Round 8 - Press Conference vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/04/27/round-eight-press-conference/

Pay: "Missed out on a couple of opportunites, just can't crack those opportunities and take them."

Reporter: "Is it a concern for you, as in the past few weeks you've mentioned being unable to take that opportunities in close game?"
Pay: "Yeah, Yeah it is an issue"

Doesn't have a clue.... completely lost out there.

Bring in McGuire and sit him next to Pay until he can take the training wheels off.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate, he ain’t the one dropping balls on our 30 m line , we have the worst roster , no young talent coming through and a marquee player who hasn’t even played origin. This club is in deeper shit than we have been lead to believe and I reckon Bellamy would struggle to lift these flops .

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I try not to watch our press conferences anymore. But I thought this week we did look dangerous with the ball for a lot of the game. But sadly when sides start throwing anything at us we are without heart and fold. Our team has gone from having three or four players that pull the inspiring stuff out of their bag of tricks down to one or two. I hate that for the first time ever I see our side losing before games are out of reach.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I try not to watch our press conferences anymore. But I thought this week we did look dangerous with the ball for a lot of the game. But sadly when sides start throwing anything at us we are without heart and fold. Our team has gone from having three or four players that pull the inspiring stuff out of their bag of tricks down to one or two. I hate that for the first time ever I see our side losing before games are out of reach.
We scored tries when their left edge was in disarray

As soon as they made adjustments we struggled

Felt like they had relentless linespeed from the 1st to 80th minute

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/04/27/round-eight-press-conference/

Pay: "Missed out on a couple of opportunites, just can't crack those opportunities and take them."

Reporter: "Is it a concern for you, as in the past few weeks you've mentioned being unable to take that opportunities in close game?"
Pay: "Yeah, Yeah it is an issue"

Doesn't have a clue.... completely lost out there.

Bring in McGuire and sit him next to Pay until he can take the training wheels off.
I'm surprised he didn't saying, "ummm... Ahh... Under the radar"

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why was the double movement try allowed??...they also got gifted penalties to kick from close by...we could have won that game with a bit of luck but sadly thats where we are at...low ability and no luck

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really can't get a read on our defence. In the games we seem to be defensive world beaters, we can't seem to score points ourselves. In the games we score points, the opposition always seem to always be able to outscore us. I just can't get a read at all!

Why was the double movement try allowed??...they also got gifted penalties to kick from close by...we could have won that game with a bit of luck but sadly thats where we are at...low ability and no luck
Definitely not a double movement.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Mate, he ain’t the one dropping balls on our 30 m line , we have the worst roster , no young talent coming through and a marquee player who hasn’t even played origin. This club is in deeper shit than we have been lead to believe and I reckon Bellamy would struggle to lift these flops .
Who is the marquee player?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly what I said in another thread... as soon as they went solid we never looked like scoring. We are lost and confused and 1/3 into the season that spells disaster and wooden spoon written all over us

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any coach would struggle with our roster & he cant rock up to press conference and say what I am saying below. My only negatie judgement on Pay is if he does not drop players. Would rather us give everyone a shot to work out who stays for future years. That is all this year is about....working out the future.

1. Mbye - Another failed position & getting $800k a year for it. Never pushes up. Ever!!!
2. Montoya - I see a lot of people saying he is good. I think he is good at letting opposition score tries and turning over possession.
3. Jmoz - Tries hard and would be a rolls royce if he had a decent team around him. Father time is not just knocking on the door it is trying to kick it in.
4. Hoppa - Plays within himself to earn his dough and is more interested in his off field religious activities.
5. Bmoz - Exact same position as his brother. Cant wait 3 years for the team around him to be rebuilt.
6. JMK - Thrown in the deep end and has drowned.
7. Foran - If the other members of the spine were even remotely competent in their positions he would go a lot better.
8. Woods - Good in his position and one of the few players who you could picture playing for us in 2021.
9. Lichaa - Useless. End of story. Just cant believe we let Ennis & Cook go for this piece of shit.
10. Klemmer -Good in his position and one of the few players who you could picture playing for us in 2021.
11. Jackson - Good player but not an edge forward. Best position is lock.
12. RFM - Only edge forward we have in the entire club.
13. Elliott - Useless. End of story.

