Round 8 - Press Conference vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, he ain’t the one dropping balls on our 30 m line , we have the worst roster , no young talent coming through and a marquee player who hasn’t even played origin. This club is in deeper shit than we have been lead to believe and I reckon Bellamy would struggle to lift these flops .
No he isnt the one dropping the balls but penrith dropped balls as well and had to make major changes through injuries and they won. We do have players who can slot in they may not be world beaters but its better than what we have and if its not well we are losing anyway may as well try to unearth a possible new 1st grader cant remember last time we had one. Who knows they maybe another jt or barber there we will never know continuing on with this crap. Our season is dusted hate to say.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dusted alright , did you see the young forwards coming off there bench? Next to an origin prop.... dark days ahead, but will enjoy the glory more when the time comes.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where is he then? They kick he isn’t there, they make a break he isn’t there , we make a break he isn’t there , the guy is a myth that will never reach his potential at our club, he will leave one day and win a comp.
His involvement in the game for markee player is a joke for sure. Never seeing him chiming into the backline like most full backs. Maybe if he did to make that extra man especially with his speed we would have a lot more tries. Definetly dissappointing

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it Forans fault?

We have easily the worst bench in the NRL. Our impact hooker is Kerrod Holland. We are so fucked
I agree, I was willing to give Pay the whole year, but we play worse that last year

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dusted alright , did you see the young forwards coming off there bench? Next to an origin prop.... dark days ahead, but will enjoy the glory more when the time comes.
Our forwards this year have been inconsistant. One week great other week soft. For me Woods has made some major mistakes either dropping balls or giving penalties away leeding to tries against us. Another problem pay has but week after week no adjustments. Other coaches see a weakness and adjust. bellamy saw a weakness in his halfback they were losing games, he dropped him they havent lost a game since

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our forwards this year have been inconsistant. One week great other week soft. For me Woods has made some major mistakes either dropping balls or giving penalties away leeding to tries against us. Another problem pay has but week after week no adjustments. Other coaches see a weakness and adjust. bellamy saw a weakness in his halfback they were losing games, he dropped him they havent lost a game since
Mate he dropped a kid for an established FG player. Point me in the direction of our established FG players in the reggies. We don't have any. Pay dropped Frawley and brought JMK in. So the bloke he had all his faith in during pre-season got punted for a kid only signed up a few months ago. Now that's making a change. Woods is busting his arse out there you can see it. In fact he is trying too hard and that's why he is making errors. He feels like he has to do it all. He needs to just settle down and go back to what he is good at and it will all happen. In fact, most of them are doing the same thing. It is clear they are breaking down under stress and the problem is you can only see it in the game not at training.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacko in press conference replying to a question that Penrith our enthused the team. This needs to change we are developing a culture of no enthusiasm or willingness ‘never say die’ so when it comes to a close game our ‘culture’ of winning it is now dead.

Some changes I would make
Montoya needs a stint in ISP and just go back to basics and running hard
Foran needs to play on left edge with RFM and the Morris boys or be a primary first receiver directing around and handling the ball more
We need Nu Brown on the bench for versatility
As soon as Woolford is fit Lichaa needs to go back to ISP and learn to pass off the ground at speed
Woods needs to not think offload and take a run up at the defence
Klemmer needs to run off the back fence every hit up (ala storm at belmore watch Mark O’Meley highlights)
JMK needs to pass go to the line more and use the ball off Foran
MBye needs to follow forwards for offloads particularly RFM

I think RFM has been good playing big minutes. Also Josh Morris has had one of his strongest seasons in years
Brett looks a little tired (did he have limited pre season)
Foran is playing behind a beaten pack with slow service especially when we are 20m our and we look terrible with just forward hit ups in this area.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m actually not at all surprised with how we’re travelling - I went into this season with very fucking low expectations, I didn’t expect Top 8 or even close.

Our squad is a bottom 4 squad.

