It is only going to get worse, much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are 2 wins and 6 losses and in those 8 games we have had no injuries. Absolutely none.

Pay has had his first choice to chose from for all 8 games.

Law of averages suggests that it is only a matter of time before we get injuries. Once we get injuries i dont even think we will be competitive.

Last night the Panthers were missing there hooker, halfback and probably there best player, winger, center and lost there starting full back only minutes into the game.

They were also missing 2 forwards.

That is simply unforgivable especially after leading 12-2.

In terms of comparison to last season, in terms of effort, energy there is not much difference to last season. Where the team has not improved one bit is in the smarts, IQ, between the ears.

I dont know what it is, but this team has zero smarts. It has not had smarts for a longtime.

Nothing has improved in this regard. They have had a whole off season.

TBH, i dont think we will win more than 5 games all year.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't wish injury on anyone but in all honesty they would be the best blessing for this team.it would mean Pay would have to blood new players for once

Now if only most of our squad got injured...

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't wish injury on anyone but in all honesty they would be the best blessing for this team.it would mean Pay would have to blood new players for once

To be honest it shouldn’t come down to that. We had the shits with des because he did the same thing and players kept there spot no matter what they did. Pay needs to grow some balls and make changes because if he doesn’t he will be the one without a job not getting the results he needs

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree with this. I don’t want anyone injured but some forced changes seems like it’s the only way changes will be made.

Whether there are any better options in 2nd grade is debatable. Unless they are given the opportunity we will never know.

Fact is the current lot are not producing the goods. With no fear of being dropped.

Unfortunately Until Pay drops the mindset of us being unlucky and makes changes. We are stuffed.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players, coaches already have an excuse.
That is, this is Des' squad. As long as they have that excuse, they will continue to be mediocre. Trust me, it is in the back of there minds.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never thought I would be more despondent watching the 'Dogs than I was in 2008... from a powerhouse to whipping boys

but we had had such a great team for 6-7 years, had been picked apart as a result of the cap, SBW, drop offs in form (eg. Sherwin) etc... it was understandable

and you knew that the pain would be short lived as a clean out was on the way and the club was in the process of a significant recruitment drive

but now, it is almost worse because it is hard to see how the club can turn this around

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Its weird because he showed he was willing to drop players in the first couple of games and now he refuses to do it. I don’t think bringing in ISP players are necessarily going to turn the season around and make us a top 8 team but it would make the players more accountable if they knew he’s will to drop them.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
A mid season coaching change would be a masterstroke

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are 2 wins and 6 losses and in those 8 games we have had no injuries. Absolutely none.

Pay has had his first choice to chose from for all 8 games.

Law of averages suggests that it is only a matter of time before we get injuries. Once we get injuries i dont even think we will be competitive.

Last night the Panthers were missing there hooker, halfback and probably there best player, winger, center and lost there starting full back only minutes into the game.

They were also missing 2 forwards.

That is simply unforgivable especially after leading 12-2.

In terms of comparison to last season, in terms of effort, energy there is not much difference to last season. Where the team has not improved one bit is in the smarts, IQ, between the ears.

I dont know what it is, but this team has zero smarts. It has not had smarts for a longtime.

Nothing has improved in this regard. They have had a whole off season.

TBH, i dont think we will win more than 5 games all year.
Umm. Tolman. Like him or not. He is in our squad and injured.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its weird because he showed he was willing to drop players in the first couple of games and now he refuses to do it. I don’t think bringing in ISP players are necessarily going to turn the season around and make us a top 8 team but it would make the players more accountable if they knew he’s will to drop them.
More accountability and inject some energy and youthful excitement around the deadwood

Basically our boys are so comfortable because they will never get dropped

Ps did Woods get hooked last 15?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it's been a bad start to the season.
It is obvious now that the team wasn't "training the house down" in the pre-season. If anything the pre-season seems to have been a miss given the obvious lack of fitness of the forwards and total lack of support play.

You want an immediate improvement, drop Lichaa!!

Get support runners in the game for fuck sake!!!
Surely they train for it.
These one off hit ups are just easy pickings for the defence.
How many times last night did Penrith get 4 players into the tackle and push our guy back 5 meters!!!
Get the forwards fit.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How fat is fololo ? He is slow and looks uncomfortable holding the ball. How have we come to this? Our cap must be horrific , this is worse than 08, no way out atm

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Time to face facts I guess, unless they are all willing to change an pay is willing to now take a risk an start experimenting with new players,new combos and throw a bit of Caution to the wind (because let’s face it, it’s all he has left) if not it will be Groundhog Day next week an the week after !
Time to bring in the side that beat the panthers in the trial as those boys will be hungry to get a taste of fg an will go out an be very enthusiastic. A couple of Back to back wins wouldn’t really surprise as they would kill for an opportunity on the big stage.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We lost the number forward in the game Tolman

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I never thought I would be more despondent watching the 'Dogs than I was in 2008... from a powerhouse to whipping boys

but we had had such a great team for 6-7 years, had been picked apart as a result of the cap, SBW, drop offs in form (eg. Sherwin) etc... it was understandable

and you knew that the pain would be short lived as a clean out was on the way and the club was in the process of a significant recruitment drive

but now, it is almost worse because it is hard to see how the club can turn this around
Exactly 2008 was always coming and it was for a year maximum, but this has been happening since 2013 and could be for a long time. 10 years of hell from Des I predict

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You know your going bad when the Sunday footy show doesnt even want to talk about how shit you are.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh wait they did. "Canterbury fams dont understand how bad their cap situation is.... It will take them three years to recover IF managed well."

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I can add to this is that Pay and the club need to accept this season is a write off and draw up a medium to long term plan on who they plan to retain from our current squad.

With this plan in place, they can begin their retention and recruitment for the 2019 and 2020 years and from that select the most appropriate players to play first grade. This may mean we cop some floggings but I would rather see some future prospects blooded this year rather than keep persisting with plodders that we are planning to offload anyway.

Unless.......Pay thinks Lichaa Hoppa Eastwood Montoya JMK Elliot etc are the future of this club and in that case we are fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.