How can I stop supporting the dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We shouldn’t feel sorry for ourselves. .
Especially those who lived and supported the club through the glory years.
It's the kids who support the club now those 8 to 14 year olds whos passion is rugby league and Canterbury.
That's who the club should be most concerned about.
When I was a kid I loved all the Canterbury players. Never would I be think "drop him he is hopeless" but then again back then two losses in a row was rare.
All we can do is stick with it boys, hope the club comes out the other end stronger and wiser.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
same boat but seemed to have managed to detach myself a bit ddnt watch the game for the first time and bet on the panthers -5.5 when i usually just bet on dogs

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Come and support the mighty eels like many other dogs fans who make the switch.
Apparently last year there was 109 defectors from the dogs fan base to the eels last year, by all reports they are much happier now.
No thanks, we have been shit for a couple of years, you guys have been shit for 30+ years.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i turned the tele off at half time and went to bed, thats how bad they are playing . to be honest i wouldnt care if we were losing but at least improving in attack but we play the same shit ball as soon as they panic or get behind its back to boring predictable footy this years gone for my liking but with the people off contract this year hopfully they move some players on and get some new faces

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You have two options:

1) Die

2) Stop watching rugby league

Im leaning toward the 2nd option. I still enjoy watching Tigers and Warriors play. Heck, I even cheered on the Knights the other day. But as long as I'm watching NRL then I'm watching the Dogs. And that heart sinking feeling I get every game is just making me want to stop watching NRL altogether..

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My suggestion is to pick one thing. One thng only and look for improvement. My one thing is moving up in defence and holding the opposition at the advantage line. Defend that advantage line as if it were a horde about to invade your home. Just that one thing. No standing still or worse -moving backwards in defence. I wont care if an opponent breaks through. But I won't cop players moving backwards before the ball carrier has even arrived.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We bought drift wood again seriously foran come on the bloke is broken just look at him
The whole team is reserve grade except
Jmoz
Bmoz
Klem
Mbye
Jacko
Woods
Fmm

Start rebuilding pay let young blood have a crack our forwards are slow useless and backs aren't much better we have 000000
Attack defense is little better gonna take years to rebuild ok.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Years of rebuilding son get use to it bulldogs fans rebuilding takes years to recover after a hit we took 4 the last several years we are
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE
SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
IT IS

Crosscut

Waterboy
Reaction score
Don't give up on them.. Please !! Ive been following the Dogs since the late 50s ( I'm 65) Played with Peponis for a season as youngsters. This is a frustrating season but I live in hope. What else do we have? The roster is not a good one. The halves are : Foran--slow and predictable, JMK --green and overwhelmed by first grade. Lichaa --nuff said by other angry supporters . The crucial mistakes that let in tries were when they were caught short-- 3 against 5--. no communication there !! They didn't smother the ball enough and let the Panthers forwards offload. As a footnote-- Maloney said when interviewed by Freddy "that we'll slow the play the balls down". I know you can't hang someone on intent, but surely this is cheating? A direct tactic which is against there rules of the league. Please discuss?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its now a rebuilding game for bulldogs for the next few years after des fucked our club get used to it everyone half our team are not up to first grade standards wooden spoon can taste it now guys.
Rebuilding involves building materials and a builder. Oh and Money.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of us who watched the Berries get thumped week in week out in the early to mid 60s, we at least had les Johns to marvel at. Then came the revolution in the late 60s. It's time again to build the culture, when the Berries morphed into the Bulldogs.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Come and support the mighty eels like many other dogs fans who make the switch.
Apparently last year there was 109 defectors from the dogs fan base to the eels last year, by all reports they are much happier now.
That's what happens when you offer pet membership. I'm sure they are all fighting over the bones of a crap team at Parra.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those of us who watched the Berries get thumped week in week out in the early to mid 60s, we at least had les Johns to marvel at. Then came the revolution in the late 60s. It's time again to build the culture, when the Berries morphed into the Bulldogs.
I remember those days, when we had forwards like Merv Hicks and goal kickers like George Taylforth. Les Johns was a standout fullback - intelligent and quick. One of a kind.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't give up on them.. Please !! Ive been following the Dogs since the late 50s ( I'm 65) Played with Peponis for a season as youngsters. This is a frustrating season but I live in hope. What else do we have? The roster is not a good one. The halves are : Foran--slow and predictable, JMK --green and overwhelmed by first grade. Lichaa --nuff said by other angry supporters . The crucial mistakes that let in tries were when they were caught short-- 3 against 5--. no communication there !! They didn't smother the ball enough and let the Panthers forwards offload. As a footnote-- Maloney said when interviewed by Freddy "that we'll slow the play the balls down". I know you can't hang someone on intent, but surely this is cheating? A direct tactic which is against there rules of the league. Please discuss?
Notice how many times we are caught holding down and you'd have to call us cheats as well. Anything you get away with is legal.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks, we have been shit for a couple of years, you guys have been shit for 30+ years.
Atm the bulldogs are Dustin Hoffman in Rainman... if you go to the eels you are becoming Sean Penn In I am Sam.. never go full retard

We got more premierships then you guys

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why stop this year? If you had the brains you would stopped supporting the club properly like I did in 2013 when we had Josh Reynolds as our option.

Status
Not open for further replies.