Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
nasheed here,

Coming at you with a question!

Klemmer.
Goose step.

Why does he do this?

Too many times I see him run in, catch the ball and goose step before the line. I see a lot of polys do it too at times but Klem stands out at me how often he does it.

What does he hope to achieve by doing this?
Does he think he’s turned into David Campese?

Firstly, all it does is slow the steam in his run down so he hits the line softer. It serves no purpose unless he steps to the left or the right and changes the angle of his run.

No defender in his right mind goes ‘oh fuck he’s goose stepping and being fancy what the fuck do I do now? They just belt him.

Goose steps rarely work and the only times they have is when a defender is coming from the side in two minds whether to hold back or go in for the tackle. RTS can do it, Campo can do it and no one else can. Let alone a 110 kilo prop running straight into defenders. The only plausible explanation is he’s doing it to re gather his balance. I then question why he is dizzy.

He should stop pretending he’s the wallaby winger and go back to being the Nazi SS Schutzstaffel Romper Stomper future war criminal we all fell in love with back in 2015.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he does it as a way to strengthen his posture and sort of switch gears into smash mode

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dudes biggest problem is he catches the ball flat footed. At his size he should be running onto passes at top speed.

He isn’t taumololo who hits top speed within 3 strides.

By the time he gets moving he does a bunny hop thing. Loses any speed and momentum and ends up getting tackled easy. No offload or pass also means defenders aren’t in 2 Minds.

Teach him how to pass. Get some decoy runners and get him to charge onto the ball and he’ll be unstoppable.

Think the kick off (or was it a drop out) at bsg against storm where he steamrolled several players and ran 30 meters. That should be him a few times a game not once every 3 years. Right now he is a bobcat more then a semi trailer. He is number 1 in post contact meters. But he should be number 1 in tackle breaks. He shouldn’t pump his legs in tackles to make 5 more meters. He should be hitting the ball at full speed and getting through the line. Only person close to full speed at the line is RFM. And we haven’t even used him correctly.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s average at best.
Definitely a shadow of his former self !

Needs to step up

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
He's thinks he's bigger than he is... Also he's started turning in the tackle and landing on his back again..this just gives the defence time to get settled.

If your going to turn unload the fucking ball!!!!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah yes the old Goose step.

I don't know why he does it but it's funny.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly don't see why people think he's average this year.

Most run meters for a forward this season in all clubs. Most hit ups for a forward in the comp. And most post contact metres in the comp.

Not as bad as what people are saying. An offload would be good but he hasn't offloaded much in first grade, ever. Nor has he in the rep games. The only time I remember him offloading at will, was when he was 15kgs fatter and 30kgs bigger than everyone else lol in the 20s.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And he does it for footwork at the line. Not saying it works but that would be my guess as to why he does it.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most run meters for a forward this season in all clubs. Most hit ups for a forward in the comp. And most post contact metres in the comp.
He has been one of our best and most consistent this season and last season. In a couple of games this season he was the only forward making any significant meters and plays long minutes as well.

As well as his goose step he does that funny air humping when he is on his back after a tackle sometimes

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Not as bad as what people are saying. An offload would be good but he hasn't offloaded much in first grade, ever. Nor has he in the rep games. The only time I remember him offloading at will, was when he was 15kgs fatter and 30kgs bigger than everyone else lol in the 20s.
You’re right he’s doing well but if he added some variety ie offload and started charging with more momentum he would end up on his stomach every time leading to lightning quick play the balls. He’s been good but he can be the best if he makes some adjustments

silva

Utility
Reaction score
does it to compensate for his lack of footwork. Should focus on his timing and footwork before the line to get in between defenders more

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s average at best.
Definitely a shadow of his former self !

Needs to step up
You have to keep in mind that he’s no longer an impact player - he’s required to play an average of 60 minutes per game.

His individual hit-ups won’t have the same impact.

He currently has the highest metres run and post contact metres of any forward in the competition.

That said, I think all our forwards (except maybe RFM), Lichaa and Foran need to be better coached on how to get our forwards running onto to ball on the advantage line more effectively.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to keep in mind that he’s no longer an impact player - he’s required to play an average of 60 minutes per game.

His individual hit-ups won’t have the same impact.

He currently has the highest metres run and post contact metres of any forward in the competition.

That said, I think all our forwards (except maybe RFM), Lichaa and Foran need to be better coached on how to get our forwards running onto to ball on the advantage line more effectively.
Fair enough mate, we both make valid points :grinning:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Because he’s really a goose and containing the goose 100% of the time is not that simple ;)

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Agree.
He is doing what he is being asked to do.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

He's going pretty good actually. He also has 7 tackle busts and 4 off loads this season already so he's doing his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.