ANZ Stadium will NOT be knocked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the new stadium at Parramatta is costing around $300M why don’t they just build 4 new stadiums instead each can be build out West, South, East and North therefore our Sydney teams can share the new venues and it will cost around $1.2B which is way under the original proposal?
Like someone said here earlier ANZ stadium is hard to fill so if we leave this venue just for concerts and MAJOR sporting events such as SOO and GF etc then maybe invest in a roof we would attract more concerts there as it would be a better atmosphere in a closed environment and with the new venues built for around 30-35K ppl then clubs like Penrith, Bulldogs and Parramatta can share, Cronulla and Dragons, Tigers, Souths and Roosters and maybe Manly and Newcastle this way all the clubs will have state of the art brand new stadiums!. Let’s face it clubs memberships average around 12-15K ppl.
To me it makes more sense because with building a new Moore Park venue with 40-45K ppl as if the Roosters will half fill this, if we had a smaller world class venue we could fill it and this would be a better sight on TV as let’s face it if we had 20K ppl in a stadium that holds 30K this would be much better on the eye then 20K in a stadium which holds 40-44K or 72K ppl. It’s embarrassing watching the NRL on TV when you can’t even fill the stadium by 25% how will you get excited and promote a game when it’s in a stadium which is 75% empty.?

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The problem we get is that ANZ is still used for the Swans games. On a major AFL game it fills the stadium. They have Spotless stadium next door which is also an oval but there's no seating there (24,000 max)

I don't know why they even built Spotless. They should have played the Giants games at ANZ and made Spotless a rectangle for Soccer and NRL.
Its not used for Swans games

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fucken dickheads.
70% of all money the NSW government spends is spent on health, education and transport. 70 fucken percent !!
Who cares how many more hospitals or schools you could get for $2b ? Do we need them ? Do we have the resources to operate them ?
These stadiums would’ve paid for themselves.
Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
Wow. Have you been to Bankstown or Liverpool Hospitals lately. Have you seen the queues of people? Fuck me people whinge for the sake of whinging on here. I hope you have to sit in Emergency for 8 hours one day waiting to be seen. Who will you whinge to then?

N

Natboy

Wow. Have you been to Bankstown or Liverpool Hospitals lately. Have you seen the queues of people? Fuck me people whinge for the sake of whinging on here. I hope you have to sit in Emergency for 8 hours one day waiting to be seen. Who will you whinge to then?
Yeah mate but they are areas with massive unemployment where people go to emergency because they have a splinter or headache and flash their healthcare card.
So much is spent on health and it’s unfortunate people take advantage of it. We need to invest money, not blow it

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s because they’re full of people with colds.
I’ve never had to wait 8 hours, because I’ve never gone there with a complaint that could wait 8 hours.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
As I understand it, in this new plan only the lower bowl seats will move closer to the field. Hence the nosebleed section will still be a million miles from the action.

All this makes no sense to me as the cost blowout on the westconnex for stage 1 was triple the initial costing (we are talking billions not $500m) and I don’t see the Government being pole axed for their level of incompetence there.

N

Natboy

As I understand it, in this new plan only the lower bowl seats will move closer to the field. Hence the nosebleed section will still be a million miles from the action.
I’m looking forward to seeing the actual plans. It’s good they will reward people paying more for tickets but I’m very curious exactly how they will do it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If they're not going to knock down and rebuild then they're better off not touching it and pissing money away for no reason. Useless idiots.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

All this makes no sense to me as the cost blowout on the westconnex for stage 1 was triple the initial costing (we are talking billions not $500m) and I don’t see the Government being pole axed for their level of incompetence there.
That's why I reckon the idea has changed. Costings probably came back something stupid like $4 billion to knockdown and rebuild it. Remember that $2.5 billion was only an approximate costing.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our government at the moment is an incompetent bunch that are so worried about their lack of popularity that they'll change plans whenever something seems unpopular, unless that unpopular plan is to sell off one of our national assets or to bend over backwards for overseas mining interests. It's really sad to me. The thing that is even worse is that while the current government are achieving nothing, they're continuously throwing the blame for their failures at the opposition and plenty of people will start to judge based off the repetitive criticism in the media.

