Jackson Hastings / Manly Strip Club Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Cant stand Connor McGregor and this guy has the same mug and attitude .

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember Moses Suli fleeting visit?

Yup

Once bitten twice shy

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People will say NO but he's exactly the player we need right now.

75% + goal kicker.
Can play halves or hooker or even lock.
Takes on the line and then draws and passes like Foran.
Kicking game is perfect (imagine Montoya/BMoz)

Give them Cleeland and Frawley, and offer him a conditional contract till end of season with zero tolerance. Play well, no ego, and you get renewed.

If it works out that's awesome, if not we don't renew him.

Bloke is a HUGE talent. Better than Coote, Sezer, and I reckon even Austin.

1. Mbye
6. Hastings
7. Foran
9. Lichaa
14. JMK (in place of Holland)

and you have a VERY solid spine.
I agree

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd give him a chance with a leash tight enough to choke him. He'd have to realise this would be his last crack
He was lucky that Manly offered him a chance and look how that turned out? Some players need time away from the game to appreciate what they have. If it’s purely his personality that rubs people the wrong way he’ll never change

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for me, the biggest issue is the attitude of Hastings' teammates... for example, as big a f*+# up as Todd Carney was, his teammates always went into bat for him... at Canberra even, they went to the club and implored them not to sack Carney

but with Hastings, they want nothing to do with him

that is beyond a run in with a teammate or different personalities or being aloof etc... it speaks to a destructive element in the dressing room which we do not need

pity... the boy was talked up a lot coming up through the grades

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A big over reaction here I can see. Lol

We are not talking Hayne or Todd carney type of nuisance player here . Lol

How is it going to hurt anyone by Getting him on one year contract on minimum wages with strict KPIs? At worst he will be playing reserves for us.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is a talented player, you can’t deny. That breakout season he had at Easts was really good.

Has white line fever massively and can’t handle the team environment without being a flop it seems.

I would be neither for or against a lifeline for the remainder of the season.

Side note - Massoud just reported that Steve Price was in charge when the kid was at St George and he won’t take him even at Warrington in the UK.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pity that society has become so week. I'm sure that in the old days someone like Pay would have straighten him up with kicks up the arse literally.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oozes talent but dad should of wore a condom.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he changes for 5minutes but eventually the dickhead will come out.

Not worth it under any circumstances, we need to do better.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of those ADD fookers, if he beats that then maybe but would rather see how JMK comes along.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd give it a miss with Hastings. Pay has enough on his plate in his first stint as a coach without needing the headache of having to decide if he opts to pick a talented player that rubs the rest of the side the wrong way over someone that might not have shown the same levels of talent, but who fits in well with a team. I think that having a happy playing group is probably more important than having someone that can add moments of individual brilliance. Look at the shit that went down when Barba let his ego take over here. The team looked shit after Barba started acting bigger than the club and the fact that his talent meant it was hard not to pick him made it seem like the club had morale issues. It may not have been Barba's attitude that caused the team to look unhappy all year, but I honestly don't think Pay needs that kind of headache to deal with as a rookie coach and I get the impression that Hastings may just be the type that could put the whole teams attitude offside with his ego.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd give him a chance with a leash tight enough to choke him. He'd have to realise this would be his last crack
I agree with everything you said.
We do have brown tho who is similar to hastings, i.e. can cover same positions. No point in having both of them i think. Brown seems to be out of favour atm.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he was a **** at one club, i'd say yes, but the fact that he is on the nose everywhere he goes, i'd say NO. Team harmony and how the boys get along plays a big role in how the perform on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.