Our Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Round 1 and 2 were not pretty at all,there were glimpses of how good our attack could be, and a lot of miss reads an defensive mistakes..
fast forward 1 week,round 3! we came out an played a very good game without being great.We are building very well as a unit,starting to gel and you could tell the boys were playing for one another.

Something very special is on the cards!! once we tighten up our defence the attack will flow and we will have a nice balanced team that can make a good push for the eight

Thoughts? Opinions?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think there's a sign of life... More adrenalin

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I totally agree,once our d especially on hoppas side is sorted we will be a good team

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Round 1 and 2 were not pretty at all,there were glimpses of how good our attack could be, and a lot of miss reads an defensive mistakes..
fast forward 1 week,round 3! we came out an played a very good game without being great.We are building very well as a unit,starting to gel and you could tell the boys were playing for one another.

Something very special is on the cards!! once we tighten up our defence the attack will flow and we will have a nice balanced team that can make a good push for the eight

Thoughts? Opinions?
I wasn't too impressed, and I don't think Dean Pay would be either. We let the Panthers back into the game in the 2nd half, and they had no halfback. I'm not sure what the hell happened. Hey, the Panthers tend to be our bogey team, and I'll take the win anyday, but I was not impressed at all.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree Wahesh, we seemed to play as to protect a lead and let them back into it. We dont this also last year when we would get a lead. Our defense was alot more impressive though. Tolman was better in at Lock then coming off the bench and providing nothing. And no I havent lokked at stats, I just watch the game. Not a stats man haha
Jackson either is in a form slump or the pressure of Captian has got to him, this is something that needs attention ASAP.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thoughts? Opinions?
Making the 8 isnt good enough. You ever heard the saying "your first or your last". If we dont win the comp it will be a failed season.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Our d really needs to tighten up. We've got the points in us to beat the Rabbits but they seem to be breaking the line at will at the moment and Cook has the potential to kill us from dummy half.

Good line speed, make those one on ones and wrap the ball up and we'll win.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First half was good, second half wasnt so good..

2 points.. need to build off it

The next month will show us alot whether or not we are improving and whether we can match with other teams

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never think of hoppa defensive liability.

But it’s funny, des got rid of Lafai, for hoppa because the former wasn’t apparently aiming in defence.

By the looks of things, we got the same deal but without the dynamic attack. Fuck you des.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Making the 8 isnt good enough. You ever heard the saying "your first or your last". If we dont win the comp it will be a failed season.
You are kidding yourself. Top 8 and scoring more than 400 points in the season is a good result after last year. The roster will need a few tweeks before we can start looking at winning a comp.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Planet earth to EB18, you there mate? :grinning:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wasn't too impressed, and I don't think Dean Pay would be either. We let the Panthers back into the game in the 2nd half, and they had no halfback. I'm not sure what the hell happened. Hey, the Panthers tend to be our bogey team, and I'll take the win anyday, but I was not impressed at all.
We are not the only side to have let them back in the game but we were the only one to actually beat them. Penrith have been down 14-0 at some stage in all of their games this year. We did enough to win without being brilliant but better than last year in attack. D needs work but that will come too, we have had to get used to a completely different style of play after all. Throwing caution to the wind a bit without that pesky keep the ball at all costs attitude.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You are kidding yourself. Top 8 and scoring more than 400 points in the season is a good result after last year. The roster will need a few tweeks before we can start looking at winning a comp.
Time will tell and people tend to forget or at least be a bit unforgiving of the bugs that still need to be ironed out. New combos will form and players will settle in their new positions. I am willing to give them time after the horror that was the last few years; a change is as good as a holiday they say and at least in some facets of the game we have had some positive results.I have seen a difference in attack which has been good and a change in defence which has been frustrating. I remember the old days where we entertained ;then too we also gave up what some may consider easy points with defensive lapses but with time we gained a good balance of each and became a better side. Believe we can do that again. Win the comp this year??Would be nice but I reckon would also be an over achievement.

Will you be at ANZ this Friday? The fact that seating is not as it is for home games may mean that our paths may not cross this week but look forward to seeing you and yours at a few games during the year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still think we will come good and are on the up once our combinations improve particularly in defence and i think we will surprise alot of people and make the 8

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not good enough.. We have a new coach,couple of players in new positions,a new half back and 5/8 and making the eight is not good enough??.mate I would be proud of the boys effort To make the 8.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Biggest issue for me is I think our forwards collectively look soft.
No aggression in defence.
And their not making many meters with the ball either.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We are definitely looking better, but lack a distinct sting in attack just as present.

That will come.

I just hope we can keep Foran fit, because if he goes down we are fucked.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not good enough.. We have a new coach,couple of players in new positions,a new half back and 5/8 and making the eight is not good enough??.mate I would be proud of the boys effort To make the 8.
We are the bulldogs mate. Medociscy is never tolerant at belmore. Ive never seen so much loser talk in my life. We win or we have failed simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.