Jackson Hastings / Manly Strip Club Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though Horrie Hastings had not been in his son's life very much, he let everyone know that he backed his son and now hates the club that he once proudly played for.

So much for Roosters culture...he even says that they back you and say they will stand by you but after your usefulness is past they just put you aside.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1690854654313068&id=240608359337712

‘I DON’T HAVE ANY FEELINGS FOR THEM’
KEVIN Hastings spilt blood for his mighty Roosters. A club hall of famer and halfback in Eastern Suburbs’ team of the century.But the passion has gone for ‘Horrie’ Hastings. The Eastern Suburbs legend has had enough of his former club.
I used to work with Mick Francis, he said the same about Souths. Despises them and Craig Coleman and co

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
From a community aspect he seems to be hevily involved in getting out there and doing his part.

I have this feelling he's probably a bit of a joker, and maybe rubs people the wrong way. Maybe it's a case of club culture being incompatible with Hastings than the other way around.

Look at Foran - he's doing great and feels at home with us. Something he has lacked (I'd go as far as saying his entire career).

Sure we can't rehab everyone (Suli/Loko/Ese'ese), but if we try and fail, what do we lose? Frawley and Cleeland are unlikely to be re-signed, so why not take a punt on Hastings in a player swap. We have what Manly need (partners for DCE).

Heck it's that bad in ManlyLand fans are talking about wanting Des or Toovs back!.

I'm thinking to lessen our cap. Get rid of some surplus that won;t be re-signed and is in last year of contract.

Jackson, Tolman, Elliott.
He is simply a dick. Few boys I know at Easts mentioned in video sessions when Hastings was criticised for drop balls, bad kicks he would say "well if Jake passed better I wouldn't of dropped it and I wouldn't of kicked out". The big boil over came from the Anzac game where he had a 3 man overlap and ran himself. That video session he said he "I would of scored if Sam (Moa) and Jared where off the ground running their lines". Fergo roughed him up that session and Trent Robinson didn't intervene. Most of the time I like your opinions but there are only bad signs with this ****, it's like buying a car and knowing the engine is fucked plus Hastings his shit

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Good article here about him:
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...s-nrl-player-revolt/d6m1rtbvv49y1aoqrsoidwocb
Adam Lucius - Published on Apr. 16, 2018

Even Jackson Hastings admits there are two Jackson Hastings.

“I am very competitive, wear my heart on my sleeve, and it probably shows some bad traits at times with the way I handle myself in situations. Off-field, I am completely different and pretty approachable,” the soon-to-be former Manly utility told The Australian’s Brent Read in February.

That’s certainly the Hastings this writer knows.

The 22-year-old is one of the most approachable players in the game.

Where some players will look at the ground as if offering a hello will drain them of a pint of blood, Jackson always greets you with a warm handshake, a smile, a laugh and gives polite and well-thought-out responses to questions.

So how does this same bloke piss teammates off to the point where they want him out of the club?
At the Dragons he was accused of being a big head before being signing with the Roosters just out of the juniors.
At the Roosters, the word was he didn’t know his place and was a ‘showboater’.

Now struggling Manly have had enough, making no real attempt to keep Hastings after a training ground dust-up with Daly Cherry-Evans.
DCE described it as a ‘lovers’ tiff’ but was furious with the lack of respect, while Trent Barrett was just this side of ballistic.

Hastings has played his last game for the Sea Eagles and is now looking for club number four.

One league identity who knows him well talks of him being ‘a loner who struggles to fit in’.
Another said: ‘He just doesn’t show people respect’.

Hastings accepts that he can rub people up the wrong way and sought out professional help last year in a bid to change perceptions.

“There is a lot of deep-seeded stuff you guys and people in the public wouldn’t know about. Everyone is wired different and reacts different to different situations. It is just about controlling my emotions better.” he told Read.

It appears that journey continues, destination unknown.

If his father wasn't around as he was growing up (much like Foran), maybe that's contributed to some depressive/psychological issues there that he needs help with.

Roosters and Manly aren't clubs one should go to carrying such issues, as we know they don't have a good track record of turning troubled players around. Bulldogs do.
Still no.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I just think there are two sides to every story, and we are only hearing one side of it.

Look at the Roosters now... still full of egos and big heads.
Look at Manly ... DCE has an ego and a half.

If we are releasing Frawley and Cleeland anyway whats the harm in asking. If he flunks we release him, if he fires and has a new lease of life here, we get ourselves a very cheap and capable player.

Hastings skillset is exactly what we need to fill a gap...

12 month contract with 0 tolerance, and Manly can have Frawley and Cleeland.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has been banished to Intrust for the rest of the year......

