R3 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How many rounds will it take before people start whinging about Dean Pay changing the Tuesday line-up?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cowboys had the advantage of two good experienced backrowers which is why Hess was brought along slowly. We don't have that advantage, in some cases we're forced to throw the kids into the deep end and depending on the kid it's either a success or not.
You might be misunderstanding me. My point is the we didn't throw them in at all. We just kept using the same players without developing the young ones. As a result most of our young players left for other clubs and we went downhill in the reggies. Elliott, Montoya, RFM and that's about it in terms of whose been given a shot in the past 3 years. Now at least we have JMK, Brown and Fine already getting a shot and hopefully a couple of others will get a taste of just how big a jump FG is. It will not only better prepare them but make them hungrier to get to the top and we get to see if they really have something or whether they are just good second graders.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So roll call, who's going to the game???

I'll be there, probably have to get there early because of the damned easter show
Na. Can't make it - have to go to the Firemans Ball in Cockle Bay but the other 10 in my family will be there!!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would have Cook back in a heart beat

Jackson Hastings
Mitch Rein
Danny Levi
James Segeyaro
Cook maybe, but the rest no thanks. Lichaa with more freedom this season looks alot better.

JP

Waterboy
Reaction score
Im not all that concerned about the result, yeah sure it would be nice to win, all I wanna see is the bloody forwards winding up from the back fence and having a real crack at hurting the opposing big boppers, none of this reversing into the defensive line hoping for an offload, offloads come from bending the defensive line hard, doing this then inevitable you may see Foran take control of the game with his direct style of play, and I am sick of an $800000 prop always being third man in, fkn harden up and do you're job, hell even Tolman has a crack nearly always being first man in and last man up slowing the play the ball, cmon forwards rip shit and tear is what I wanna see, and I won't even talk about the speed of our defensive line, lol.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have never seen Garlick play so can't comment on him. Great news if we have another good option there. What about Woodford?

Pay has stated several times he want more ball transition. And after watching the Storm tonight I can see why. Smith hangs in the middle and when they transition from edge to edge he plays as a link between Croft and Munster. Even the Cowboys did it well but a bit different. Either way to execute the passes need to be fast and accurate. Leicha can't even offer a poor mans version of this.

Leicha's passing absolutely disrupts our forward roll and ball transition, it obvious. Passing is primary and running is secondary for a 9. For me he has shown no improvement on last year. If Pay is serious about competition for places Brown or JMK starting at 9 has to be on the radar.
I thought that Garlick went well at dummy-half last week. Passed well from the ground. His old-man was a good player should have taught him something.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hope that's true re Tualau... we need more size/impact of the bench, and I reckon he could fire up and give us long needed agro off the bench.

If it's an Instagram story pretty sure it disappears once read (or something like that).

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope that's true re Tualau... we need more size/impact of the bench, and I reckon he could fire up and give us long needed agro off the bench.

If it's an Instagram story pretty sure it disappears once read (or something like that).
What were the details??? Did he say tualau is playing or.....???

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Never read so much bullshit in one article. Hasler was done well before last season finished.
Rome wasn't built in a day. Lets keep teams to a respectable score, then we'll move forward. Every team can score tries. The teams who are a force, can defend.

I am not in the "we'll win the comp this year" camp. I am in the "2018/2019 are rebuilding years" camp. I want to see progressive improvement week to week. 2020, we win the comp!!!!
Then don't use words like "I don't care".If you used the above post originally you wouldn't have got a hostile reaction from me as in most part I agree with you.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Then don't use words like "I don't care".If you used the above post originally you wouldn't have got a hostile reaction from me as in most part I agree with you.
Wow... really got your panties in a twist over my post....

Does my opinion really matter that much to you?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Our final sides been kept very quiet so far....

Even Captains Run pictures give nothing away.

I guess we find out in about 20 minutes time.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There was a whisper earlier in the week that Brown could start at 6. Really hope this doesn't happen.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No late changes we are as per program.

Status
Not open for further replies.