Consolidated Leagues Club Board Election Thread (Coorey Chairman P29)

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

Mr I, with your obvious negativity/hate of the current board/club/women in power you should stand down as a mod as you cannot possibly remain impartial.
Don’t forget, others read this forum & I wouldn’t be surprised if your posts make up 95% of people like Dean Ritchie’s recent articles about the fans turning on the club

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've got no problem supporting whoever, but when personal agendas and control are put above working towards the betterment of the club, and that position was attained by virtue of pulling the emotional heartstrings of voters and using the 'family club' line, that annoys me.

Boards should be not seen or heard... There are 15 other clubs in the NRL. How often do you hear about their boards?

There's a video doing the rounds at the moment that shows gloating by a supporter of one camp. If that hits the media things will get even muddier, and questions raised as to not only what was said in the video, but more importantly WHY it was said. The inference of agendas in it could not be any clearer.
Lets see. We've heard about the Wests board and in fighting, Parramatra board, Cronulla board member on drugs, disgruntled Knights supporters in the past re their board, Storm noard who cheated.....errr yeah your right. Never hear about others.

N

Natboy

Lets see. We've heard about the Wests board and in fighting, Parramatra board, Cronulla board member on drugs, disgruntled Knights supporters in the past re their board, Storm noard who cheated.....errr yeah your right. Never hear about others.
Manly & Souths spring to mind too

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mr I, with your obvious negativity/hate of the current board/club/women in power you should stand down as a mod as you cannot possibly remain impartial.
Don’t forget, others read this forum & I wouldn’t be surprised if your posts make up 95% of people like Dean Ritchie’s recent articles about the fans turning on the club
You know what .. you're right..

In between the satan worshipping, the goat slaughtering, the human sacrificing, and the human slavery forum moderation keeping me busy I am finding myself less and less time to dedicate towards the hatred of woman in positions of power.

As such I am officially standing down as moderator of:
satanworshippingforum.com.net.au.uk
quickneasygoatslaughteringforum.net.au.com
humansacrificeslolhappyfuntimesforum.net.uk.com.org
humanslavesstraight2urdoorforum.com.au.org.com

and deregistering:
ihatewomaninpositionsofpowerforum.au.com.org.uk.net.org

so that I can dedicate far more time being an attentive moderator here.

Nah nah in all seriousness lets address these issues one by one as there's nothing that can't be fixed.

Obvious Negativity - You mean I'm the only one complaining about losing the first two games of the season? That's news to me!

Hatred of Current Board ... something something throwing stones glasshouses

As long as this Marroun 5 bloke does the right thing by our club I’m happy
re Marroun
We’ve replaced one dodgy **** with another. I’m really not sure why though
and this
It’s quite simple, Turvey was on scum Dib’s ticket
Hatred of Club - Yeah ... 10 years as a member here, following the club for over 30 years. Yup ... clearly I hate it. Nope, I just hate those that want to use it for their own advantage/grandstanding. Clearly some out there think the salary cap breach days were a "good time" in club history.

Hatred of Woman in Power - Where do you get this from? I already explained I can't stand incompetence and unprofessionalism. I've already stated there are heaps of successful woman in business out there.

Do you hear me complain about the woman who runs Red Balloon?
Do you hear my complain about the woman who runs St George/NAB/Westpac?
Do you hear me complain about the woman who runs Mecca cosmetics?
Do you hear me complain about the current Australian of the Year who is revolutionising Quantum Computing?

(the answers are nope by the way and I could go on and on and on).

As for remaining impartial... this is an OPINION forum. There is no impartiality here, everyone has an opinion.

Lets see.
Ermm I said how often. We are in the paper far too often this year and last as a board. They are one offs, and now you barely hear of them.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously? You’ve got to stop defending James/Gabby, I also know of his family but more importantly know of some of his business dealings. That aside his actions at Begnall Oval that day are indefensible & inexcusable & not the fabric/conduct acceptable under any circumstance let alone of a board member.
Good for you mate. I don't know the bloke and don't want to know him. There can never be any excuse for abusing match officials whether they are in the right or the wrong. The trouble is this bloke in the 10 seconds he was on the board has tarnished the reputation of our club yet again. Even if what he did was "not as bad as we think" he did something and that something is not acceptable and should not be acceptable ever.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hatred of Woman in Power - Where do you get this from? I already explained I can't stand incompetence and unprofessionalism. I've already stated there are heaps of successful woman in business out there.
I'm not going to get into this again about our women in power. However, there are a few people not Mr I who hate on women in power because they are women. Mr I at least attempts to back it up with his opinion based on (sometimes dodgy) facts.

