Will Lynne Anderson and the board step in this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee you’re easily pleased! How you can be happy and satisfied with that effort & result beggars belief. There was no support play for the ball carrier last night & the Roosters lapped it up, we could have played for another 80minutes & we wouldn’t have breached their line with that attack. The Roosters are the hottest backline in the comp? I’ve watched all their games this year; bar Mitchell, Ferguson & Keary they’re an ordinary backline, bring outscored by the Dragons,Warriors Panthers & even the sea eagles. They have conceded 4tries per game by the Warriors& Rabbitohs,& been kept to 1&2 tries respectively. I would call then tepid.While I agree Eastwood, RFM, Klemmer, Elliott, & the Morris twins played well, I’m very concerned Foran is plagued with lower back/hamstring issues he looks to have limited range of movement effecting his agility & more concern speed off the mark. Lichaa I must say was poor in his distribution. Unfortunately JJ has to play on the same side as Foran & Hopoate & at the moment this along with the captaincy is affecting his form.
There’s a lot to build on I don’t see where there is improvement in our attack looking through our roster. Realistically we’re a bottom 4 side.
If we had half the potential you suggest we should have won last nights match by 20 with the majority of possession & field position.
Maybe I am but at least I am not bitter. You come on here blasting every player in the squad. You predict we will get beat by a hundred most weeks and you attack people who are positive about the team. It must be hard maintaining all that negativity over a game of footy. Sure all of our players made wrong decisions, mistakes and errors at some point last night. So did the rorters players. Just like every other game of footy every week for 110 years. Some they recover from others they don't. I'm sure by now each of them has replayed the game a thousand times in their minds and come up with all the options everyone on here has come up with. The difference is that under pressure and fatigue it wasn't that easy to execute and surprisingly the quality of the opposition prevented them from doing what they have been doing in training for the past 6 months. Foran has a crook ankle and hurt it again early in the game hence the lack of running I would think. JJ is bordering on needing to be dropped every try scorer on the right has his DNA on them. He's missed more tackles (16) than any other player and he gets only one offload every second game. Yet Hoppa and Foran cop the blast.

You say Lichaa's distribution was poor. Well the result was and it certainly wasn't his best game tonight but here's a thought for you; our plan was quick play the balls with big blokes either running onto the ball or plays out the back. The rorters were great a slowing the game down and the fact that there were no penalties in the second half only reinforce that. Lichaa was trying to create something out wide by using the option of turning the ball inside or going wide so to create doubt he ran sidewards before passing, but the defence pushing off the line so quick (too quick really) cut off the options. We tried three kicks in behind the line and each one was blocked. Good luck or good play? Doesn't matter - didn't work. Because we were in the 20 a kick over the top wasn't really an option as it would've most likely led to a 7 tackle set. Cut out pass? Well we don't have a good record with intercepts so again I can see why they would be reluctant.

As I said previously, no-one is happy that we lost and certainly I am not but I also want to see a team that is committed to the game and giving it everything right to the end and they did that on Thursday night.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team selections
Line speed
Support play
Cross field kick
Passing from the freaking ground
Torpedo bombs

It doesn’t matter what caliber player u have the above 5 skills should be implemented at fg level (excl team selections)

In relation to team selections every player should be accountable and his position not safe regardless of the result.

I
Players at some of the other clubs particularly the Storm appear to personally work on their individual skills, and it appears to me that the players at our club are the worst at it, if so whose fault is it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hes from Queensland
Born in Central NSW, played all his junior footy in NSW, playing career almost all in Canberra.

