So glad it seems we have finally found our long term fullback in Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised no-one is talking about this as a major subject. After the Panthers game it would certainly seem we have finally found our long term and even "rockstar" fullback. Mbye should get even better with experience. I had doubts myself at first to be honest as I thought he was lazy but in tonight's game he showed he can definitely handle the position full time. Just goes to show how much better even a rookie coach like Pay is at spotting natural ability and playing players in a position suited to their skills, compared to Hasler who for a whole season tried to make players something they were NOT. What a fraud. So glad now (especially as we missed out on RTS) that we can spend our time shopping for quality outside backs although I think we could get another season out of the Morris bro who are still playing well and still have the speed to match it with most younger backs. Think we can do better than Montoya though. He is a good steady winger but we could do with someone more explosive who creates breaks / tries from nothing.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s dangerous as fuck returning the ball against a staggered line.

I don’t feel like he’s been tested just yet but in attack he’s been super impressive for me. I got a massive chub when he split Melbourne apart with his first touch of the season.

He’s like a more robust Barba.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
hes been fantastic in attack and real shinning light.. however his positional play in defence needs a lot of work , so far hes virtually posed no threat as a last line of defence when our line is broken .. but that definately can be worked on .. however what he does in attack cannot be taught .. its electric...

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He must of forgot he was playing fullback when he chased hard out of marker to get Maloney. Soon as Maloney kicked i thought the worst as no one was back, lucky no points though....
Took some good high balls, attack obviously great, a few times on our goal line he wasnt trailing behind the line. However Jackson said in the press conference that moses was talking alot on the line and organising the defence, so he is very busy and probably will take time to do many tasks at once.
Overall i think he is developing nicely and will definitely be our long term fullback.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fullback is a position that really asks a lot out of a player. To be great he has a lot to learn and he will over time but what he does have is something that can't be taught and something you need to have to be considered great. He is now the sort of player that has the opposition on red alert every time he receives the ball and also gives our boys & supporters hope.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
His trajectory at fullback is sky high. Absolutely amazing footwork, and this is where I see Des fucking up for the past 4 years, Des got into the mindset that Mbye could be another Milford. Bottom line is you don’t make Mbye organise the attack, HE IS THE ATTACK. Period.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has broken the line with a kick return in each game, only a matter of time until he goes the field and scores. Also made a million tackle breaks last night, brushed by defenders with ease.

Still plenty he needs to work on, but what he is doing he is doing really well. High ball is still a bit shitty under pressure, however that should improve the more he plays. Also need to be more involved through the middle and look to trail forwards like Woods and RFM instead of just playing the edges, should get there with match fitness and the more he learns in the position.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has broken the line with a kick return in each game, only a matter of time until he goes the field and scores. Also made a million tackle breaks last night, brushed by defenders with ease.

Still plenty he needs to work on, but what he is doing he is doing really well. High ball is still a bit shitty under pressure, however that should improve the more he plays. Also need to be more involved through the middle and look to trail forwards like Woods and RFM instead of just playing the edges, should get there with match fitness and the more he learns in the position.
I had him in my fantasy team hoping for this exact scenario boom!

Cash cow

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I had him in my fantasy team hoping for this exact scenario boom!

Cash cow
Yh i have him in SC. Spewing we played so negatively in the 2nd half as he would of kicked on with another try involvement or two.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm surprised no-one is talking about this as a major subject. After the Panthers game it would certainly seem we have finally found our long term and even "rockstar" fullback. Mbye should get even better with experience. I had doubts myself at first to be honest as I thought he was lazy but in tonight's game he showed he can definitely handle the position full time. Just goes to show how much better even a rookie coach like Pay is at spotting natural ability and playing players in a position suited to their skills, compared to Hasler who for a whole season tried to make players something they were NOT. What a fraud. So glad now (especially as we missed out on RTS) that we can spend our time shopping for quality outside backs although I think we could get another season out of the Morris bro who are still playing well and still have the speed to match it with most younger backs. Think we can do better than Montoya though. He is a good steady winger but we could do with someone more explosive who creates breaks / tries from nothing.
Mansour.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
High ball where he has to jump is a concern, he dropped it this game and another game, if my memory serves me correct it's 0 out of 2 where he had to leave the ground and catch it.

Hopefully that gets better

But other than that as he grows into the position he's going to be great and as he loves a broken line to return to other teams kick chases won't be as effective as previous seasons where they knew they could just speed up the chases and tackle our ineffective fullbacks

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yh i have him in SC. Spewing we played so negatively in the 2nd half as he would of kicked on with another try involvement or two.
Yeah mate our second half definitely had that play not to lose’ style about it

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Goes to show how shite Voldersnort was, Mbye always showed traits of having a decent FB in him......could see it years ago.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah mate our second half definitely had that play not to lose’ style about it
Yh it was shit. We also looked exhausted and that will probably be an issue for another day. Commitment was there though.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only a matter of time before they figure him out. But it does look good.

Commentators were saying to approach with a straight line, as a staggered line will result in mbye burning you with footwork and speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.