But there is a big anti-women in power issue with other posters on this forum. I don't think Mr I is one of those idiots. He's just upset his team lost.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's just upset his team lost.
I wouldn't even say that... having just got over Des completely sucking any life out of our club, I just want things solid and stable on and off field this year.

Last year was that bad (as mentioned before), I almost stopped watching games altogether.

This year I was excited (and still am) for what's to come. I just don't want people off the field fucking that up for us.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I acknowledged the stuff ups of the board.

But as I keep saying: They weren't Leagues Club fuckups, they were Football Club fuckups, and despite a turnaround towards the end, the damage was already done, and the sympathy vote came home strong.

I didn't take pleasure in peoples health concerns. If you comprehended my post correctly that was unbundantely clear.

If you must know though the source for that one was a Twitter post.

The video I'm talking about might end up in the media anyway, but as it stands I don't have permission to release it publically from those involved. If it comes out though (it's only like 30 seconds long) but eyebrows will rise.

There might be more coming out soon - stay tuned.

So much so that he sponsors Luke Brooks and the Tigers.

Oh wait... they aren't Bulldogs players/Bulldogs.
Little do you know mate, he loves the club from what I've seen and heard. the bloke has done nothing wrong to this club. Shouldn't have copped the bullshit from the media, they obviously don't have anything better to talk about and whoever leaked this crap to the media obviously is selfish and doesn't give a crap about this club. We should be supporting this club no matter what.

N

Natboy

You know what .. you're right..

In between the satan worshipping, the goat slaughtering, the human sacrificing, and the human slavery forum moderation keeping me busy I am finding myself less and less time to dedicate towards the hatred of woman in positions of power.

As such I am officially standing down as moderator of:
satanworshippingforum.com.net.au.uk
quickneasygoatslaughteringforum.net.au.com
humansacrificeslolhappyfuntimesforum.net.uk.com.org
humanslavesstraight2urdoorforum.com.au.org.com

and deregistering:
ihatewomaninpositionsofpowerforum.au.com.org.uk.net.org

so that I can dedicate far more time being an attentive moderator here.

Nah nah in all seriousness lets address these issues one by one as there's nothing that can't be fixed.

Obvious Negativity - You mean I'm the only one complaining about losing the first two games of the season? That's news to me!

Hatred of Current Board ... something something throwing stones glasshouses

re Marroun

and this

Hatred of Club - Yeah ... 10 years as a member here, following the club for over 30 years. Yup ... clearly I hate it. Nope, I just hate those that want to use it for their own advantage/grandstanding. Clearly some out there think the salary cap breach days were a "good time" in club history.

Do you hear me complain about the woman who runs Red Balloon?
Do you hear my complain about the woman who runs St George/NAB/Westpac?
Do you hear me complain about the woman who runs Mecca cosmetics?
Do you hear me complain about the current Australian of the Year who is revolutionising Quantum Computing?

(the answers are nope by the way and I could go on and on and on).

As for remaining impartial... this is an OPINION forum. There is no impartiality here, everyone has an opinion.

Ermm I said how often. We are in the paper far too often this year and last as a board. They are one offs, and now you barely hear of them.
I’m sure you love the dogs but your constant criticism of Raelene & Lynn makes that very difficult to see mate. You have said you don’t even go to games despite living in Sydney but you’re so vocal about how things are run. Maybe get involved a bit?

As for my quotes, there is no context but all I want to do is move forward and give my support to the club, you seem to do the opposite.

Raelene is running the ARU, Dib back to giving dodgy financial advise & Lynn is the chairwoman. That’s not changing anything soon so time to move on and be positive

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sport Confidential Part 1: Banned Bulldog quits League Club board

DISGRACED junior rugby league trainer James Marroun has stepped down from the Canterbury Leagues Club board after barely a week in the role following the threat of an investigation into the controversial property developer’s appointment.

