So glad it seems we have finally found our long term fullback in Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is a tough **** to. He wasn’t scared to stand his ground and catch the when the opposition were trying straight at him and instead of going to ground to minimize impact he stayed upright to see if the break was on.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Des is a fuckin idiot for tryna play him as halfback. Look at the bloke 3 games in at fb and he's more of a threat than he ever was in the 7 jumper. I'm so happy he has finally found his position in this team.

Mikehnz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Loved the idea since before the season.. he's a runner. Also a big help that he can put a decent kick in @ the end of sets.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Goes to show how shite Voldersnort was, Mbye always showed traits of having a decent FB in him......could see it years ago.
GrogDog, I, like you saw it years ago as well. I couldn’t workout why Des didn’t try him there. He’s a top runner of the ball!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only a matter of time before they figure him out. But it does look good.

Commentators were saying to approach with a straight line, as a staggered line will result in mbye burning you with footwork and speed.
He split Melbourne with his first touch and their line was perfect speed and footwork will crack any line it's his speed over the first 10 that just burns *****

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like Mbye has done well without even being utilised well. He is yet to see a short ball/ line break to race away in our own attacking 50. He is yet to pounce off an offload from a big forward. The boys need to identify this and experiment. I reckon we will see more inside ball passes to Mbye and offloads to Mbye in the coming weeks. Not sure if anyone saw against the Roosters when the dogs were attacking on 50m in the second half when Mbye saw a perfectly set inside ball. The Roosters read it well, but he almost broke the tackle

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He will have off games at fb and I just hope he doesn't get fucken pasted in here .His first three games at fb have been a fucking revelation he did have a few hiccups positionaly.he can tackle he can step and he runs like the wind blows what more can you ask for

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I had him in my fantasy team hoping for this exact scenario boom!

Cash cow
I was going to put him in this week but would have had to restack my team to afford it. I will bother to do so this week. Have a feeling it wont be his last high scoring game in fantasy. Make him captain for double points. Can u change captain? Im going to check.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Only a matter of time before they figure him out. But it does look good.
Commentators were saying to approach with a straight line, as a staggered line will result in mbye burning you with footwork and speed.
Problem with that approach is it leaves you wide open and having to dedicate a few defenders to cover him. Also means if he decides to go the low percentage danger play (like a chip over the top), it's a 6 point mistake.

Speaking of which that's now another option for us with Mbyes speed off the mark.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
@Freakzilla you mentioned this 4 years ago and many laughed at you... Maybe we should have been the coach of the DOgs... haha
I'm ahead of my time lol. Everything I say people bag me then 3-4 years latter they agree.

It was obvious that he hated thinking too much and couldn't direct the team around the park. Playing fullback frees him of that and he can play his natural game. Just let him run and chime in with playmaking when need be.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has been great in attack, but I am still reserving my judgement because I haven't seen him play a game at fullback where he has been peppered with bombs. That is the true test. Pass that test multiple times & he will be a winner.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I'm ahead of my time lol. Everything I say people bag me then 3-4 years latter they agree.

It was obvious that he hated thinking too much and couldn't direct the team around the park. Playing fullback frees him of that and he can play his natural game. Just let him run and chime in with playmaking when need be.
Maybe we will see Olive in 1st grade in 4 years time :sweatsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.