Round 7 - Press Conference from Roosters game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/04/19/round-7-bulldogs-press-conference/

"From where we were last week I thought we improved tonight, I really did ummm can never question their efforts their efforts fantastic. and ummm there were 3 or 4 times there we were one pass away from scoring, and we got over the line 4 or 5 times and couldn't get the ball down, so, you jag one of those and it could be a different story"

- Dean Pay

According to him "we are improving", and if we played the same tonight in the first few rounds, we'd have jagged another couple of wins.

Seriously... is he delusional? Or did everyone else watch a different game in some parallel universe?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/04/19/round-7-bulldogs-press-conference/

"From where we were last week I thought we improved tonight, I really did ummm can never question their efforts their efforts fantastic. and ummm there were 3 or 4 times there we were one pass away from scoring, and we got over the line 4 or 5 times and couldn't get the ball down, so, you jag one of those and it could be a different story"

- Dean Pay

According to him "we are improving", and if we played the same tonight in the first few rounds, we'd have jagged another couple of wins.

Seriously... is he delusional? Or did everyone else watch a different game in some parallel universe?
Ohh plz improving my arse!
That was terrible and the roosters had no ball, we won the penalties, better completions, more ball in Opp 20 and basically got all the 50 50's go our way tonight.
We never actually looked like scoring and wont score another try all year if we attack like that.
It was so easy to read and predict each attacking set tonight.
Fuckn terrible imo our worst performance of the year

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mans favourite word when under pressure

"IF"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's literally 94% Pay's fault that we lost tonight, fuck i hate him.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We only looked dangerous from the 75th min onwards so that's when the game plan went out the window. I thought he was going to release the shackles of this team, it's the same as last year but with a better fullback that's all

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Improve in defence all you want... but remember players are on the record saying Pay likes to play expansive attacking footy

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmmm still very undecided about pay, probably more like 40% keep %60 don’t Lol
But it seems every week (apart from last week) I was more confident an in his corner as thought things were finally starting to change/turn around an his coaching style might “pay” off...

The biggest problem is it seems the des bug has plagued the team an this coach can’t undo it. Or these guys just aren’t buying into his style or they are trying like last week but then just slip back into old habits. Even the new players have caught the des bug. It’s now in the DNA an needs to be remedied very quickly.

Where to from here ?!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Funny about the pay hate already. Guys we have an average attacking rooster. Des built this team for attack based on stats. Look at the stats tonight. All over them except for line breaks . When we have a slow 6-7 and 9 it limits the options. Our forwards are one out but they play off slow service from lichaa. Our halls play off our forwards and wait on the edge. That needs to change fast. Jmk isnt a starting 6 and foran looks slower with every game. We are fucked. Thanks Des n dib.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He keeps saying we improved

We couldn’t score a fkn try

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
30-12 vs 6-0

24 point defensive improvement

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
30-12 vs 6-0

24 point defensive improvement
Nice but to win a game of Rugby League we need to score points

Unfortunately we don’t have bonus points for close losses like Super Rugby

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohh plz improving my arse!
That was terrible and the roosters had no ball, we won the penalties, better completions, more ball in Opp 20 and basically got all the 50 50's go our way tonight.
We never actually looked like scoring and wont score another try all year if we attack like that.
It was so easy to read and predict each attacking set tonight.
Fuckn terrible imo our worst performance of the year
I talked up the Bulldogs chances because they looked really good against the Cowboys.
That was as horrendous a match as I’ve seen. The Bulldogs had that much possession they reminded me of a movie you’ve seen a dozen times.....you know whats going to happen.
The Roosters weren’t much better. Shocking handling
Poor completions
Lucky it wasn’t the Dragons.
Could be embarrassing next week.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost because we didn't play our own game like against the Cowboys, moving the ball around out the back and through the forwards. We were too much one out. Against the Roosters we tried to play the Rabbitohs game plan fast and up the middle. We don't have the players or the skill for that. We got our pants pulled down through inexperienced coaching. Just because the Roosters were weak up the middle one week doesn't mean it's the same the next. The Roosters expected us to go up the middle and they read it all night. It was all too predictable. We should have played to our own strengths for the majority of the game and at times test the weaknesses up the middle. We went up the middle all night. The changes should have come from the coach. Didn't look like he wanted to divert from his game plan.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When you see how much $$$ in that team of duds I think they meant expensive attacking footy team not expansive they spoke a typo lol
And while we are at it what was Jackson trying to explain at the press conference re "We didn't score well". What on earth is that? The tv I watched showed a team scoring zero so how can use the words score well. Don't know what he was sniffing during the game. shakes my head

Status
Not open for further replies.