Josh Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I’ve said before both Morris Boys need to be re-signed for another year on a reduced contract unless we recruit a gun centre and winger. There is NOONE coming up that is in there class to replace them.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Jmoz has been great. What we need is some young savage centres who are difficult to tackle with speed, acceleration and footwork. Jmoz doesn’t have any of that. He does seem to have decent top speed and with a huge headstart he is difficult to run down.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Also his decision making in defence against penrith and souths was good.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You need to make a decision because believe me someone will offer them a decent contract

And they will definately leave as i have told you offline, they are not a priority whatsoever especially with the money they are on. Bmoz was close to leaving end of last year but a few deals fell through

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh has been fantastic this year. There isn't many other good centres and wingers out there. Unless we can get Oates and someone else half decent then I'm all for keeping them. Would hate to let the Morris boys go and replace them with nobody. They keep that edge very solid for us and it's where most of our points have come this season. They've also given up origin so hopefully we can finally get a full season from the both

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think its a big call to say he has been shit for the past 5 years mate.
Yes, it's a big call, reason being the nose whistler made everyone look like crap. He definately did not coach to the players strengths

Reactions: GDR

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Massive Improvement this year BUT has been shit for 5 years and we only four rounds in..

I think it’s a big call to say let’s keep him just yet...
I agree he hasn't displayed the 2012 form,when he won Dally M center of the year,but to say he's been shit last 5 years is talking out of your arse.2 years maybe,his form declined in 2016-17,you are now implying that he was selected to play SOO and for Australia whilst still playing shit.I wonder what you'll call other players that missed out,maybe rubbish,as that seems to be your go to word.
Josh has played over 200 games with passion for our club,scoring over 100 tries suffering multiple injuries.
So please before you discard one of the club's best centers and toss him out like yesterday's dirty laundry,show some respect!
And for those who said keep him for $250k.I say this,you don't humiliate one of our longest serving players,you retire him with the respect he's earned and deserves.That is the true BULLDOGS DNA,our club has been laughed at enough last few years,please let's not join their rout.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love to see how many people on here would get up off the ground after copping a forearm to the throat from Bargearse .... apparently Josh had trouble breathing all weekend

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its a big call to say he has been shit for the past 5 years mate.
I agree 'shit for 5 years' isn't right. The halves JMoz was playing outside were shit for bringing centres into the game and the game plan was crap. He had a couple of average years in 15 and 16 but was pretty good in a shit team last year, and has been better this year. I'd see how he's going about July or August before considering re-signing him or BMoz though. No need to rush that.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree 'shit for 5 years' isn't right. The halves JMoz was playing outside were shit for bringing centres into the game and the game plan was crap. He had a couple of average years in 15 and 16 but was pretty good in a shit team last year, and has been better this year. I'd see how he's going about July or August before considering re-signing him or BMoz though. No need to rush that.
Exactly. It wasnt their fault that the team tactics were shit.
Im not suggesting they be re-signed, but they have started the year well, and come the end of it they may well have played themselves into a new contract.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree he hasn't displayed the 2012 form,when he won Dally M center of the year,but to say he's been shit last 5 years is talking out of your arse.2 years maybe,his form declined in 2016-17,you are now implying that he was selected to play SOO and for Australia whilst still playing shit.I wonder what you'll call other players that missed out,maybe rubbish,as that seems to be your go to word.
Josh has played over 200 games with passion for our club,scoring over 100 tries suffering multiple injuries.
So please before you discard one of the club's best centers and toss him out like yesterday's dirty laundry,show some respect!
And for those who said keep him for $250k.I say this,you don't humiliate one of our longest serving players,you retire him with the respect he's earned and deserves.That is the true BULLDOGS DNA,our club has been laughed at enough last few years,please let's not join their rout.

Yep honour him but don’t win a comp.. that’s our philosophy these days honour all these guys don’t ever tap them on the shoulder..

I do show respect but I tell it as I see it.

This year massive improvement since 2012 hasn’t done much..

Rep sides was picked on past performances

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep honour him but don’t win a comp.. that’s our philosophy these days honour all these guys don’t ever tap them on the shoulder..

I do show respect but I tell it as I see it.

This year massive improvement since 2012 hasn’t done much..

Rep sides was picked on past performances
Sorry mate,not winning the comp has never and will never be our philosophy.The appeasement of being 'also ran' by just making the 8 was Des's and Castle's bullshit talk,to avoid admitting failure. It's a huge ask to expect a center to shine in a team that hasn't shown any attacking flair since 2014.I credit those that have given heart and soul to my club,maybe you expect more,fair enough,you got every right to,but before you conclude he's been shit last 5 years,take some time and view his personal achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.