Bulldogs are on the way up: Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks Deano, I feel better now after 2 from 7 ........ And.......... As a former Player I feel even Better when one of our starting forwards say ,"Attack isn't our issue"
Last time I checked you needed to score points to win games??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets hope Deano starts dropping the cluster of turds floating around in the bulldogs dunny that need a good flush and pretend to call themselves 1st graders.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me dead people in here have no fucking idea. What the fuck do you want the guy to do, he has inherited this team. What do you want him to do, go out in the press and bag the shit out of the team knowing he is stuck with the same squad next year after Hasler, Dib and Castle fucked our cap up for the next few years? He bags the players and there’s no chance of them ever putting in for him.

Anyone thinking Lewis or cleeland are the answers are delusional, both are just reserve grade standard, nothing more now or ever.
He has alternatives,there’s only 1 way Lewis Cleeland etc are going to learn,by giving them a go,the current mob are going nowhere

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All the supercoaches on this forum bagging Pay for what he does and doesnt do is tiring.

People are delusional and cant see the bigger picture. Its as if they think where going to make the 8 with the state we were in end of last year. If we made the 8 that would have been a miracle.

Who gives a gives a fuck what Pay said during the press conference, he was probably dejected and frustrated just like the rest of us. His comments weren't going to change the outcome of the game. You think he owes it to the fans to console them or make up some bullshit excuse for the obvious "our attack needs work" perhaps? no shit.

Ive seen posts saying where worse than last year. Really? Unpredictable Reynolds side show, Frawley's kicking game at half back, MYBE not shinning, no hope of anyone for fullback, Morris brothers seeing fuck all quality ball and everyone bagging them saying they should go etc etc.

How many stupid penalty's did we give away in our half against the roosters giving up valuable field position like we usually do.
How many dumb mistakes during the Roosters game did we make including drop balls ( yeah Elliot 1 and Woods 1 ) remembering that we constantly made them threwout nearly every match we played last year.
Couple that with the metres we made unlike any other match ive seen us play in ages.
Could it be that these things perhaps contributed to us playing most of the match in there half.
Just some of the basic fundamentals we need sorting out. On top of that we have attack to fix, kicking game, goal kicker, the list goes on. Cant do it all overnight.

As hard as it was to see us lose the other night, I was proud of the effort. Its been along time Ive felt that way. I felt bad for them not to get the win with the effort they showed for 80mins. Maybe thats why it shits me to see all the hate.

Fact remains the same, it will take time. Pay needs to make his way with what he has to work with. He's not an elite NRL coach but we need to give him a "fair" go. He doesnt have any where near the caliber of players Bellamy has to work with so I dont understand why people are giving him such an arse reeming. Im glad hes here and wish him the best. It may not work out but farrrrkkk, nowhere near as painfull as last year.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
All the supercoaches on this forum bagging Pay for what he does and doesnt do is tiring.

People are delusional and cant see the bigger picture. Its as if they think where going to make the 8 with the state we were in end of last year. If we made the 8 that would have been a miracle.

Who gives a gives a fuck what Pay said during the press conference, he was probably dejected and frustrated just like the rest of us. His comments weren't going to change the outcome of the game. You think he owes it to the fans to console them or make up some bullshit excuse for the obvious "our attack needs work" perhaps? no shit.

Ive seen posts saying where worse than last year. Really? Unpredictable Reynolds side show, Frawley's kicking game at half back, MYBE not shinning, no hope of anyone for fullback, Morris brothers seeing fuck all quality ball and everyone bagging them saying they should go etc etc.

How many stupid penalty's did we give away in our half against the roosters giving up valuable field position like we usually do.
How many dumb mistakes during the Roosters game did we make including drop balls ( yeah Elliot 1 and Woods 1 ) remembering that we constantly made them threwout nearly every match we played last year.
Couple that with the metres we made unlike any other match ive seen us play in ages.
Could it be that these things perhaps contributed to us playing most of the match in there half.
Just some of the basic fundamentals we need sorting out. On top of that we have attack to fix, kicking game, goal kicker, the list goes on. Cant do it all overnight.

As hard as it was to see us lose the other night, I was proud of the effort. Its been along time Ive felt that way. I felt bad for them not to get the win with the effort they showed for 80mins. Maybe thats why it shits me to see all the hate.

