pretty for first 2, he will play much better during the last year of his contract. I have seen it with many other players.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he hasn't really been good for nsw either the bloke is a lazy overpaid brain dead fuck wit. I don't think there is a game for us yet where he hasn't made a stuff up that has effected the outcome of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.