Consolidated Leagues Club Board Election Thread (Coorey Chairman P29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The withdrawal of James "Gabby" Marroun from the Leagues club board is a good thing.
I will even drop questions why he was appointed in the first place.
Onwards & upwards.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I know your boyfriend Dib didn’t get in but instead of getting so excited in death riding the club why not want the best for the club moving forward?
So instead of praising them for doing something that you wanted, you throw the boot in again.
I've got no problem supporting whoever, but when personal agendas and control are put above working towards the betterment of the club, and that position was attained by virtue of pulling the emotional heartstrings of voters and using the 'family club' line, that annoys me.

Boards should be not seen or heard... There are 15 other clubs in the NRL. How often do you hear about their boards?

There's a video doing the rounds at the moment that shows gloating by a supporter of one camp. If that hits the media things will get even muddier, and questions raised as to not only what was said in the video, but more importantly WHY it was said. The inference of agendas in it could not be any clearer.

N

Natboy

I've got no problem supporting whoever, but when personal agendas and control are put above working towards the betterment of the club, and that position was attained by virtue of pulling the emotional heartstrings of voters and using the 'family club' line, that annoys me.

Boards should be not seen or heard... There are 15 other clubs in the NRL. How often do you hear about their boards?

There's a video doing the rounds at the moment that shows gloating by a supporter of one camp. If that hits the media things will get even muddier, and questions raised as to not only what was said in the video, but more importantly WHY it was said. The inference of agendas in it could not be any clearer.
I don’t see how what Peponis and Dib tried to do is any different though?
I couldn’t give a rats about videos.
I just want us to win & Dib, Castle & Hasler couldn’t achieve that!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Another stike. What was strike 1? You had many shots against Castle now Anderson is in your sights. Seems like any move and every move wrong or right is going to be a strike. Is it a no nuts thing me wonders
Nothing to do with being male, female, trans, intersex, gender neutral, or anything else. Some of the biggest companies in the world are managed by female CEOs!

You know why I fire so many shots? Because I'm a proud and passionate supporter of the club who can't stand incompetence.

Besides, in the end was I not right about Castle?

The club got torn apart in the past and I (as a supporter) don't want to see the club in that position again.

So far to date, the club is doing things at an unacceptable level of unprofessionalism. Cringeworthy advertisements, grammar/format/spelling mistakes in reform ticket letters sent to all, grammar in press releases that were clearly aimed at creating panic and fear amongst members to vote.

Yes, I admit the previous board had their stuffups (last season there were games I simply didn't bother watching more than 5 minutes of), but those stuffups were largely rectified entering into this season.

Lynne proudly backed Marroun in the media, something that clearly the Minister for Office of Liquor and Gaming disagreed with.

.. and the hits won't stop there because all other directors need to have their history and background provided so the minister can determine if they are of fit and proper character to be sitting on the board.

SO ... Should we NOT be questioning the appointment of Marroun, when the board quickly replaced him with Winchester? Why was Winchester not endorsed initially instead?

Clearly the wrong person was appointed in that position and those that endorsed him did not expect (nor feel) that his past discretions would be a problem. How wrong they were!!

If decisions this bad can be made on the simple endorsement of a board member, then does a passionate fan not have every right to be concerned over the clear unprofessionalism, and oversights the club board are making so early in their appointment??

Simple really. The Football Club board want control over the Leagues Club to make sure funding is never cut. Whilst ever the Football Club have majority in the Leagues Club we will always be able to rely on Leagues Club support.

What Peponis did by putting the independents in was put in jeopardy our guarantee that the Leagues Club will fund the Football Club. Hence why it was a selfish move by Dib/Peponis (They are a team, lets not beat around the bush).
Not at all and that's what people are not getting. The independents were put in to ensure accountability across the board.

Let me give you an analogy... companies often put in place CCTV cameras, but have you ever looked closely at where all cameras point. Next time you head to a fast food place, or retail store, have a look closely.

Rather than wait that time I'll answer it. CCTV covers patrons, entry/exits, but it also covers the tills and staff.

Applying this analogy to the situation at hand:
CCTV covering patrons / entry and exits = board members overseeing operation of Leagues Club.
CCTV covering tills and staff = Independent Directors appointed to board, to keep an eye on all other board members.

