Consolidated Leagues Club Board Election Thread (Coorey Chairman P29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
See there it is.

There is something very wrong in the state of Denmark when you want to have a guy who has been involved with the club for 4 decades, hasn't really put a foot wrong run out of the club.

But apparently have no problem with the appointment of James "Gabby" Marroun. Nothing to see here I guess.
Forget the last 40 yrs focus on his last 40 days. Seen no hear Mr I says well coming out and hammering the rival ticket in support of the board that has been in charge of one of the worst periods I can remember , than talk about dunn and price playing against the bulldog blah blah. Then when dib losses fair and square Dr George goes school yard bully to school yard bitch. My opinion like it or lump it.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice sharp moves by Dr G. Love it.

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
Shit hasn’t even hit the fan yet, after the agm tomorrow there’s going to be so much more to come out and it’s safe to say the board are shaking in their boots

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Shit hasn’t even hit the fan yet, after the agm tomorrow there’s going to be so much more to come out and it’s safe to say the board are shaking in their boots
Interesting......which board Football or Leagues club?

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a fan, the big question I have is why does the new football board need to have all the power in the leagues club too? Who keeps them “honest”. Are there other interests for them? Why are they desperate for this? You can’t monopolize the complete structure. I was all for Dib going, we needed this change, but are these people really for the “family club” they bang on about especially when they just removed our greatest ever player and club man through and through Steve Mortimer after he WAS elected.

Some smells rotten here I’m afraid I’d love to know the whole truth behind why this board was so intereted in controlling the leagues club....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
upload_2018-3-21_19-28-30.png

Hearing there's issues already:

- One director with serious health concerns.
- Minister for Office of Liquor and Gaming issue with one director.
- Minister for Office of Liquor and Gaming issuing a notice.
- Video doing the rounds which paints an interesting view on things... in particular taking the below and above into account.

upload_2018-3-21_19-40-32.png

I'm guessing either after AGM tonight when the journos start reporting, or within 24 hours there are going to be a few very interesting announcements made.

Let the circus begin!!!

N

Natboy

View attachment 5370

Hearing there's issues already:

- One director with serious health concerns.
- Minister for Office of Liquor and Gaming issue with one director.
- Minister for Office of Liquor and Gaming issuing a notice.
- Video doing the rounds which paints an interesting view on things... in particular taking the below and above into account.

View attachment 5371

I'm guessing either after AGM tonight when the journos start reporting, or within 24 hours there are going to be a few very interesting announcements made.

Let the circus begin!!!
Are you sure you’re actually a bulldogs fan?

berries62

Waterboy
Reaction score
The old board for all the good and bad they did should just get over it. If the newly elected people can't cut the mustard then time will tell, what I can't understand is if somebody has been beaten and the siren has blown then accept the result. Move forward gentlemen because everyday you spit and splutter about losing only diminishes your respect within the establishment. Crybaby Flanagan after Cronulla's loss in the finals last year comes to mind. Time will tell if they if they are worthy contenders next time round, and yes I was a young fella watching Dr George go around in the 70's with all the admiration in the world, let it go old fella and show some statesmanship.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The old board for all the good and bad they did should just get over it. If the newly elected people can't cut the mustard then time will tell, what I can't understand is if somebody has been beaten and the siren has blown then accept the result. Move forward gentlemen because everyday you spit and splutter about losing only diminishes your respect within the establishment. Crybaby Flanagan after Cronulla's loss in the finals last year comes to mind. Time will tell if they if they are worthy contenders next time round, and yes I was a young fella watching Dr George go around in the 70's with all the admiration in the world, let it go old fella and show some statesmanship.
I personally didn't care which board got elected.
I wasn't a fan of Dib by any means and wasn't disappointed to see him go.

What got me to question things was the appointment of this James "Gabby" Marroun.
That appointment is so from left field it has to raise eyebrows.

So for someone like Peponis who has been chairman for a long time that appointment obviously didn't sit well, hence the appointment of the two high profile independent directors.

I have no inside knowledge but I suspect we will hear more about Mr. Marroun and his suitability to sit on the leagues club board.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Marroun GONESKI!!! Board have (bizzarely) replaced him with Peter Winchester.

So great appointment by the board and Lynne Anderson there after she blowarsed a glowing endorsement of the guy. Another strike against her name and we are only 2 games in.