I appreciate Queensland try to claim everything, but the furthest north I can see he lived before becoming Bennett's assistant was Newcastle.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Which fuckin games are u watching,he managed 1 offload tonight ,4th in 2 years,every prop in the game ,does what he does only better,look when he runs doesn’t look for supports doesn’t swerve takes an eternity to play the ball,&his mate woods wow $800k what a fuckin waste these 2 are
That’s a bit harsh. They’ve made a lot of meters in the last two games. They’ve gotten us to where we want to be on the field. They are not the problem. The problems are our attacking structures inside the oppositions 20m. Just have a look at how many tries our wingers have scored after 7 rounds, what does that tell you. We’re not creating enough for them to finish off. Relying on offloads and second phase plays all the time as a prime way of scoring tries is not ideal.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesus. Some of theses threads are just getting dumber and dumber. People who obviously have no idea acting like the club should be run like career mode on some PlayStation game. It’s not as simple as just “clearing out the deadwood” ffs. The vast majority of our cap is tied up in that deadwood until 2020 so if we clear it out what then? Replace them with bargain basement players and then listen to fans bitch about our recruitment?

Facts are facts. We’ve spent the last 5 years forgetting how to play football. What comes naturally to some teams has been well and truly coached out of us. Our ad lib play is virtually no existent and we still think about setting up for the next play before the ball is dead on the existing play. Even though Pay is trying new things when unfortunately when you’re fatigued you go to what you know and what comes naturally. Unfortunately for this squad that’s Desball and it will be a long time before that isn’t the case.

Secondly Des’ total disregard for developing younger players will be evident for years to come. With no genuine stars coming through nyc we will be reliant on bargain basement fringe first grader she for some time. Gone are the days when we had guys like mason, Maitua, Thurston, Myles, Jackson, Mbye, Finucane, Klemmer etc ready to step up into first grade.

Finally, yes our attack sucked but the Roosters were super pumped about their defence following the embarrassing bunnies loss. At the end of the day it came down to one pathetic attempt at a jersey grab from Hoppa that was the difference. The effort was there and when you simply don’t have the cattle to match it with the heavy weights that’s all you can hope for.
At the end of the day it came down to 9 sets of 6 inside their 20 and our attack plan compromised of on out hit ups, realistically we never challenged them on their 20- we are the poorest attacking side in the competition. The Roosters at the moment are very ordinary don’t try & put a positive philosophical spin on the shit the Dogs put out Thursday night.... like in or not

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bellamy is not the answer. That bitch is scared to move. St George offered a shit tonne of coin, but he turned it down because he didn't have his 3. Look at Origin.he was shit, because he didn't want to hurt his players
He isn't like Wayne and like a challenge. Plus Bellamy wants to head back to Brisbane for family.
Dean needs to hard the fuck up and get his shit together fast.
He knows this club won't put up with shit for long. Folkes got the flick after a wooden spoon. Kevie Moore got done mid 3rd year. Des well. Fuck that guy. I want to see an angry coach when we lose.
At this point Toovey would be good

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yeh they looked bog average tonight too
Cooper who??
How goods Cronk going at the jewsters huh
A lot of people forget that even though he's a midget, Cronk is one tough SOaB and a good defender. The Storm had A LOT of leaks last night. The Storm of old with the big 3 wouldn't have the let Broncos score more than 2 tries. They've really hit the wall this year it seems (the Storm that is).

