Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We're one of the last clubs that can afford a no dickhead policy right now

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After reading that artical I think he is absolutely worth the punt.

He seems to have a decent amount of self awareness, at least in reflection, and is working really hard on himself.

Nu Brown doesn't seem to be part of Pay's plans, so make this swap deal a reality. It will improve us instently because we will have a viable replacement options at 9 and 6.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's an overconfident, loud mouthed cockhead who dishes out plenty but can't cop it. Its no coincidence that no one wants to play with him. Pass!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On one hand people complain we need a playmaker to work alongside Foran.
On the other one becomes available that is a perfect fit, and it's suddenly FUCK NO.

Hastings and Foran combo can get us close to a premiership in my opinion.

Not to mention if Foran goes down currently we are FUCKED. Hastings offers cover for that.

Manly are known to be a club full of egos (I know people that both played for and worked with Manly as staff).
And Des Hasler too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
People saying no... we've already done worse:
Moses Suli
Jacob Loko
Herman Ese'ese

I mean, lets get rid of a few fringies who aren't in our plans and give the bloke a chance. If he fucks up just get rid of him/don't renew.

Unlike Ese'ese or Loko he's not about to drag the clubs name through the mud with a DUI or drugs possession or crap. Nor is he about to pull out the "cant be fucked" card like Suli.

In short there is very minimal risk, and he knows himself he'd be running out of chances.

The club is helping Foran and look at the progress he's made in a short space of time. We've even seen him smile.

If ANYONE is a good role model for Jackson to work with, it's Kieran actually. He's had mental demons, he knows about being down in a dark place, and he knows what it's like to work through those issues.

Do it Bulldogs... it could just be a genius move.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Just sign him already what’s the worst that can happen?
We lose brown and give Foran a partner in the halves.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Moses Suli
Jacob Loko
Herman Ese'ese

Do any of those names ring a bell?

They should because we signed them and they turned out to be an absolute waste.

So why not take a gamble.. alternative is continuing to suck balls with no change in the season.
So your solution is to sign another absolute waste? Huh? How about this - how about we actually sign players who can play footy and who aren't dickheads. You know people of the character of Smith, slater, Cronk, Jackson, Tolman instead of Dugan, Carney, Lodge and Hastings. How about that. Everyone on here seems to think that because you are a dickhead you can be saved and turned into the next immortal. Time to accept that dickheads will always be dickheads and as a club we should look for people who can not only play footy but are also decent blokes. It will pay forward in spades. it's one of the reasons why the Storm keeps attracting good young players and we don't.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bloke is a ****, not suprised to see others be a **** back. We're absolutely desperate so we should sign him.
Your way off the mark, he won’t take shit.....from anyone
If you ever get a chance to meet and talk to him you wouldn’t be writing such bullshit, you should know better than
To believe the crap news Ltd print

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When he mentioned he cried, the victim playing card came to mind. It’s not cool to cry ffs even though that’s what society is saying. Man the fuck up. We do not need to know you cried especially when it’s all on you.

Definitely do not need this type of player at our club, we already have Sharon.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes people think that he will all of a sudden change his shit attitude when he arrives here? Guy doesn't respect his teammates or coach.....
I’d say pay him peanuts and use him for the season, give him a contract for the rest of the year.. If he fucks up, end him packing

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How has this thread not died yet?

Wtf! Clearly he's not fit for team sports. Who the fuck cares about the articles being published under approval of his agents/club? Yeh they want to get rid of him and agent wants to get him signed.

Actions speak louder rhan words. And his actions have been shit both on and off field.

Also..

WE ARE NOT DESPERATE!!! WTF! JMK and foran are more than enough! Open your eyes/minds and stop thinking our club will/should win EVERY SEASON!

Get over yourselves!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your way off the mark, he won’t take shit.....from anyone
If you ever get a chance to meet and talk to him you wouldn’t be writing such bullshit, you should know better than
To believe the crap news Ltd print
I'm not believing what i'm reading, i'm believing what i have been told about him by people that have been involved with him.

addoujspark

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Manly is looking at taking Nu Brown off our hands. With a potential player swap for Hastings.
This can't be an option for the dogs maybe licha but brown hasn't even been given a go

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So your solution is to sign another absolute waste? Huh? How about this - how about we actually sign players who can play footy and who aren't dickheads. You know people of the character of Smith, slater, Cronk, Jackson, Tolman instead of Dugan, Carney, Lodge and Hastings. How about that. Everyone on here seems to think that because you are a dickhead you can be saved and turned into the next immortal. Time to accept that dickheads will always be dickheads and as a club we should look for people who can not only play footy but are also decent blokes. It will pay forward in spades. it's one of the reasons why the Storm keeps attracting good young players and we don't.
But unfortunately mate, due to salary cap restrictions/mismanagement, we aren’t in a position to sign players of the caliber you mentioned....hence why we’re “scraping” with blokes such as Suli, Loko and now potentially Hastings.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When he mentioned he cried, the victim playing card came to mind. It’s not cool to cry ffs even though that’s what society is saying. Man the fuck up. We do not need to know you cried especially when it’s all on you.
I cried at my last job. Eventually the workplace harassment and workplace bullying and attempts to sack me got too much and I just cracked one day and burst into tears.

That was the end of that though and I made them pay for that effort with a decent payout.

Point is, people will cry when emotionally impacted. What's not to say the guys a shy introvert, and prefers to do his own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.