Another analogy is that many large warehouses and fufillment centres employ Loss Prevention Officers. Not because they deal with the public, but to ensure their staff are trustworthy.

Iemma and Kanaan are those Loss Prevention Officers.

With Marroun gone and the Football Club having the voting majority it is the best out come for everyone in my opinion.
I can agree on this, and as long as there is accountability with Iemma and Kanaan on the board, there should be stability or future issues.

Hopefully everyone can move forward now and work together and do whats best for the club.
Exactly ... now to start winning games and firing on field.

If the board can just do what they need to, leave Iemma and Kanaan in place, (I'd even go as far as saying making Peponis chair again is a smart move), and just do what other board do and be seen but not heard... then I'm happy to give them a chance.

But they need to stop associating with characters who have fucked the club over in the past.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t see how what Peponis and Dib tried to do is any different though?
I couldn’t give a rats about videos.
I just want us to win & Dib, Castle & Hasler couldn’t achieve that!
Dib was endorsed by the Football Club ... the Dib & Peponis relationship was simply they worked well together across the two boards. Dib was only on the Leagues Club board due to endorsement, not as a voter in director.

Why do you think Dib didn't stand for election of Leagues Club board?

You should care about videos. We've just had one director removed ... that's all I need to say there.

A

Alexander the Great

Does this video involve a short bald guy? . Total tosser..every dog has his day!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Nothing to do with being male, female, trans, intersex, gender neutral, or anything else. Some of the biggest companies in the world are managed by female CEOs!

You know why I fire so many shots? Because I'm a proud and passionate supporter of the club who can't stand incompetence.

Besides, in the end was I not right about Castle?

The club got torn apart in the past and I (as a supporter) don't want to see the club in that position again.

So far to date, the club is doing things at an unacceptable level of unprofessionalism. Cringeworthy advertisements, grammar/format/spelling mistakes in reform ticket letters sent to all, grammar in press releases that were clearly aimed at creating panic and fear amongst members to vote.

Yes, I admit the previous board had their stuffups (last season there were games I simply didn't bother watching more than 5 minutes of), but those stuffups were largely rectified entering into this season.

Lynne proudly backed Marroun in the media, something that clearly the Minister for Office of Liquor and Gaming disagreed with.

.. and the hits won't stop there because all other directors need to have their history and background provided so the minister can determine if they are of fit and proper character to be sitting on the board.

SO ... Should we NOT be questioning the appointment of Marroun, when the board quickly replaced him with Winchester? Why was Winchester not endorsed initially instead?

Clearly the wrong person was appointed in that position and those that endorsed him did not expect (nor feel) that his past discretions would be a problem. How wrong they were!!

If decisions this bad can be made on the simple endorsement of a board member, then does a passionate fan not have every right to be concerned over the clear unprofessionalism, and oversights the club board are making so early in their appointment??

Not at all and that's what people are not getting. The independents were put in to ensure accountability across the board.

Let me give you an analogy... companies often put in place CCTV cameras, but have you ever looked closely at where all cameras point. Next time you head to a fast food place, or retail store, have a look closely.

Rather than wait that time I'll answer it. CCTV covers patrons, entry/exits, but it also covers the tills and staff.

Applying this analogy to the situation at hand:
CCTV covering patrons / entry and exits = board members overseeing operation of Leagues Club.
CCTV covering tills and staff = Independent Directors appointed to board, to keep an eye on all other board members.

Another analogy is that many large warehouses and fufillment centres employ Loss Prevention Officers. Not because they deal with the public, but to ensure their staff are trustworthy.

Iemma and Kanaan are those Loss Prevention Officers.

I can agree on this, and as long as there is accountability with Iemma and Kanaan on the board, there should be stability or future issues.

Exactly ... now to start winning games and firing on field.

If the board can just do what they need to, leave Iemma and Kanaan in place, (I'd even go as far as saying making Peponis chair again is a smart move), and just do what other board do and be seen but not heard... then I'm happy to give them a chance.

But they need to stop associating with characters who have fucked the club over in the past.
Fmd can I get the directors cut of this reply lol. Just kidding . This is a forum so anyones and everyone is entitled to an opinion or a view. If everyone agreed than this will be as boring as a 2017 bulldog game.:grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fmd can I get the directors cut of this reply lol. Just kidding . This is a forum so anyones and everyone is entitled to an opinion or a view. If everyone agreed than this will be as boring as a 2017 bulldog game.:grinning:
hahaha you went there !!

