Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t think our roster is as bad as what some are suggesting . Some players are simple6 not playing to their potential, not putting.
Some of Pays selections and game management choices are very questionable.
It is early days , and I may be in the minority but right now I think we are underachieving with the roster we have .
A few tweaks here and there and we can solve some of the problem. A good start would be to permanently fuck off Lichaa . Try pairing Foran with another half and drop some of our plodder forwards who aren’t performing.
Our roster is horrible , Montoya is terrible and small , bmoz tries but his body has had it , jmoz has been one of our best but is past it , hoppa is the most useless non threatening centre I’ve seen ... jmk yeahnsw cup , fualalo, fine , elliit , Eastwood , Lichaa wouldn’t get a go at any other club

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our right flank keeps coming up, Turnstyle Montoya and hoppa to work on their lateral shift speed and shut down those tries out there, Montoya to bulk like Haz.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deano is not the player on the field. There are some mightily poor players in the team that will take time to weed out because of Hasler's poor judgement. In Hasler's defence he came close twice but in reality in both grand finals the dogs were never on top. The real problem is the team's defence. When will Deano sack the players who move backwards in defence. Last night some even turned their backs on the opposition and started running back to their own try line. What is happening here. Move forward and tackle with impact. drive the opposition backwards. More often than not the dogs are hugging and not tackling. The emabarrasment of three or even four "tacklers" walking backwards with the attacker offloading to a support. And show some passion. Half the team stand still and watch attackers run around them. In attack they will have to start playing as a team and not as a bunch of individuals. And the dogs don't look fit enough. A few bike rides to Goulburn and back for the non-performers night wake up their attitude. Perhaps Baa could have a word in Dean's ear about the effect of that Billy Johnstone treatment.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean picks the squad and the buck does stop with him. Lichaa Woods Elliott Hoppa Montoya could all use a spell in reserve grade. They need to earn their positions.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay is fucking clueless, the ***** playing Holland at hooker for fucks sake. He's terrible, no need to waste anymore time on him. Never wanted him and he's done nothing to change my opinion.
Who do we bring in?

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
its a shit roster. Not the worst. We should be competing a lot more than we are....

Ffs look at the tigers!
Tigers have a balanced team , some older toughness bought in , mixed with young talent and veteran players , our roster is shit , but Moreso mentally scarred from hasler, will take most of the year to get that style out of theirs heads.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should have always appointed Jimmy Dymock. too late now

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think our roster is as bad as what some are suggesting . Some players are simple6 not playing to their potential, not putting.
Some of Pays selections and game management choices are very questionable.
It is early days , and I may be in the minority but right now I think we are underachieving with the roster we have .
A few tweaks here and there and we can solve some of the problem. A good start would be to permanently fuck off Lichaa . Try pairing Foran with another half and drop some of our plodder forwards who aren’t performing.
You are spot on.
Our roster is not that bad.
The team is underperforming big time.

1. Lichaa can tackle but that's it. We need much better service from dummy half.

2. Our forwards are just not fit enought.
Almost every game they run out of puff in the 2nd half. Get dominated give up heaps of meters and start dropping the ball.
In most games we have no field position in the 2nd half and as a result very few opportunities to score.

3. JMK? We need more in attack, move him to 9 or to 17. Heaps of potential and he is fast.

4. Please Dean for fuck sake coach them in support play.
These one off hit ups by the forwards!! Fuck at least get someone running up beside so as to make the defence think there is at least the possibility they may get a pass away.
How many times last night did a one off hit up result in 4 penrith players in the tackle and our guy being pushed back 5 meters.

Having said all that, we are not far off winning these games.
Lichaa out of 9 may be a good start?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
The idea of blaming Hasler is a cop out for Pay being unable to coach, and not having the answers.

We've got a half with potential languishing at centre in NSW Cup.
We've got a centre/winger/fullback as a utility on the bench.
We've got inconsistency galore across the side.
We've got no pressure from NSW players to push for promotion.
If that’s your opinion, here’s mine. Blame your mate dib who employed pay and the rest of the duds he has employed in his time at the club.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is fucking clueless, the ***** playing Holland at hooker for fucks sake. He's terrible, no need to waste anymore time on him. Never wanted him and he's done nothing to change my opinion.
Totally agree.... he tried it a few times now and it hasn’t worked like what don’t you get you dumb shit... sorry I don’t accept give pay time, yea Newcastle gave brown 3 years but he literally had a nsw cup side playing. We have internationals and million dollar signings. There’s no excuse what so ever for pay to be travelling this bad. Right now if dogs came out and said they are giving him the flick I wouldn’t mind one bit

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
King Georgallis.
Is he not the assistant? He must have a part in the current state. Pay looks like he ready for a breakdown poor bloke, we might have a new coach sooner than expected.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The idea of blaming Hasler is a cop out for Pay being unable to coach, and not having the answers.

We've got a half with potential languishing at centre in NSW Cup.
We've got a centre/winger/fullback as a utility on the bench.
We've got inconsistency galore across the side.
We've got no pressure from NSW players to push for promotion.
Yep and people still say pay got given this side. There is more to it then just that. As I mentioned before our side is more then capable of winning most games against most sides. We don’t have a crap team we have crap management and coaching. His interchanges are as bad as des and his bench selection is questionable. Seems like pay is lost and I reckon a big part of our failure was jimmy dymock leaving the club. Say what you want but when players and staff who bleed blue and white get the flick it’s not a good vibe to the current playin squad

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have been rebuilding for the passed 5 years ffs how long do they want 20 years ??? It’s looking that way

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Quit blaming the fucking roster. Penrith were missing 10/30 players and they still shat on us. We only scored due to them being unorganised after their fullback, D.Edwards, was injured. After they fixed themselves up we never looked like scoring.

Pay has blokes playing out of position not filling their potential. He wasted the offseason attack training by dumping frawley early. He is not using brown.

Bring In To'omaga and brown, drop Lichaa and Woods. Dont waste a bench spot on holland.

Put Frawley back into 6 (yeh I get it, yous dont like him but its better than what we showed last night). We need frawley back, because ATM Mbye is playing as a halfback most of the game. We need frawley in so Mbye can actually be a fullback.

Put Brown or JMK in 9, could interchange them. I would prefer JMK in 9 and have a strong impact bench with To'omaga and Okunbur on there. For those bagging JMK, look at his 1 on 1 tackle on RCG that saved a try.

Maybe bring Olive in, the hoppa/montoya defence is not great, but I liked their attack last night in the few bits where they made movement.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Totally agree.... he tried it a few times now and it hasn’t worked like what don’t you get you dumb shit... sorry I don’t accept give pay time, yea Newcastle gave brown 3 years but he literally had a nsw cup side playing. We have internationals and million dollar signings. There’s no excuse what so ever for pay to be travelling this bad. Right now if dogs came out and said they are giving him the flick I wouldn’t mind one bit
Yes, that's why i just can't get behind Pay. People on here before the season had us easily in the 8, now they're acting like we have worst roster in NRL history lol. People's opinions on here sway in an instant. It's obviously not the best roster, but it's capable of being a lot better than what Pay is getting out of it.

Pay just isn't getting the job done, Hasler and our roster can only be used as an excuse for so much, but for me there's just way too many negatives and not near enough positives to make me think he has much of a clue. At the end of the day, Pay was the Raiders defensive coach and that says it all really.

Status
Not open for further replies.