Kennel Established
Reaction score
To all those people who are in the know of things
Just one question
Are we even looking at signing anyone ?
This year
Or next year

Other than rumours dogs have to be the least aggressive in player market
Because they have very little money to play with thanks to Des and Co.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger is our man boys. This kid has the goods. He will be a halfback for the next 10 years. He was picked every year ahead of Nathan Cleary in all rep sides growing up. He played great last week vs tigers. His a traditional halfback. It will allow Foran to move to 5/8.

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
Cogger is our man boys. This kid has the goods. He will be a halfback for the next 10 years. He was picked every year ahead of Nathan Cleary in all rep sides growing up. He played great last week vs tigers. His a traditional halfback. It will allow Foran to move to 5/8.
Initials are J.C. He will be a god

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's not His.....

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DT Article on Cogger:

Knights will rally around new halfback Jack Cogger following Mitchell Pearce injury
APRIL 24, 2018YOU gotta have faith. That’s the message going out to Knights players as Jack Cogger steps in to replace Mitchell Pearce.

Coach Nathan Brown has delivered a directive to his players that nothing changes with Pearce out and Cogger — who plays just his 10th first grade game this Friday against Manly — must receive the same respect as 245-game veteran Pearce.

We need Jack to be dominant but we also need the team to pay Jack the same respect that they pay Mitchell and if Jack wants the ball he should get the ball as did Mitchell when he wanted the ball, Brown said.

The big key is when you're going into games you've got to have faith and confidence that you can do well. I'd like to think that the players can put the confidence in Coggs.

Cogger has been named at halfback this week.

Coggs has been training now for three years probably for this day. He's played the past couple of years when he wasn't ready. I believe he is ready now.

His opportunity to play halfback has come through some misfortune for the club and Mitchell but Jack's been working for three years with us now and his time has come to be a bit more of a dominant player and we need to put the faith in him.

After a solid performance in his call-up to first grade last week against the Tigers, teammates are confident Cogger can take control of the team.

Cogger is known to be a player who is meticulous in his preparation, which is why Knights centre Nathan Ross is certain he's up for the job.

BITE: Lawrence returns for Tigers

DON'T CHANGE: Bunnies want same old Burgess

His nickname is Business because he's just down to business all the time. He's very methodical in everything that he does, he's perfect, he said.

I know he's going to prepare right and he'll come into this game and the whole team will have a lot of faith in what he does, he's played halfback his whole life.

The team will be buoyed by the return from injury of Connor Watson, who comes in to partner Cogger in the halves.

Watson completed a tough session on Tuesday and showed no signs of trouble from the shoulder he injured in round three against the Roosters.

Brown said Watson will slot in well at five-eighth role alongside Cogger, who will be taking on the dominant role.

Connor was probably fit to play last week but we thought its best to give him another week, Brown said.

Connor's keen and hungry and tough and he'll bring plenty of commitment and plenty of speed to our team.

Connor is playing where he sort of trained all year and Coggs is pretty adaptable.... but Coggs is probably going to have to assume a little bit more responsibility than probably what he did last week.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool your jets.

He did nothing wrong against the tigers but wasn't dynamic by any stretch. Looked good defensively but didn't impact the game offensively.

Still very young so plenty of time... but its absolutely way to early to be popping off and annointing him.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool your jets.

He did nothing wrong against the tigers but wasn't dynamic by any stretch. Looked good defensively but didn't impact the game offensively.

Still very young so plenty of time... but its absolutely way to early to be popping off and annointing him.
Did you watch the game?

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did you watch the game?
This aligns nicely for us next year. Genuine halfbacks are a rare commodity at the top level. I was coached by his old man in the mid 90’s and he was very impressive. If Jack gets his game tweaked this year and another off season under his belt we could end up with a James Maloney style halfback. Hopefully Dogs fans show some patience.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Great opportunity for Cogger and us. Instead of him easing into the role next year with us he will do it at Newcastle and come ready to go. I for one will be watching Newcastle games with interest to see how he goes. Love his nickname of "business" and his ability to be methodical. Played halfback all his life etc etc......geez we need a career halfback who is young, ready and talented. Hope this kid is him, goodluck Cogger. Who made this signing out of interest, Hasler and co or Dean?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great opportunity for Cogger and us. Instead of him easing into the role next year with us he will do it at Newcastle and come ready to go. I for one will be watching Newcastle games with interest to see how he goes. Love his nickname of "business" and his ability to be methodical. Played halfback all his life etc etc......geez we need a career halfback who is young, ready and talented. Hope this kid is him, goodluck Cogger. Who made this signing out of interest, Hasler and co or Dean?
Pay signed him as soon as he became coach. Cogger captained Pays nsw under 20s side, so Pay knows him well.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Pay signed him as soon as he became coach. Cogger captained Pays nsw under 20s side, so Pay knows him well.
That's good. I'm glad he's in Pay's plans as opposed to an inherited (i.e Woods) signing.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His learning off Peacre now. Then he will have Foran by his side all of next pre season and the next few years after that. Hopefully he develops nicely this year then we get have him for a number of years after that. Was born in greenarce also.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's good. I'm glad he's in Pay's plans as opposed to an inherited (i.e Woods) signing.
I dont get all this hate people have for Woods. He had a great game last week and is returning to form as each week passes. Slow start was probably due the world cup as most of the aus players have had slow starts to this year. Woods isnt why we are losing games. A lack of a genuine havles partner for Foran is our main issue along with a lack of cohesion in our spine. If anything Woods and the rest of our forward pack are starting to dominate. Our spine is the issue not Woods.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I dont get all this hate people have for Woods. He had a great game last week and is returning to form as each week passes. Slow start was probably due the world cup as most of the aus players have had slow starts to this year. Woods isnt why we are losing games. A lack of a genuine havles partner for Foran is our main issue along with a lack of cohesion in our spine. If anything Woods and the rest of our forward pack are starting to dominate. Our spine is the issue not Woods.
Not overly showing hate, was just pointing out that I am more happy about a signing made from the current coach with the plans he has instead of inheriting a signing from the previous coach who has a different plan. Especially a highly paid, long term signing. I actually just wrote a post in that "Wood's season fail" thread outlining how I think Woods should move forward to adapt more to the current coach. I agree, I saw better in the start last game from Woods, harder running....which eludes further to my other comment in that thread.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He doesn’t kick big at all either. Foran and Mbye can’t kick big -.-

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
One good pass or more to the point a good run from guerra. Rough as guts. One game but not much/

Status
Not open for further replies.