Adam Elliott - I’m done

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't rate Elliot at all, but he has been a lot better the last 2 games admittedly... id still rather that some of the boys in ISP get a run .. I personally think Fine is a better prospect than Elliot..

He's incredibly uncoordinated, seems like he'll drop the ball or fall over everytime.
I couldn't agree more with this quote.. he just looks so awkward every time he takes a step.. He has the grace of Steve Erkel ..

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he’s a scapegoat. He had done very strong ribs and threatened the line several times today, he put fine good hits on in defence and his hands will get better.

Last week he was really good and this week he did fine good things. I font see how he’s the problem. Truly I don’t. Our forwards dominated today. There are always going to be a few dropped balls in a highly physical game in wet conditions.
I still think our backline is the more pressing concern. Our forwards seem to be finding their feet....although crisper and more deliberate service from dummy half round be nice.

I get people in here don’t like him, but I don’t think he’s the problem and I don’t think we have players hanging down the door in Reggie’s who would do a better job.
He is definitely not the only problem don't get me wrong but imo he is one of them, we need attack and he doesn't fit the mould of a modern day lock ala Jake t, toumololo, de Bellin even Cartwright at least has ball skills. He just offers us nothing in attack. As for slow service lichaa was terrible and doesn't help our backlines cause. With early ball last night the Morris boys would have put on a few trys they were threatening with limited time and space

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last game was hitting the line at speed and making an impact this week nothing again

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't rate Elliot at all, but he has been a lot better the last 2 games admittedly... id still rather that some of the boys in ISP get a run .. I personally think Fine is a better prospect than Elliot..

I couldn't agree more with this quote.. he just looks so awkward every time he takes a step.. He has the grace of Steve Erkel ..
Lichaa is worse - looks like he is going to fall over ever time he runs....

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We got bigger problems than just Eliiott.
Our service from dummy half is atrocious and very slow causing no room for our backs to have some time before the line.
A lot of our players cannot read when we have overlaps out wide and cannot change their form of attack to counteract the different defensive styles.
Sometimes when we have overlaps like yesterday and the roosters are running off their line and jamming in, you can't just let the ball go through the hands like what we were trying to do yesterday, you will have no chance of getting it to your winger in time because the defence will be up in your face shutting it down. A number of times they did that to JMK which forced him to run back into the middle and was easy pickings. Maybe if their defence was sliding on their line you could do that and probably jag a try or two. Yesterday it was different, the roosters had some intent in their defence and moving up quick.
A few cut out balls to our wingers by our 5/8th would of been deadly to the up and in defence by the roosters, or even the kick behind the line for a try. Did we try any of that last night.
Also the blind side wasn't utilised enough. Best form of meter gainer with rushing in defense. Foran is a 6, let him ball play and feed his edge runners and go find a 7.

I'd keep JMK, but either at 9 or 14 coming off the bench.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I personally think Fine is a bit small to play in the middle. His footwork would kill it on an edge though. I wanna drop Elliot so bad and bring in Renouf the mongrel.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He is definitely not the only problem don't get me wrong but imo he is one of them, we need attack and he doesn't fit the mould of a modern day lock ala Jake t, toumololo, de Bellin even Cartwright at least has ball skills. He just offers us nothing in attack. As for slow service lichaa was terrible and doesn't help our backlines cause. With early ball last night the Morris boys would have put on a few trys they were threatening with limited time and space
I disagree. In the last two weeks he has been much more of an asset than a problem.

The criticism he is copping is misguided.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Lol Elliot has been great and in defence has been really good. He hits hard.

I just want to know wtf do you guys want from him?? LOL

Our problem is Foran was passive as fuck last night hence not capitalising on field position we had and well Marshall is still a rookie, he did his best.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol Elliot has been great and in defence has been really good. He hits hard.

I just want to know wtf do you guys want from him?? LOL

Our problem is Foran was passive as fuck last night hence not capitalising on field position we had and well Marshall is still a rookie, he did his best.
Fucking oath!

Elliott has had two good games in a row, can put a great hit on and is the least of our problems. Why he is copping so much irrational hate, I have no idea.

Played well last night.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If josh had great hands as a lot of centres do Brett would have scored a couple. They rushed Josh all night knowing he can't pass, his passing game is terrible. Elliott I thought was ok tonight, put his shoulder in. I noticed as a team we really cleared the ruck well in defence. No chance of there hooker milking penalties..

Malla

Reaction score
Fucking oath!

Elliott has had two good games in a row, can put a great hit on and is the least of our problems. Why he is copping so much irrational hate, I have no idea.

Played well last night.
Flavour of the month

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played well last night.
Bend the line would be nice for once. A good lock bends the line, creates half breaks, Elliot doesn't. Sure he look like he does a lot but all he's doing is being a worse version of Tolman, getting smashed the second he hits the line. Mind you I will say I don't have a better option in our squad, although I'd rather him nowhere near a First Grade spot. It isn't the highest of priorities (a good hooker and 5/8 are) but it is important to get a more dynamic lock ASAP.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bend the line would be nice for once. A good lock bends the line, creates half breaks, Elliot doesn't. Sure he look like he does a lot but all he's doing is being a worse version of Tolman, getting smashed the second he hits the line. Mind you I will say I don't have a better option in our squad, although I'd rather him nowhere near a First Grade spot. It isn't the highest of priorities (a good hooker and 5/8 are) but it is important to get a more dynamic lock ASAP.
What rubbish. He bent the line on several occasions last Thursday.

Malla

Reaction score
Of the current starting locks in the comp (other than the obvious Taumalolo) - who else can bend the line and create a half break?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of the current starting locks in the comp (other than the obvious Taumalolo) - who else can bend the line and create a half break?
J turbo manly
Isaac Liu chooks
Fisher Harris panthers
De Bellini drags

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gillett can easily there is one, the Roosters one (I forget the name all the time). In other words the top locks. We need a top lock not someone who is average at absolute best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gillett can easily there is one, the Roosters one (I forget the name all the time). In other words the top locks. We need a top lock not someone who is average at absolute best.
Gillett is a right edge forward and has been for years lol.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I personally think Fine is a bit small to play in the middle. His footwork would kill it on an edge though. I wanna drop Elliot so bad and bring in Renouf the mongrel.
I said before that Fine should be trained up to play in the centres. He has good tackling technique, surprisingly good speed. He should replace Hoppa.

Status
Not open for further replies.