The Fan - next week - Luke Patten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
7:30 pm next Tuesday, Luke Patten will be a guest on the fan. If you want to ask any questions follow the link in the picturePatten.jpg

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me, it started around 1986. What well renowned referee started in that year? A referee that would go on to have an enormous influence of the game for years to come.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Someone ask why the refs hate us :D
We flew under the radar until 2002, then the hate started when the club was found to have systematically and deliberately breached the NRL salary cap (for the 2001–02 seasons). We were penalized all 37 competition points (God forbid the Dogs are going to run with the comp unbeaten) and embarrassed with the first wooden spoon since 1964.We threw it back at their face by just missing out to the Roosters 28–18 in the Preliminary Final and winning the comp in 2004.Then the shit hit the fan! Other codes used the media to promote off-field dramas which included rape allegations during a pre-season match in Coffs Harbour. This enraged the NRL, as the premiers for that coming season brought game into disrepute.I remember the club tried hard to clean that mess,they promoted the family image,engaged in community work and tried to regain female trust and eventually appointed a female CEO.Hopefully we've finished our jail sentence and served our parole,although from what I've seen this year we still got time to serve.The NRL machine got long memories.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey General why don’t you give us fkn rub of the green light n the video refs box

Status
Not open for further replies.