Question for Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As I have said few times , I am not going to judge pay this year but after watching 8 games , geez I am frustrated as hell watching us getting owned both attack and in defence.

I want to ask Pay a simple question:

Why our forwards including our 2 Australian reps, don't run straight and hard like other no names forwards do for the other team, like RFM does (most of the times). I have not seen our forwards bend the line like since 2004. I am simply getting sick of us getting absolutely smashed both in attack and in defence. I am so sick of it that I just don't want to watch the game any more.

I don't care about losing the game, but atleast give me something to watch. Pay you were brought to get the best out of existing team, get the fucken bulldog culture into the, and I am not expecting miracles, but fuck I am seeing our forwards turning worse.

And don't start my on Flololol who was getting smashed and going backwards every tackle in that second half.

I will need therapy if I continue to watch this shit.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay was a risk that has backfired. I’ve liked our forwards the last 2 games but our bench are fuken hopeless. As soon as Woods and Klemmer came off we got bent backwards hard and never recovered. Yes woods can be slow and fat and lazy but you can tell his trying. Klemmer is playing for stats but still has tried hard. Defence up the guts has gotten better since the first 2 games but our attack as gotten worse.

Foran 4 try Assists in 8 rounds. Someone please pull up top notch halves stats and tell me how he compares to others. People will know my hate for Foran by now. He was supposed to be our answer to our attack but we are deadset worse

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay was a risk that has backfired. I’ve liked our forwards the last 2 games but our bench are fuken hopeless. As soon as Woods and Klemmer came off we got bent backwards hard and never recovered. Yes woods can be slow and fat and lazy but you can tell his trying. Klemmer is playing for stats but still has tried hard. Defence up the guts has gotten better since the first 2 games but our attack as gotten worse.

Foran 4 try Assists in 8 rounds. Someone please pull up top notch halves stats and tell me how he compares to others. People will know my hate for Foran by now. He was supposed to be our answer to our attack but we are deadset worse

Klemmer is not even remotely tried hard, his heart is not there you can see it every week.

Campbell Gillard was running 100 miles an hour from minute zero to minute 80 , both in attack and in defence.

How many times I noticed klemmer running with the ball (if you call it running) and then slowing down just before he hits the defensive line.

What the fuck is he slowing down for ? no wonder he never bends the line backwards any more.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer is not even remotely tried hard, his heart is not there you can see it every week.

Campbell Gillard was running 100 miles an hour from minute zero to minute 80 , both in attack and in defence.

How many times I noticed klemmer running with the ball (if you call it running) and then slowing down just before he hits the defensive line.

What the fuck is he slowing down for ? no wonder he never bends the line backwards any more.
Yea I get what yours saying... just trying to put some sort of positives as it’s depressing as it is. Klemmer hasn’t been the same for the last 2-3 years and I still don’t know how he makes origin. I swear if I had his size and build I’d run through brick walls. The guy has dead set gone soft and forgot how to offload.

Don’t you miss those nice little offloads and making half breaks scoring length of the fields trys... wow forgotten what that is

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Protecting himself for SOO

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea I get what yours saying... just trying to put some sort of positives as it’s depressing as it is. Klemmer hasn’t been the same for the last 2-3 years and I still don’t know how he makes origin. I swear if I had his size and build I’d run through brick walls. The guy has dead set gone soft and forgot how to offload.

Don’t you miss those nice little offloads and making half breaks scoring length of the fields trys... wow forgotten what that is

mate I was getting depressed tonight just watching how every single no-name forward was steaming in and bending our lines and then our super heros, rep forwards were making errors and getting owned by players 1/5th of their annual wages.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mate I was getting depressed tonight just watching how every single no-name forward was steaming in and bending our lines and then our super heros, rep forwards were making errors and getting owned by players 1/5th of their annual wages.
Yea hasn’t that been constantly occurring these days? Load of crap they ain’t rep forwards they are pretenders. The only thing that makes me question this is the fact could our outside backs make our forwards look that bad? Like do they just not create anything and a lot of blame gets pushed onto our forwards? Just don’t know anymore a lot is wrong about our dogs :(

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ummmmm...... RFM never runs straight and hard, he runs sideways and steps into the defence.
now you have mentioned it , its true, but he still has the most impact amongst all our forwards.

I still think he runs with way more mongrel than the other ***** we have.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay can’t do anymore than he’s done. You can give him as long as you like an expect to see change, question is..

When and how does that come?? I would love to know.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay can’t do anymore than he’s done. You can give him as long as you like an expect to see change, question is..

When and how does that come?? I would love to know.
A good coach can turn around a roster especially with names we have Cleary doing it now Hasler in 2012

I think pay is a dud , should of gone dymock with the gamble

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thank fk he didn’t say in his presser ‘we are improving ‘

Finally he looked frustrated and in so many words admitted issues in taking opportunities ie attack

He also stated our lines speed shit and couldn’t match Panthers

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ummmmm...... RFM never runs straight and hard, he runs sideways and steps into the defence.
How many try assists has he had? Supposed to be our ball playing edge forward but outside him are starving for good ball.Even Jacko had 2 try assists and he isn’t a ball player !!

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Attack 20m out from the line should have some structure.
Players need to run lines, and play their role in putting the defence in 2 minds to create space. There SOULD be variations on plays which have the same formations as well to confuse the defence.

We throw nothing at the defence in the 20m zone, and haven’t since the 2012 GF.
The coaching of our team in this regard has been, and continues to be diabolical.

I do not expect us to score on the occasions we make it into the opposition 20.

2 tries in 4 halves of football.....please!

Go watch some video of teams that CAN attack with variety and replicate it Delano!
Sure you don’t have the cattle that they do, but FFS if you can pull it off half as well as they do, we’ll create more than the mindless moronic one out for 5 tackles shit we’re dishing up now.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't bag the coach yet. But its time to fix some basics. And that doesn't mean doing nothing to complete the sets. One out barging is not going to win games even if you complete sets 100%. By basics I suggest first and foremost, moving forward quickly in a line in defence and tackling with impact. Make the benchmark the advantage line. This standing still and waiting for the attacker to run up is ridiculous. And even worse, more times than not the dogs line in defence is moving backwards. Last night I saw defenders turn their backs and start running backwards in front of the Penrith attacking players. They weren't chasing a player who made a break, the Penrith attacker was allowed to follow the retreating dogs up the field! In attack get the forwards out of the way of the outside backs. Last night attacking movements broke down because a forward got in the way.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM running straight? He ran 100m sideways tonight. Our bench is an absolute joke and will stay that way until 2020 the earliest

Status
Not open for further replies.