Peter Winchester has been on the board before, and infact worked alongside Peponis and Mortimer as part of the interim board and only stepped down to concentrate on his business.

Peter Callaghan is an SC.

Going to be funny if the layout remains that way:

"Hey George" - 3 respond.
"Hey Peter" - 2 respond.

All we need now is Paul Dunn to stand down and Steve Price to step up (2 Steves).

Morris Iemma
George Peponis
George Kanaan
George Coorey
Peter Winchester
Peter Callaghan
Steve Mortimer
Paul Dunn
John Ballesty

upload_2018-3-21_22-34-51.png

Are you sure you’re actually a bulldogs fan?
Sure am, which is why I'm loving all this shit.

It's like a grand plan falling to pieces before their eyes.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It doesn't look like the most trustworthy image does it juicydog ?
Well I believe we need Saintly figures like Gary McIntyre at the club reinventing themselves.
God bless +

N

Natboy

So great appointment by the board and Lynne Anderson there after she blowarsed a glowing endorsement of the guy. Another strike against her name and we are only 2 games in.

Peter Winchester has been on the board before, and infact worked alongside Peponis and Mortimer as part of the interim board and only stepped down to concentrate on his business.

"Hey Peter" - 2 respond.

All we need now is Paul Dunn to stand down and Steve Price to step up (2 Steves).

Morris Iemma
George Peponis
George Kanaan
George Coorey
Peter Winchester
Peter Callaghan
Steve Mortimer
Paul Dunn
John Ballesty

View attachment 5372

Peter is a good bloke, good business man & has hot daughters haha.

I know your boyfriend Dib didn’t get in but instead of getting so excited in death riding the club why not want the best for the club moving forward?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

"Hey Peter" - 2 respond.

Morris Iemma
George Peponis
George Kanaan
George Coorey
Peter Winchester
Peter Callaghan
Steve Mortimer
Paul Dunn
John Ballesty

View attachment 5372

Another stike. What was strike 1? You had many shots against Castle now Anderson is in your sights. Seems like any move and every move wrong or right is going to be a strike. Is it a no nuts thing me wonders

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's face it had Anderson not put that plonker Maroun up in the first place most of us wouldn't be even mildly interested in the Leagues Club elections. This was the first time I've voted in them even though I've been a member for a long time simply because the club is and has been going well for a long time. I was incensed that someone who had been suspended for abusing referees could even be remotely considered for a board position in any league based environment. I don't don't care if it was for 6 days or 6 years. The fact that an adult gets so worked up that they incur that kind of rebuke tells me they are not fit and proper for the purpose making decisions for our club. That, plus I felt Turvey deserved support from us little people so he was the first one I voted for. But, in all honesty I probably still wouldn't have voted had Maroun not been posted there. Now he is gone, let's just get on with the footy. I'm sure the club will be running just fine into the future.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
S
As a fan, the big question I have is why does the new football board need to have all the power in the leagues club too? Who keeps them “honest”. Are there other interests for them? Why are they desperate for this? You can’t monopolize the complete structure. I was all for Dib going, we needed this change, but are these people really for the “family club” they bang on about especially when they just removed our greatest ever player and club man through and through Steve Mortimer after he WAS elected.

Some smells rotten here I’m afraid I’d love to know the whole truth behind why this board was so intereted in controlling the leagues club....
Simple really. The Football Club board want control over the Leagues Club to make sure funding is never cut. Whilst ever the Football Club have majority in the Leagues Club we will always be able to rely on Leagues Club support.

What Peponis did by putting the independents in was put in jeopardy our guarantee that the Leagues Club will fund the Football Club. Hence why it was a selfish move by Dib/Peponis (They are a team, lets not beat around the bush).

I would hate to see a world where our football club had their funding cut by the Leagues club. We would then be the Sydney club under most pressure to relocate. Then would Peponis and Dib be happy?

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

So instead of praising them for doing something that you wanted, you throw the boot in again.

Your objectivity in this is putrid. No wonder other posters have doubted your allegiance to the Bulldogs.

The current board cannot win with you. Next you will blame them for onfield performances too.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With Marroun gone and the Football Club having the voting majority it is the best out come for everyone in my opinion.

Hopefully everyone can move forward now and work together and do whats best for the club.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With Marroun gone and the Football Club having the voting majority it is the best out come for everyone in my opinion.

Hopefully everyone can move forward now and work together and do whats best for the club.
100per cent mate- time to move forward and work together.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

End thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.