Fact remains the same, it will take time. Pay needs to make his way with what he has to work with. He's not an elite NRL coach but we need to give him a "fair" go. He doesnt have any where near the caliber of players Bellamy has to work with so I dont understand why people are giving him such an arse reeming. Im glad hes here and wish him the best. It may not work out but farrrrkkk, nowhere near as painfull as last year.
Lol you sir have no idea with 10 sets on the roosters line and 0 points to the board makes you wonder how shit our attack is.
Any other team would put 20/30 points with ease on the struggling roters

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol you sir have no idea with 10 sets on the roosters line and 0 points to the board makes you wonder how shit our attack is.
Any other team would put 20/30 points with ease on the struggling roters
No Idea? what are you on about, I mentioned our attack needs work twice

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
No Idea? what are you on about, I mentioned our attack needs work twice
You where praising the boys for there effort, our attack was short on effort it was all one out bullshit we never looked threatening.
Plus you mentioned pay needs time?????
How the fuck are we going to improve if pay doesn’t drop or replace anyone?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally understand that Pay has to spin the media....but he also has to realise that the current 1st grade team is carrying players that arent 1st grade standard so my expectation is that he starts dropping players and experimenting with players like Lewis and cleeland. Then at least we know whether they are the keys to our future because we sure as hell know that certain players running around in 1st grade currently are not.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
He can say what ever he wants. I’ve said it once and I’ll say It again. He said preseason “we want to bring back some of the madness”!!! Even if the team was losing but was still smashing teams in D then at least he would be a coach/man true to his word.

The only madness he bringing is to the fans. Everyone’s Fkn mad. :rage:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess they will be working on attack and last tackle options all week, bring back some decoys and passing from side to side maybe.
We showed plenty of fight on Thursday, should roll the Panthers.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree that we are close.
But with 58% possession and 400 more running meters we should have one that game in a jog.
Should have one the souths game also.

Biggest problem.......fucking Lichaa!!! Fucking useless..
Why the fuck did we let the flog back in???

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You where praising the boys for there effort, our attack was short on effort it was all one out bullshit we never looked threatening.
Plus you mentioned pay needs time?????
How the fuck are we going to improve if pay doesn’t drop or replace anyone?
It goes without saying that our one out wasnt working and our 'playmakers' needed to step up and do something. It also goes without saying that we didnt have anyone (apart from perhaps Foran) footy smart enough to chip, grubber, shift or try a different line of attack when we were 5-10 metres out from the line to score when we had a billion opportunities.
So drop players and replace them with who? Ive only watched ISP on catch up, I didnt see anyone to get excited about (NRL standard in mind) but Im no coach or expert on team structures, Ive just been watching footy as a Bulldogs fan for 35 years. Surely the coach looks at all players and is trying to field the best he has to work with knowing our weaknesses. Not to bag out players but where talking about replacing below NRL standard for below NRL standard players (yet perhaps).

JordanP

New Pup
Reaction score
Its all a bunch of bullshit... wanting your own roster etc...we are never going to win another comp..im a season ticket holder and always will be but there arent enough brains in our club to blow a nose. Who can honestly say that we look like getting into any grand final in the next 5 years let alone 10. Think about this, we one the comp in 2004 14yrs ago and we have already written off the next two due to salary cap. Good luck.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Given we were pipped by Souffs a few weeks ago, I watched some of their play yesterday. Their attack has developed incredibly since that match, ours has gone backward. Both rookie coaches... hmmmm!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It goes without saying that our one out wasnt working and our 'playmakers' needed to step up and do something. It also goes without saying that we didnt have anyone (apart from perhaps Foran) footy smart enough to chip, grubber, shift or try a different line of attack when we were 5-10 metres out from the line to score when we had a billion opportunities.
So drop players and replace them with who? Ive only watched ISP on catch up, I didnt see anyone to get excited about (NRL standard in mind) but Im no coach or expert on team structures, Ive just been watching footy as a Bulldogs fan for 35 years. Surely the coach looks at all players and is trying to field the best he has to work with knowing our weaknesses. Not to bag out players but where talking about replacing below NRL standard for below NRL standard players (yet perhaps).
At the moment it doesn’t matter who replaces who.
The players will be pushed to play better so they can retain there first grade positions.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not a good sign when your coach is proud of your side for losing. It means we’re losers, we’re getting used to being losers, we’re being taught it’s ok to lose

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Given we were pipped by Souffs a few weeks ago, I watched some of their play yesterday. Their attack has developed incredibly since that match, ours has gone backward. Both rookie coaches... hmmmm!
Fast dummy half.... i watched Cook closely as i always do... He is the reason they won, consistently he passed crisp and fast two passes wide of the ruck towards raiders weak right edge defence... Made it so easy for his halves to take advantage of Leilua.

Status
Not open for further replies.