Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People keep criticising Pay. He inherited this team. He only had input into keeping or getting two players, Priest and Lichaa.
The team has been beaten a few times, but the effort is there. He can only do so much with the talent (or lack of) he has got.
A few of the players are playing sub standard, little doubt about that. He will continue to tweak the team and results will come.
If Pay wasnt here, I wonder who would be?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People keep criticising Pay. He inherited this team. He only had input into keeping or getting two players, Priest and Lichaa.
The team has been beaten a few times, but the effort is there. He can only do so much with the talent (or lack of) he has got.
A few of the players are playing sub standard, little doubt about that. He will continue to tweak the team and results will come.
If Pay wasnt here, I wonder who would be?
I said earler that Pay needs to make a couple changes. I agree that he should continue its 100% on what we had. Stickng with players which are not performing is frustrating. But overall it is a better team i also think he may need some help with his press conferences not sure how but does need help there. Sure he will get use to it

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this teams needs is a gun 5/8 thats it nothing else. Our roster is fine. We get a 5/8 then watch us go.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our only hope of getting a gun 5/8 this season is to release Tolman to the sharks and get either Austin or Sezer.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone saying pay inherited the squad is bullshit we have a better squad than the tigers and they are schooling us ,even the dragons squad isn’t amazing but they are both fit and play aggressively

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone saying pay inherited the squad is bullshit we have a better squad than the tigers and they are schooling us ,even the dragons squad isn’t amazing but they are both fit and play aggressively
Dragons squad is very good, anyone could see they would do well before season, no one picked tigers to do so well, key for them benji and Luke brooks have been on fire
Our halfs no where to be seen...
Imagine how our forwards felt after chooks loss, running for around 1400 metres........
That's just the forward pack....
They be shaking there heads
Over 2000m for the team
Should win by 30 with those stats
Our halfs have a lot to answer for in that game in particular

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dragons squad is very good, anyone could see they would do well before season, no one picked tigers to do so well, key for them benji and Luke brooks have been on fire
Our halfs no where to be seen...
Imagine how our forwards felt after chooks loss, running for around 1400 metres........
That's just the forward pack....
They be shaking there heads
Over 2000m for the team
Should win by 30 with those stats
Our halfs have a lot to answer for in that game in particular
Halves and Pay

It’s his game plan

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get it's his first year as head coach. I get that the boys like him. I see the changes from week to week. That's all ok
What I don't like is the back down, the gentle talk about how we have improved. For aggressive attacking play, we need a coach who hates to lose and installs that in the players.
Our forwards have been going well. Woods and Klem have been awesome in the last 2 games. Klem all season, but Woods is getting it now. Mariner needs a gap. Boy can play. Big unit.
Foran is busting himself to get this team heading in the right direction, but the bitches want to go sideways.
Morris boys are also busting themselves. I know they are going but fuck I wish we could keep them

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The dragons have one of the best squads in the game, but Pay should definitely be getting more out of this side. The bloke just isn't any good at this stage.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The dragons have one of the best squads in the game, but Pay should definitely be getting more out of this side. The bloke just isn't any good at this stage.
When a team is playing well they have a “great squad” our team is not playing well but should be playing alot better

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When a team is playing well they have a “great squad” our team is not playing well but should be playing alot better
True, but the dragons have one of the best squads on paper though. Arguably the best forward pack, powerful skillful backs and a very good spine.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True, but the dragons have one of the best squads on paper though. Arguably the best forward pack, powerful skillful backs and a very good spine.
Silly comment tbh....

You forget. 2018 we are going to release the mAdNeSs.... therefore we are the best squad and 2018 premiers

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Silly comment tbh....

You forget. 2018 we are going to release the mAdNeSs.... therefore we are the best squad and 2018 premiers
Remember in pre season people on here were like "we're easily going to make the 8" or "the pundits are idiots for putting us at the bottom of the ladder" hahaha.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently we only have $700,000 next year and a pile of players to resign
Are you sure about our club only having $700.000 to spend next year, with the money saved by not having to pay Graham Kas and probably others as well as some contracts not been renewed or reduced.
If that is the case then Hasler did a very good job of sabotaging our club.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
im thinking pay just dosent know how to coach at all. he either needs an experienced assistant or he goes.
at training you would assume they would do some ball skills training and coming up with a plan off attack but they clearly dont do anything cause you simply cannot be that clueless surely

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im thinking pay just dosent know how to coach at all. he either needs an experienced assistant or he goes.
at training you would assume they would do some ball skills training and coming up with a plan off attack but they clearly dont do anything cause you simply cannot be that clueless surely
He doesn’t come across as the most cereberal of coaches...

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you sure about our club only having $700.000 to spend next year, with the money saved by not having to pay Graham Kas and probably others as well as some contracts not been renewed or reduced.
If that is the case then Hasler did a very good job of sabotaging our club.
Well i guess it depends if you believe what is reported but i certainly hope its wrong. Seems like des has no idea how to use a calculator or your right sabotaging our club

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what the players are saying theres little or no video now i get des was over the top with his video but somewhere in the middle would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.