Josh Morris to second row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could Josh Morris make a good second row, if rumours are correct Mr Tolman is off to the sharks leaving jj to lock , i think that would suit him better, is Josh Morris fit enough to play second row, he is fast and a wicked defender ..?.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad suggestion but I think our backline is weak defensively right now, so I do not think pay will do it.

Plus we have a wealth of good backrowers coming through.. rhyse Martin (can kick goals), fine, okubur etc. I’d rather blood them.

The main benefit I see from shipping tolman off is, yes Jacko to Lock but also it opens up a bench position for tualau or Ogden to take a spot. I’m a fan of tualau because he hits the line hard and reminds me of Jason tamololo.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Change title to Josh Morris to super league

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok just a thought but if josh morris goes to second row it would leave a chance to purchase a youn g strong fast centre that can freaks and the line and set up his singersr , we havent had one for a while ,maybe the time isnt right just yet

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can barely make an impact at cente, probably won't make one in the backrow..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would need a full pre-season to get used to the extra workload in the back row and then there’s no guarantee he will be good there. Josh has been a great player but I think we should move on from him after this year.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt whether he would want to this late in career.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He just had a great game on weekend and showed he still has pace..

Would not move him

We do need some forwards and the juniors dont look like their ready for NRL so time to hit the market

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We might regret big time letting go of both Kennar and Bronko. Dreading the thought of Bronko playing against us after someone has taught him how to tackle.
Centre is one position where we don't seem to have much depth, or up and commers with real potential.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rushes out of the line too much to be a second rower. Need to stand your ground and drive with the legs in tackles. Morris usually charges out and try to wrap up the fullback or centre before they can set up the outside man.

Not too sure why parking fine doesn't get much game time? Is it an attitude or training thing? Or is it ability? More size and speed then Eliliott, Is it suspect defence? At least with Asipeli on the bench you have a player that can slot into the 3/4 line no problems. And if he is only playing 20-25 mins you would think fatigued wouldn't be an issue. Just get him to rip in for a few sets then take him off.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't like the idea of transitioning old centres to the 2nd row.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is only one way find out...the question would Pay take a gamble on it?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I think he and Brett will go to England together. Maybe get a 1 year deal with Bulldogs and he across to the super league.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could Josh Morris make a good second row, if rumours are correct Mr Tolman is off to the sharks leaving jj to lock , i think that would suit him better, is Josh Morris fit enough to play second row, he is fast and a wicked defender ..?.
Lol, no way! He'll be a big horses arse in the second row.
You must be bored.

My non bias view on JMoz:
I still think he's a great centre, any centre under Des would have been hindered in their ability purely based on the flat structure we had.
I think you will find he will have a great year this year, he will have more opportunities to score tries.
I've heard and read some people talk about his defence as being just ok, I disagree, I think he's an outstanding defender.
I watch him closley, he shuts down a lot of the attack comming his way, he puts his body on the line and always give his best.
I think his critics are a bit unfair at times considering he's had to play outside an average set of halves for the most part of 10 years, and the reason why people think he's lost his pace but really he hasn't, he just hasn't been given attacking opportunities.
Last week in his intercept try, the chasing panthers were quick and had youth on their side and didn't really gain much ground on him and Josh is well over thirty years old.

200 games at the club, has been quoted saying he loves the club.....my wish is for him to win a tilte with the dogs, he deserves it.
And anyone who doesn't think he's a bulldog great should see a psychiatrist. He's spilt a lot of blood for the dogs.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Fucking hell no!!!!
Jmoz scored a hundred meter try his still got legs .

Status
Not open for further replies.