Moronic footy team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why call the whole team moronic for the mistakes of a few (including refs)? I see the thread as a knee-jerk reaction to the loss, or venting, but it makes no useful point.
Well said.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why not take a gift 2 points to take it out to 8 points and get the ball back? Instead, the spastics hand it over.
Because it was a differential penalty & they were unable to take a shot for goal under the rules.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I would go as far as saying if Mbye played we would've won. If it was him that made the break that Hoppa made he would've been gone.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why call the whole team moronic for the mistakes of a few (including refs)? I see the thread as a knee-jerk reaction to the loss, or venting, but it makes no useful point.
Our ball control and game management in the second half was very poor. Got to admit that the effort was there, and having to defend our line for set after set took the juice out of them. Also losing Mbye and Tolman, and the ref situation didn’t help.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol why????
We got fucked by the ref
No fullback
Bench down to 2
Boys played with heart but no gas in the tank.
I tend to agree
I was impressed by their attitude in defence

That was really pleasing

The refs have been fucking everyone this year
They smashed us in the first half
Evened things up in the second

Losing Mbye early hampered things big time

And playing with a 2 man bench was difficult also

In saying that, we could have still won

And the loss was in our own hands

We should have taken the 2 late in the game

We should have done a lot of things differently that would have changed the game.

I hope our team looks at the positives and moves forward

I thInk the op is too harsh
I think you boxer are to soft

I am sitting right in the middle on this one

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy to say. When you're down two key players, forced to play extra minutes in plus 30 degree heat; have defended valiantly against a 13-4 half time penalty count, it's hard not to make mistakes when that fatigued. I would have been dead on my feet by the 50th minute; we held on until the 76th.
funny when most on the kennel were wanting these two gone last year. Note I said most not all.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just like some of their so called supporters. Real supporters stick solid. I hate losing. It will take 2 or 3 years to rebuild.
I guess having ones own opinion is a bad thing on the kennel these days??? :grinning: Maybe I should get in line with the REAL supporters and become one of the sheep that stick solid, make excuses after every loss and follow blindly, no matter what happens. :grinning: Happy Easter to you Buddy have a safe one.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had heaps of decisions go against us today and we still came within reach of winning that game , very frustrating.
Don't let me hear of anyone calling for the Morris boys to be cut loose next year.
These guys are awesome , total class.
I'd let them decide when to retire , they'll never let any side down.
Partly agree but they are certainly playing a lot better this year than last, hopefully it is the non hasler factor, but it might be also that they are of contract at years end.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I tend to agree
I was impressed by their attitude in defence

That was really pleasing

The refs have been fucking everyone this year
They smashed us in the first half
Evened things up in the second

Losing Mbye early hampered things big time

And playing with a 2 man bench was difficult also

In saying that, we could have still won

And the loss was in our own hands

We should have taken the 2 late in the game

We should have done a lot of things differently that would have changed the game.

I hope our team looks at the positives and moves forward

I thInk the op is too harsh
I think you boxer are to soft

I am sitting right in the middle on this one
We couldn’t take the 2 cause the penalty was from a scrum.
But I’m not losing hope, just imagine how frustrating it is to try your heart out and the ref keeps fucking you ,
Bench down to 2 and with one forward you can expect players to be tiered.
Yes we could’ve won but like I said the boys had nothing left in the tank.

cdunc

New Pup
Reaction score
Lol why????
We got fucked by the ref
No fullback
Bench down to 2
Boys played with heart but no gas in the tank.
Why?? I tell u why have a look atthe 1st 15mins in 2nd half u need to hold the ball 2 win games pretty simple. We complete sets then we win

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Why?? I tell u why have a look atthe 1st 15mins in 2nd half u need to hold the ball 2 win games pretty simple. We complete sets then we win
How can you complete sets under fatigue???
14 -4 penalty count and only 1 forward on the bench tend to do that.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah fair enough but I just think as f###ed as the loss was I still think the team is getting better and it' only the inexeperince of playing together as a team and the drop ball by rookie players that let us down.they are all things that will improve.
A few showed a lot of heart against Souths, especially RFM,Lichaa,Montoya and the twins.
Foran continued to impress and JMK continues to improve.
JJ and Hoppa were mostly solid,even though they played out of position.
Klemmer showed some glimpses of form and hopefully that will continue against the Raiders.
BUT,our bench exposed our weakness with poor ball control,shocking defense and no impact.
I agree we will improve,but I can't disregard that some of the players we fielded this year don't belong in 1st grade and hopefully others will be given a go.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our bench is aweful. The 2 players left on the bench came on and dropped the ball. Our depth is lacking. We are in a rebuilding phase.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Penalties, injuries aside.

So many dumb dropped balls in the second half fucked us royaly.

Malla

Reaction score
Penalties, injuries aside.

So many dumb dropped balls in the second half fucked us royaly.
The drop balls cost us. Fair enough fatigue would have been a genuine excuse but it was our wingers who made them and also Brown who basically dropped the ball off his first run, that led to them just rolling over the top of us in the last 10 you could tell we were clock watching and just absolutely spent. I do believe the result would have been different if we went for the 2 with some 9 mins to go OR even tried for a drop goal.

Either way you live and learn. Hopefully this makes Marshalls decision making better. Kid has serious balls in defence, just hope it doesnt ruin his shoulders like it did Benji early in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.