I'd almost guarantee that Westconnex will be sold off to an overseas interest when it's done, but maintenance will remain a government responsibility.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was happy when I saw the news.
We will get better seats & a roof without being forced to drive to some shithole like Belmore or Parramatta every week for a few years
And Alan Jones gets his nice new corporate box at the SFS.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our government at the moment is an incompetent bunch that are so worried about their lack of popularity that they'll change plans whenever something seems unpopular, unless that unpopular plan is to sell off one of our national assets or to bend over backwards for overseas mining interests. It's really sad to me. The thing that is even worse is that while the current government are achieving nothing, they're continuously throwing the blame for their failures at the opposition and plenty of people will start to judge based off the repetitive criticism in the media.

I'd almost guarantee that Westconnex will be sold off to an overseas interest when it's done, but maintenance will remain a government responsibility.
Well, they're about to privatise the Bankstown line and put everyone onto buses for over a year while it is converted into a metro. Getting to Lidcombe will be an interesting trip, even when the metro is finished.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Look, the decision to knock down ANZ stadium was a dumb decision, refurb would have made sense.

SFS, I don't understand how this stadium got so dated so quickly but the SCG trust are the ones who should take responsibility for this.

In regards to this, the Government got their priorities wrong by knocking downt he SFS and not refurbing ANZ stadium. I doubt there would be any money left for ANZ stadium to be refurbed with most of the money going to SFS after the costs blow out.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Its the shittest stadium ..sit so far away
Allianz is actually much better youre on top of the action doesnt need to be rebuilt just a spruse up. Fkn spastics

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its the shittest stadium ..sit so far away
Allianz is actually much better youre on top of the action doesnt need to be rebuilt just a spruse up. Fkn spastics
I wonder what happens to the screens they just put in recently :p such a waste of its getting knocked down.

Also I enjoy games at Allianz. They just need better toilets and that which I’m sure with a couple of hundred million you can fix. But the biggest complaint from the roosters and co was for corporate boxes.

Problem with anz is it’s a circle stadium with a rectangle field. Last time I checked a rectangle doesn’t fit in a circle hole. But I’m sure the government has a way to jam it in and do something half assed like the original m5.

I was at the game yesterday sitting on the try line. I could not see what was happening at the other end. Couldn’t see jersey numbers let alone field position. Ok my eyesight might not be great. But if you can’t see a footy game from one corner of the field something isn’t right.

Then you look up at the pixelated screen that looks like the size of an iPad from the opposite side of the field, your viewing pleasure is appalling. Add in 5 dollar waters and there is a reason we couldn’t get 35k yesterday.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe the idea will be to keep the external shell of ANZ, and pretty much redesign everything inside it (seating, field, amenities, etc etc).

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I wonder what happens to the screens they just put in recently :p such a waste of its getting knocked down.

Also I enjoy games at Allianz. They just need better toilets and that which I’m sure with a couple of hundred million you can fix. But the biggest complaint from the roosters and co was for corporate boxes.

Problem with anz is it’s a circle stadium with a rectangle field. Last time I checked a rectangle doesn’t fit in a circle hole. But I’m sure the government has a way to jam it in and do something half assed like the original m5.

I was at the game yesterday sitting on the try line. I could not see what was happening at the other end. Couldn’t see jersey numbers let alone field position. Ok my eyesight might not be great. But if you can’t see a footy game from one corner of the field something isn’t right.

Then you look up at the pixelated screen that looks like the size of an iPad from the opposite side of the field, your viewing pleasure is appalling. Add in 5 dollar waters and there is a reason we couldn’t get 35k yesterday.
Yeh allianz is awesome stadium for league

Status
Not open for further replies.