There’s no miracle here guys...
Knowing this and accepting it are 2 different things. Last night after loosing to a depleted average playing panthers its finally hit home. Ill still watch the games knowing we will come good again in a couple of years lol.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate he dropped a kid for an established FG player. Point me in the direction of our established FG players in the reggies. We don't have any. Pay dropped Frawley and brought JMK in. So the bloke he had all his faith in during pre-season got punted for a kid only signed up a few months ago. Now that's making a change. Woods is busting his arse out there you can see it. In fact he is trying too hard and that's why he is making errors. He feels like he has to do it all. He needs to just settle down and go back to what he is good at and it will all happen. In fact, most of them are doing the same thing. It is clear they are breaking down under stress and the problem is you can only see it in the game not at training.
All the more reason to give the others a go. This is not doing anyone any good. Player wellfare or team morale. There are players in isp that can step up. I would be happy to see a team play well even if they lose. We all want them to win but this aint going to happen like this

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Montoya is a reserve grade winger and nothing more. Montoya is not athletic like other wingers.
If you watch him, his body is stiff, he has no sway in his hips or side step like other wingers do.
Watch Addo-Carr, Vunivalu, Holmes...geez, even our Brett Morris how they run down the line and swerve back in and compare that with Montoya who runs and swerves back in without bending his knees....looks sooooo stiff and upright. Holland shits on him and we should put Nasheeds man crush back in the team (dear lord, can't believe I said that)!!

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Woods is trying , and I think has copped some harsh criticism for it , I think JMK is a great defender and should be on the bench , I think pay just doesn’t have faith in brown and Frawley so JMK stays at 5/8.
Our season is all but gone , he needs to test Cleeland and Lewis before going to Market.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods is trying , and I think has copped some harsh criticism for it , I think JMK is a great defender and should be on the bench , I think pay just doesn’t have faith in brown and Frawley so JMK stays at 5/8.
Our season is all but gone , he needs to test Cleeland and Lewis before going to Market.
You can see woods is trying his mistakes are there. We need to give other players a go we dont know till they have a crack, Lewis good defender. Think he would give it all. Changes should off been made weeks ago. Unfortunately think we will see the same team.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only positive from all this crap is nothing really lol... pay looks like someone bashed him over the head with a sledge hammer and he looks lost as hell. Cmon mate your the fuken coach, DOGS OF WAR remember? Get some fuken balls, fire up and show some anger. Rip into the players publicly and get something out of them for fucks sake.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can see woods is trying his mistakes are there. We need to give other players a go we dont know till they have a crack, Lewis good defender. Think he would give it all. Changes should off been made weeks ago. Unfortunately think we will see the same team.
If we do see the same team then I’m done with pay. Don’t care if it’s 9 games in. His record is the worst record to a start for the dogs in 100 years. (Exaggeration). You could fuken slap a nsw cup side and get better results. People sticking up for this pathetic excuse of a coach can’t see the Writting on the wall. Seems like his half time speeches get the team to play worse

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
True thats the main point they made adjustments to counter our attack we dont. There coach sees there weakness and adjusts we dont. Unfortunately ths will go on for the rest of the season
It’s almost like Pay has a set plan and will not alter it despite what unfolds....otherwise he would have pushed JMK to Hooker maybe Holland to float at 6

When the opposition line speed is that quick then Lichaa 5 second service won’t help

Depth in attack would have helped too

Pay has demonstrated this far that he is incapable of making key game adjustments in real time

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NSW Cup is televised today and I’m keen to see how these prospective players respond to the shit some players in FG dished up

Put ya hands up boys

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is it Forans fault?

We have easily the worst bench in the NRL. Our impact hooker is Kerrod Holland. We are so fucked
He’s not even a hooker and still looked better than lichaa

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I repeat again...
What have we got to loose ?
Our salvation is this spine
1 Mbye
6 Foran
7 Frawley
9 JMK
14 Lichaa
Otherwise we are wasting our time !!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Press conference lol...

May as well not even be there. The media on top of results.. it’s harsh at the top!!

Pay looks like a defeated man.

Status
Not open for further replies.