At the end of the day I think everyones heart is in the right place, and we just all want to see our team succeed both on and off the field.

I don't think anyone can deny that Des needed to go.
I don't think anyone can deny the previous board stuffed up.

There are two approaches people are taking:
1. Better the devil you know. Unsure of the new board but not happy the direction things have been taken to date. Potentially cautious over actions of some in the past.
OR
2. Happy to have anyone but Dib involved with the club, and waiting to see what happens in the future.

As long as all involved are accountable, we should be okay. Any funny business will be noticed and picked up.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mr I, all you do is hint at things like people's agendas, sponsors pulling out, unrest on the board, people's health concerns, videos floating around, etc but you never put your money where your mouth is.....

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So far to date, the club is doing things at an unacceptable level of unprofessionalism. Cringeworthy advertisements, grammar/format/spelling mistakes in reform ticket letters sent to all, grammar in press releases that were clearly aimed at creating panic and fear amongst members to vote
I’ll take a spelling mistake Over the resigning of tolman and Eastwood on a 4 year back ended deal, or the resigning of an incompetent coach who was actively trying to run the club into the ground. Or the backing of that same coach over club legends and forcing the resignation of one of our favorite sons.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who don't know, Lynne still wanted him regardless of his history which ain't that bad anyway (media was trying to make a big deal). James made this decision on his own, hes put his family and the club first. From what I've heard he loves the club and a very very passionate fan. he has earned a lot of respect within the club. For those who think he's a bad bloke your thoughts will change. Never judge a book by its cover and don't believe everything that's been said in the media it ain't all true. They would do anything to bring this club down.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who don't know, Lynne still wanted him regardless of his history which ain't that bad anyway (media was trying to make a big deal). James made this decision on his own, hes put his family and the club first. From what I've heard he loves the club and a very very passionate fan. he has earned a lot of respect within the club. For those who think he's a bad bloke your thoughts will change. Never judge a book by its cover and don't believe everything that's been said in the media it ain't all true. They would do anything to bring this club down.
Seriously? You’ve got to stop defending James/Gabby, I also know of his family but more importantly know of some of his business dealings. That aside his actions at Begnall Oval that day are indefensible & inexcusable & not the fabric/conduct acceptable under any circumstance let alone of a board member.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
.... FOOTY TAB!!

What would you like me to do? You're the_insider not me!
For a start not take pleasure in people's health concerns......
Secondly maybe back up your hints with a single shred of evidence......
I'd ask you to perhaps show abit of objectivity once in a while but that would be asking too much

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mr I, all you do is hint at things like people's agendas, sponsors pulling out, unrest on the board, people's health concerns, videos floating around, etc but you never put your money where your mouth is.....
I don't think so.
Mr. I takes a position but he is not blind to reality.
Unlike a lot of the Anderson supporters on the Kennel who saw no problem with the appointment of Marroun.
Sorry big problem.
Anybody looking at that appointment objectively knew it stunk up the place.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I’ll take a spelling mistake Over the resigning of tolman and Eastwood on a 4 year back ended deal, or the resigning of an incompetent coach who was actively trying to run the club into the ground. Or the backing of that same coach over club legends and forcing the resignation of one of our favorite sons.
I acknowledged the stuff ups of the board.

But as I keep saying: They weren't Leagues Club fuckups, they were Football Club fuckups, and despite a turnaround towards the end, the damage was already done, and the sympathy vote came home strong.

For a start not take pleasure in people's health concerns......
I didn't take pleasure in peoples health concerns. If you comprehended my post correctly that was unbundantely clear.

Secondly maybe back up your hints with a single shred of evidence......
If you must know though the source for that one was a Twitter post.

The video I'm talking about might end up in the media anyway, but as it stands I don't have permission to release it publically from those involved. If it comes out though (it's only like 30 seconds long) but eyebrows will rise.

There might be more coming out soon - stay tuned.

From what I've heard he loves the club and a very very passionate fan.
So much so that he sponsors Luke Brooks and the Tigers.

Oh wait... they aren't Bulldogs players/Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.