The Broncos have been the Storms bitches since they entered the comp.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
At the end of the day it came down to 9 sets of 6 inside their 20 and our attack plan compromised of on out hit ups, realistically we never challenged them on their 20- we are the poorest attacking side in the competition. The Roosters at the moment are very ordinary don’t try & put a positive philosophical spin on the shit the Dogs put out Thursday night.... like in or not
I didn’t disagree that our attack is terrible. It’s been terrible for 5 years. What I am say8ng is we need to be realistic and accept it’s going to take more than 8 rounds to undo that, especially when the former coaching staff and board have painted us into a corner as far as bringing in new blood is concerned.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
You can whinge and moan about our quality of player for the next 2 years but the fact of the matter is that a team like the tigers with an inferior roster are killing it after a complete rebuild that was greater than ours in terms of player overhaul. Cleary has them playing the basics at speed and the players know what they have to fucking do in attack and not just run fucked up lines or no lines at all. Even our bunch of duds should be able to play to a set structure.
This is a favourite argument of the doom and bloomers. You do realise that Cleary was appointed over a year ago and had close to a season to prepare for where they are now. Also unlike us he was left with a healthy salary cap after Tedesco, Woods and Moses whereby he could carry out a very successful recruitment drive in preparation for 2018. In contrast Pay inherited a stale playing roster who are massively overpaid and have spent the last 5 years forgetting how to play expansive football. On top of this we have absolutely no money to spend to bring in new blood. You act like the Tigers player overhaul was a disadvantage to them and the fact we have much of the same squad is an advantage to us when in fact it’s the complete opposite.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a bit harsh. They’ve made a lot of meters in the last two games. They’ve gotten us to where we want to be on the field. They are not the problem. The problems are our attacking structures inside the oppositions 20m. Just have a look at how many tries our wingers have scored after 7 rounds, what does that tell you. We’re not creating enough for them to finish off. Relying on offloads and second phase plays all the time as a prime way of scoring tries is not ideal.
They both have very slow play the balls,renouf toamaga,ofahiki Ogden,Rhys Martin ,all,playing well.and all 3 players worth less than woods $800k

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They both have very slow play the balls,renouf toamaga,ofahiki Ogden,Rhys Martin ,all,playing well.and all 3 players worth less than woods $800k
There's a reason for that. One is an international and the other 3 combined aren't a FG player.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a reason for that. One is an international and the other 3 combined aren't a FG player.
His a ring in not an international,Tigers much better without him,with players that came at a fraction of his cost,also 13 internationals don’t make a champion team,figure it out,u let guys like graham and kasiano go to bring in this dick,good one mr dib lover

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Born in Central NSW, played all his junior footy in NSW, playing career almost all in Canberra.

I appreciate Queensland try to claim everything, but the furthest north I can see he lived before becoming Bennett's assistant was Newcastle.
Is that the New Newcastle just south of Brisbane?

Oldsage

Oldsage
Reaction score
Lol. Hilarious thread dude.

Do you have any comprehension of how our club started this year?

New Board
New CEO
New Coach
New players

Yet you seem to think that we are going to be playing like world beaters every match?

Yes we didn’t have our best attacking game last night. Welcome to the NRL. the Storm (who still have Smith and Slater) have had some shockers also. The roosters who have a star studded line up could only manage 6 points last night off the back of a Shit attempt from Hopoate to tackle Mitchell.

Your expectations are ridiculous and completely unfair.

If we are still performing so poorly this time next year then let’s talk.

For now I’m enjoying the efforts from most of our players last night including the fantastic defensive effort for 80 mins.
You are on the money with your comment, given the financial mess the previous board left the club in we can't set our expectations too high. What we have is what we must work with & anyone who watches our games will have to admit the players are having a dig & you can't ask for any more than that. I feel that it's going to take a few seasons to get through the financial mess that the club is in & it still amazes me that Dr George was prepared to back the old board. It will take time and us supporters need to be patient with the players & coach if you think that's too hard then spare a thought for me I am 75 so my time is drawing to a close but I have been very lucky & seen the Berries/Bulldogs at their very best & they will be there again, one day.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
what can they do? contracts usually run through the year and pay deserves a proper chance

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
His a ring in not an international,Tigers much better without him,with players that came at a fraction of his cost,also 13 internationals don’t make a champion team,figure it out,u let guys like graham and kasiano go to bring in this dick,good one mr dib lover
What a sad little person you are. How did I become "U" guys? I didn't let anyone go. Even so I think we got the better end of the bargain. If you weren't so slow you might have been better off checking the comparative efforts of the three players you mention before carrying on like a spurned child. Year on year Woods has delivered much better than the other two COMBINED and he has deservedly earned his place in every rep team he has played in. He was the dominant forward on Thursday night and you carry on like this? He is precisely the prop we need and a perfect foil for Klemmer who has the job of just hitting the line hard. They've had 7 rounds together and are starting to fire. The other two had 5 years together and what was it we won again??

Status
Not open for further replies.