Fine - Shows some promise but is small
Eastwood - Not a modern day player. Has no fitness for pace of game.
Fualalo - absolute plod.
Holland - Injury backup at best. Should never be in the 17 otherwise.

Tolman - Another we resigned when we shouldn't have. He is a competent player but not a match winner. Need him back in 1st grade though to tighten defense.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any coach would struggle with our roster & he cant rock up to press conference and say what I am saying below. My only negatie judgement on Pay is if he does not drop players. Would rather us give everyone a shot to work out who stays for future years. That is all this year is about....working out the future.

1. Mbye - Another failed position & getting $800k a year for it. Never pushes up. Ever!!!
2. Montoya - I see a lot of people saying he is good. I think he is good at letting opposition score tries and turning over possession.
3. Jmoz - Tries hard and would be a rolls royce if he had a decent team around him. Father time is not just knocking on the door it is trying to kick it in.
4. Hoppa - Plays within himself to earn his dough and is more interested in his off field religious activities.
5. Bmoz - Exact same position as his brother. Cant wait 3 years for the team around him to be rebuilt.
7. Foran - If the other members of the spine were even remotely competent in their positions he would go a lot better.
8. Woods - Good in his position and one of the few players who you could picture playing for us in 2021.
9. Lichaa - Useless. End of story. Just cant believe we let Ennis & Cook go for this piece of shit.
10. Klemmer -Good in his position and one of the few players who you could picture playing for us in 2021.

Fualalo - absolute plod.

Tolman - Another we resigned when we shouldn't have. He is a competent player but not a match winner. Need him back in 1st grade though to tighten defense.
Spot on post mate, did you see the Morris boys look at each other when RFM dropped the ball in the last 10, says it all

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This.... THIS is the best response to last night and our entire season thus far. Every player analysis is BANG ON! Even agree and was going to log in to say something similar re Tolman. We need him and his 80 mins of tightening defense up, even though he is on overs and we need to upgrade on him, this current team needs him.
Morris boys - perfectly summed up. Kills me because I rate them still but they won’t have time to see this rebuild.

Fucking Hasler Dib and Castle!!! Cost us Graham, Finucane, Rona, Cook.
Fucking Cleal!!! Cost us Munster and Mitchell and who knows who else this **** missed at carnivals whilst he had his eyes fixed squarely on his meat pies

Pay, I’m sure could be a good coach, but this club doesn’t have the time or the roster to fuck around with a rookie anymore. We’re not the Roosters where they can bring in a myth like Robinson who walks into a star studded roster.

It was clear at the time we MISSED THE BOAT BADLY FUCKING AROUND when Cleary was available - thanks Dib!

Ps - the new board are a bunch of self interest robbers also.

This club is breaking , no, has broken my heart.

Fualalo - absolute plod.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on post mate, did you see the Morris boys look at each other when RFM dropped the ball in the last 10, says it all
I noticed that. Imagine being the players they are/were and watching that. RFM I don’t blame so much, he had a bad night, but the Elliot’s, fualou’s etc...

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our superstar and fox sports regular MBYE. 900k next year , hardly touched the ball last night. One thing barba did well was save tries , MBYE hasn’t come close.
Mbye is slowly getting more disappointing every game. HE literally is never in support. No inside ball positioning. No speed. We know he can do better

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

Fualalo - absolute plod.

You lost me at Woods.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

True thats the main point they made adjustments to counter our attack we dont. There coach sees there weakness and adjusts we dont. Unfortunately ths will go on for the rest of the season

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mbye is slowly getting more disappointing every game. HE literally is never in support. No inside ball positioning. No speed. We know he can do better
Where is he then? They kick he isn’t there, they make a break he isn’t there , we make a break he isn’t there , the guy is a myth that will never reach his potential at our club, he will leave one day and win a comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.