YouTube popups

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm it's probably a dodgy Adchoices ad... it happens every so often.

Google / Adchoices should do a better job validating their ads before pushing them out.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am getting the amazon popup.

It's everyone seems to win something. (Except my football team) hehe

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When this happens, can people please post in here the time/date (including time zone), and the page/link they visited before the popup happened.

I've no idea how the ads work, but that might help them figure out or identify the ad served up (if there is a log).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep it went away for a while, but its back. In fact its worse now. It comes up every time i click to go into a thread, and im getting the amazon and the youtube versions. Sometimes it will pop up without me changing pages, i will be in the middle of typing and blam, It takes over the browser and you have to go press back to go back to the kennel

Shitty thing is the youtube one, it will voice quite loudly "Congratulations" every time the page comes up, even if you have your media and ringtone volumes on silent. BTW the issue only happens on my mobile, i have never seen it happen on my PC. Historically its happened dozens of times on my mobile though. Using a Samsung and the built in browser (which has no other issues)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is it mainly on mobile browsing that you are all seeing these popups/redirects?

I've had the issue a few times personally but only ever on mobile as well.

I know the ads on mobile platform are delivered differently, so that might be a clue.

Anything is helpful on this one.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Is it mainly on mobile browsing that you are all seeing these popups/redirects?

I've had the issue a few times personally but only ever on mobile as well.

I know the ads on mobile platform are delivered differently, so that might be a clue.

Anything is helpful on this one.
Yeh i get more ads generally on my mobile, and this issue definitely only happens on my mobile. This morning and last night, this site is a nightmare for mobile users.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
and you are a premium Gilded member like myself, so should get less ads than other members (I believe).

I've definitely seen more ads on mobile.

Nash is aware of it, and he's the only person that does the site programming... he's pretty busy atm, but if we can get more precise info when it happens, that might assist him in nailing where the problem lies.

Short of that, not sure if we can simply disable ads for mobile users.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is out of control, can't type a post without being fucked off to some shitty add 20 + times.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Admins are aware of the issue and looking into it.

Can people please advise if it is only on mobiles, and what day/date/time/thread it happens on.