Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey Bulldogz82 I remeber playing St George Dragons back in the 60s they had rooster gerseys if i remember rightly i actually played for St Johns and Brothers when Lakemba was still in A.ustralia
Pretty sure Lakemba is still in Australia. Where do you think it is?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bulldogz82 I remeber playing St George Dragons back in the 60s they had rooster gerseys if i remember rightly i actually played for St Johns and Brothers when Lakemba was still in A.ustralia
Yeah still the same jersey mate it's a very successful club but I can't understand the jersey, it's basically a roosters jersey with a bulldog emblem and team is St George dragons lol go figure I do remember brothers as well, they folded some years back

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We're going to smash Penrith 24 - 4. 1 try and 10 penalty goals.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to be honest and say it is well run. Under 6's get a "fair chance" IE it's play on if the knock on or forward pass, once per set. The 2 coaches actually ref on the field.

Plus they have time keepers and one official spectating.

PS and they play the ball correctly, better than some Dogs players lol
Lol sounds similar to the dogs comp, only issue I have with the dogs officials is there is no leeway with certain things eg last wk a few of my kids didn't have there nails cut so my trainer started cutting them meanwhile the game had started and kids asked for some water after a try so I ran on a couple bottles but got kicked off by the ref as I was the coach not the trainer. That's pathetic imo,7 year old kids wanting water and being denied by technical bullshit

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We will get wiped. We got lucky last time

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Moses Mbye
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. John Olive
5. William Hopoate
6. Kieran Foran
7. Matt Frawley
8. Aaron Woods
9. JMK
10. David Klemmer
11. Rhyse Martin
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Josh Jackson

14. Asipeli Fine
15. Danny Fualalo
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Nu Brown

Give that team a run for 2-3 weeks. Can fine tune the team after that.
I would teplace Frawley with Lewis and Eastwood with To'omaga and that my friend is a gun team.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dogs should never have lost the Souths game and should have beaten the Roosters easily. That said, I see improvement in the side. Much more improvement admittedly needed. First fix the right side in defence and make it known that under no circumstances can they start moving backwards. Secondly stand deeper in attack and make everyone move forward looking as if they will get the ball, because that keeps the opposition spread. Thirdly, AGGRESSION - start hitting hard in defence and at least one player go in low. Lastly get rid of too many one out barges by the forwards without any attempt to unl0ad the ball.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dogs should never have lost the Souths game and should have beaten the Roosters easily. That said, I see improvement in the side. Much more improvement admittedly needed. First fix the right side in defence and make it known that under no circumstances can they start moving backwards. Secondly stand deeper in attack and make everyone move forward looking as if they will get the ball, because that keeps the opposition spread. Thirdly, AGGRESSION - start hitting hard in defence and at least one player go in low. Lastly get rid of too many one out barges by the forwards without any attempt to unl0ad the ball.
Fuck off dean we know it’s you.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not happy with Dean’s pre game interview - he seems happy with a ‘good performance’ - no mate we need to win ! No passion no accountability !

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To’Omaga and frawley first to drop off. Bit pissed, was secretly hoping To’Omaga would get a run instead of the hopless Holland. Panthers have far more firepower in there forward pack. Our bench forwards are tiny and get bent over every week

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay needs to grow a set of balls, Olive needs a run over Hoppa, To'omaga over Fualalo.

I know Montoya hasn't played all too well but I'd still rather him over Floppa.

1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Olive
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Woods
9. JMK
10. Klemmer
11. Fine
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. To'omaga
15. Eastwood
16. Ogden
17. Brown

I think Frawley would also improve us but I just think that Lewis is made for first grade, he isn't the biggest bloke but is as tough as they come and would inject so much creativity in the side. I think we are better sticking with Montoya over Hopoate and JMK should get a run at hooker. Fine has some decent footwork and speed and could be nice on the edge with Jackson finally being moved to lock. To'omaga and Ogden are both players with high potential and we have nothing else to lose so might as well give them a crack.
Frawley is not up to ISP standard changed momentum in one set in favour of Newtown simple dropped ball whilst attacking easy one on one miss from scrum on Aaron Gray then a penalty on 4th tackle which led to a try. Should never play NRL again. Not up to it. JMK and Lewis better options

Reactions: DT

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Problem is Lichaa can’t do all these things you speak of at first grade standard, nor does he provide a kicking option. Why not try someone who is daring enough to attempt passing the ball off the ground and out in front of the receiver?. We got Nu Brown and JMK as hooker/utility players when Lichaa was looking goneskis. We should at least try them in rotation with the bench player coming on 5-10 minutes before half time. It’s a pretty standard tactic.
So you want 2players plus a bench player to do what? I may have misread what u meant but surely not 3players to replace Lichaa

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least foran and JMk can tackle. Watching Adam Reynolds and he is fucking useless, he is an arm grabber too affraid to get in there

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Should be a high scoring game. I predict we will win 116-44.

Status
Not open for further replies.