A Liquor and Gaming NSW spokesman said it was imperative that registered club board members “have high standards of integrity”.

Sport Confidential has learned the office of Liquor and Gaming NSW had indicated to the club it would launch a formal investigation into Marroun’s appointment if he kept his place on the board.

Consequently, Marroun immediately stood down, despite being one of the football club’s appointments to the leagues club, ahead of Bulldogs legend Steve Mortimer.

Former Bulldogs player Peter Winchester has replaced him, continuing the very public power struggle following the recent ousting of Ray Dib.

Marroun was controversially appointed to the leagues club board in favour of Mortimer despite serving a six-year ban from rugby league because of misconduct. He is barred from any role in junior football until 2020. New Bulldogs chair Lynne Anderson had endorsed Marroun’s appointment.

A spokesman for Liquor and Gaming NSW confirmed the organisation had reached out to the Bulldogs.

“Earlier this week Liquor and Gaming NSW investigators contacted the leagues club to make inquiries about the outcomes of the recent election,” the spokesman said.

“The club assisted in those inquiries.

“At Wednesday’s annual general meeting, one of the football club’s nominated candidates for the leagues club board, James Marroun, was formally elected but then immediately resigned.

“Former Canterbury player Peter Winchester has been endorsed to fill the casual vacancy on the board left by Marroun’s resignation.

“Registered clubs such as Canterbury-Bankstown Leagues Club are large and complex businesses and it’s vital that members and the wider public have confidence that board members have high standards of integrity.”

Winchester finished eighth overall with 490 votes during the leagues club elections held last weekend.

Wow looks like a dirty deal was done here why in the hell would they open the club to this BS

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
L.Anderson is out of her depth big time... she's a shonky leader. The position should go forever was the next candidate with the most votes, or re-vote for the single position.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gees the way our club mgt are going, we should either be called Manly, Wests or Parramatta because our board in fighting is just as bad as their power struggles!!! Lets just get on with the footy and win some games, the board needs to grow up and think of the blue and white and not their own hidden agendas!!! I didn't like how Dib ran the show the last 2 years BUT at least with him in charge the board was united yes he did wrong but he was trying to turn things around I am starting to think with this new board our issues are only just starting and will get worse throughout the year! Nothing but negative about our side and it's only round 3, not only on the field but also behind closed doors!!! Geez sort it out please otherwise you'll lose more fans and I do not want this at all!!!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...n-over-bulldogs-election-20180322-p4z5rt.html

I'll be back': McIntyre threatens legal action over Bulldogs election
22 March 2018 — 8:29pm
By Adrian Proszenko & Kate McClymont

Gary McIntyre has threatened a legal challenge to the validity of the Canterbury Leagues Club election result as another controversial character has been forced to stand down from the board after his past caught up with him.

The fallout from the bitter battle at the ballot box continues after McIntyre – the man at the centre of the Bulldogs salary cap scandal – missed out on a seat on the nine-member board.
McIntyre polled 469 votes, but it wasn’t enough to return to the corridors of power.

McIntyre told a punter, who filmed him leaving the leagues club after the numbers were tallied, that his faction has ‘‘got the control of the club’’. He also claimed: “I’ll be back later in the year.”

Contacted by Fairfax Media to explain the comment, McIntyre said: “The statement about the possibility about my return in the future was made in the context of legal advice that I have obtained about contesting the results of the election on the ground it was conducted unfairly.
“I have written to the club on the matter, but have made no decision on what course of action I propose to take in that regard.”

The ‘‘reform ticket’’, which swept to power at the Bulldogs football club elections, just scraped home in their bid to have the numbers on the leagues club. George Coorey aligned himself with the ‘‘reformists’’ and gave them the numbers, earning just 23 more votes than his brother Arthur. It was hoped the election result would bring closure to the war to control the rivers of gold that flow from the leagues club, which generates $74 million a year from gaming revenue alone.

However, there has already been a casualty.

James Marroun was given a saloon passage into the boardroom as one of four football club endorsed candidates who automatically become directors. But he has fallen on his sword after Fairfax Media revealed he is a former bankrupt who is banned from any involvement in junior rugby league.

