Controversy to end Bronco's v Tigers - Refs boss admits wrong call made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't see it but nothing surprises me with refereeing these days. I only watch the Bulldogs play these days. I used to watch as many matches as I could over most weekends and never missed an origin match once upon a time. Aside from Bulldogs games I've probably watched less than an hour of football in the last two years. It disgusts me that referees are such a protected species when they make blatant wrong calls that steer so many matches to an unfair conclusion. It's a HUGE conflict of interest that part of an NRL sponsorship deal is composed of a percentage of gambling takings. It surprises me that it's legal.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All of a sudden a ref blows a penalty in golden point after not doing it for years. Not only that it's a marginal call at best so just don't blow the whistle. The ref was fooled by the person playing the ball moving sideways after he played it. Not having a decent goal kicker cost the Tigers as well.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was looking but couldn't see no penalty, they can't just pull a rule out of their ass at the end of the game.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
8 of the Broncos 9 points came from penalties. #PenaltyBroncos

Klein needs to be sacked. Knowing the NRL, Sutton bros & DeKlein will be assigned to our game against Souths.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone must have gotten a different game to me, the marker wasn't square. :tongueclosed:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There's no way they can argue this one:
1. If markers WEREN'T square, then Tigers should have got a penalty about 5 minutes earlier for Broncos doing the exact same thing.
2. If markers WERE square, then the penalty should not have been blown.

Whichever way you look at it, Tigers were not given a fair chance to win the game, which has deprived them of potential earnings (as I'm sure you get more money for winning a game from NRL).

Therefore if I was the Tigers board, I'd be launching legal action against the NRL, stating they were not given a fair chance to contest the game and either demanding equal share of points/money for the win, or a rematch.

Sooner or late a clubs going to do it and only then will we see the refs answer for their stuffups.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If the Broncos got robbed i couldn't give a shit but when another team bar the roosters get robbed i'm fucking pissed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.