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett has confirmed he won;t be playing for Manly again... (from nrl.com)

Barrett confirms Hastings won't be selected again this year
Author
Dan Walsh
Timestamp
Wed 18 Apr 2018, 08:30 AM
Manly coach Trent Barrett has confirmed utility Jackson Hastings is unlikely to be considered for first grade again this season.

Barrett told media on Wednesday morning the Sea Eagles had sent Hastings back to their Intrust Super Premiership feeder club Blacktown Workers following two recents incidents between the player and captain Daly Cherry-Evans.

"It's unfortunate that it's got to this, but I will say the club has certainly done everything possible over the past 12 months to try and avoid it," Barrett said.

"But we made a decision to put Jackson back to Blacktown. We'll continue to look after his welfare but we've also got a squad to look after.

"This certainly isn't a one-off incident. We have documented a lot of things over the past 12 months. The last formal one was the second of February when we had Jackson in here with the RLPA and his manager, and our welfare officer, to try and work out a plan - to work through some issues to avoid a situation that we've just gone through.

"Unfortunately it was an issue that I saw coming and we tried to address it a long time ago and now it's implicated another player. So it's something we certainly would have rather avoided but we have to make some decisions in the best interest of the team and I've done that, and we just need to try and move forward while still providing Jackson with support."

Barrett said a clash between Hastings and Cherry-Evans was the last straw.

"If it wasn't Cherry, it probably was going to be someone else. It just happened to be our highest-profile player," he said.

"I think Cherry's gone back to clear the air back at the hotel after the game, and as far as we're aware there was an another heated argument."

The coach admitted it was a tough time to lose another player considering Manly's salary cap constraints following cap breaches, and season-ending injuries to forwards Curtis Sironen and Kelepi Tanginoa.

"It's difficult. We are in a difficult position," Barrett said.

"We are short on players. The salary cap situation hasn't helped - it's going to take a fair while to get out of it and there's going to have to be some pretty firm decisions made by the organisation over not just the next few months but next 12 months, it's going to take a while."

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg was happy for the Sea Eagles to handle the matter.

"I'm not sure if I'd say I'm keeping an eye on it. For me, that's a matter between the player and his club. And it's not dissimilar to what might happen at a number of clubs across a season," he said.

"Our welfare guys will talk to the players' association and if there's a role for them to play they'll certainly play it."

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"This certainly isn't a one-off incident. We have documented a lot of things over the past 12 months. The last formal one was the second of February when we had Jackson in here with the RLPA and his manager, and our welfare officer, to try and work out a plan - to work through some issues to avoid a situation that we've just gone through.

"Unfortunately it was an issue that I saw coming and we tried to address it a long time ago and now it's implicated another player. So it's something we certainly would have rather avoided but we have to make some decisions in the best interest of the team and I've done that, and we just need to try and move forward while still providing Jackson with support."

Barrett said a clash between Hastings and Cherry-Evans was the last straw.
AND...it would be a BIG NO from me if this guy was ever offered to our club. This sort of outlines why he has been let go previously, and even though at the time it was thought is was just the chance to play at the Roosters it seems St George were none too impressed with Hastings and his behaviour either.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else think most of this is them trying to clear out and release a player because of their cap situation?

Think about it.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else think most of this is them trying to clear out and release a player because of their cap situation?

Think about it.
No they are already compliant. They don’t need to clear anyone.

He has a history of being a fuckwit.

Barrett even confirmed it, Hastings is a farkhead end of story

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs have enough problems of their own at the moment. They would be silly to risk creating more by going after a player who already has had issues at 3 different clubs. They cant all be wrong.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Artical in the Telegraph today about Manly shopping Hastings around.

We all know he is a pork chop... but would he be worth a try if he is on min wage and Manly kicking in some?

Apparently:
- Pay was in for him during the off season but Manly wouldn't let him go.
- He trained the house down during the off season.

Based on his form at 6 for the Roosters when he has an experienced 7 next to him, he would improve us for sure. His kicking game is top top quality and he is better than JMK in all other areas.

Super talent, could Pay get him to fit in?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hasn’t worked at 3 clubs now and is a headache Pay doesn’t need if it goes pear shaped.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What makes people think that he will all of a sudden change his shit attitude when he arrives here? Guy doesn't respect his teammates or coach.....

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a shame really. The bloke has plenty of talent but at the end of the day it's a team sport and nobody wants him in theirs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a shame really. The bloke has plenty of talent but at the end of the day it's a team sport and nobody wants him in theirs.
It’s a pitty alright

Status
Not open for further replies.