In a social media post, Marroun said: “After speaking with [Bulldogs] chair Lynne Anderson and director John Ballesty, I have decided to hand in my resignation to the board due to all the recent bad publicity in the press with relation to some of my past mistakes.

“Ultimately the club is bigger than any one person and I do not wish that my past mistakes are reflected on a club I love and cherish. Everyone has a past and everyone makes mistakes in life. I have chosen to take full responsibility for my actions and always have.

“I do not blame anyone but myself for what has happened. The journalist were doing their job and the people in the background driving it were doing what they thought was right. Ultimately my past mistakes catching up with me was no one’s fault but my own.’’

The new leagues club board will reconvene to elect a chair today. George Coorey is the favourite for the role, although Peter Winchester has some support.

The political football is an unwanted distraction for the Bulldogs, who have lost their opening two games of the season. They are searching for their first win against Penrith tonight.

Seriously was glad elections finished and Dib gone but the can of worms Anderson opened up was disgraceful what’s happening to our club we are making the tigers look stable !!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bad judgement by Lynne Anderson to appoint Marroun. But he has fallen on his sword and hopefully she has learnt from that mistake.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yo @the_insider (and anyone else who called me to question in here) ... I'm not going to have a massive gloat or do a song and dance and a huge "I told you so".

But sometimes you just have to be patient. The media is afforded far more luxury if they get things wrong, than a humble Kennel member like myself.

TI .... You criticised my post on this:

Hearing there's issues already:
1 - One director with serious health concerns.
2 - Minister for Office of Liquor and Gaming issue with one director.
3 - Minister for Office of Liquor and Gaming issuing a notice.
4 - Video doing the rounds which paints an interesting view on things...
2 & 3 as proven by the below quotes.

“Earlier this week Liquor and Gaming NSW investigators contacted the leagues club to make inquiries about the outcomes of the recent election,” the spokesman said.
“The club assisted in those inquiries.
“At Wednesday’s annual general meeting, one of the football club’s nominated candidates for the leagues club board, James Marroun, was formally elected but then immediately resigned.
“Registered clubs such as Canterbury-Bankstown Leagues Club are large and complex businesses and it’s vital that members and the wider public have confidence that board members have high standards of integrity.”
4 as per below quotes.

McIntyre told a punter, who filmed him leaving the leagues club after the numbers were tallied, that his faction has ‘‘got the control of the club’’. He also claimed: “I’ll be back later in the year.”
Contacted by Fairfax Media to explain the comment, McIntyre said: “The statement about the possibility about my return in the future was made in the context of legal advice that I have obtained about contesting the results of the election on the ground it was conducted unfairly. “I have written to the club on the matter, but have made no decision on what course of action I propose to take in that regard.”
So again I state.. maybe some people may disbelieve what I'm saying, or think I'm talking out my arse, but sometimes I just can't provide evidence on something at that point in time.

If anyone reads the above and still believes we aren't the Titanic heading for a potential future iceberg, then that's OK and I respect your opinion...

BUT ... from where I'm sitting, the icebergs only just come into sight. It's going to get uglier.

Side note, if McIntyre did try and get back in, surely LG NSW would lean on him to resign as well. All I can think is the plan is to launch legal action, have the board dissolved, and complete new board voted in and cross fingers one gets a clean sweep.

In all honesty when I saw the video I wasn't expecting THAT explanation, I was expecting him to say either it was a throwaway comment, OR he was hoping to get back to the Leagues Club later in the year.

Wasn't expecting him to drop his agenda. Unless they caught him completely unaware with the call?

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again *That's our Leagues club ATM

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Boards should be not seen or heard... There are 15 other clubs in the NRL. How often do you hear about their boards?

There's a video doing the rounds at the moment that shows gloating by a supporter of one camp. If that hits the media things will get even muddier, and questions raised as to not only what was said in the video, but more importantly WHY it was said. The inference of agendas in it could not be any clearer.
The only reason we are hearing from this board is because of the elections. Geez you are clutching at straws.

Whats the bet this so called video hits the media. And i know who would have leaked it.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a mess, Our club is in shambles. We usto laugh at the tigers for having this sort drama

Status
Not open for further replies.