TOLMAN @ 13, Good Move IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just shows what an average roster Pay inherited. We have no injuries but Tolman is our lock and Fualalo is the only bench player who can play prop. Tolman will make plenty of tackles but he wont shore up the middle and he won't hurt anyone

I hope Pay is bluffing and Jacko will play lock and surely Tualau will be in the final 17!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
13 or 12 or 11 it doesnt matter your point is about boring workhorses just own it you were wrong
Turn it up, what an absolute joke. You are clearly wrong and the evidence is clear as day.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We're in 2018 not 2004-6 and in the modern day the lock has evolved and grown in value so much that most experts and coaches consider this position should be a member of the all-important spine.You cant compare Grimaldi to Tolman,because despite of not making the finals in 2005 Grimaldi was the NRL leading tackler with an amazing 852 and not just your average workhorse.
Whist it's true many coaches use locks to hold up the middle and prevent anyone getting past (as long as they are tireless workers, can play big minutes and are brilliant defenders) the complete lock must also perform like another prop forward, hitting the ball up,off loading and injecting themselves on either side when needed.Versatility is also very important as Craig Bellamy proved by using and winning premierships with lightweight locks Dallas Johnson (93 kg) and Ryan Hinchcliffe (89 kg).Tolman I'm afraid is a dinosaur in the modern game,he's too one dimensional,gets in the way,slows the ruck and his work rate evolves around being 2nd tackle in.In my opinion JJ is our best choice going forward and unfortunately due to Des we are stuck with a forward who can only play prop.Tolman will come in handy during rep games until we move him on.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman can’t tackle.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Turn it up, what an absolute joke. You are clearly wrong and the evidence is clear as day.
Mate you act like you're playing that supercoach thing. It's not fantasy.
You deal with the roster you have until circumstances change in your favour.
Just because "every" other team or coach's go with similar set ups doesn't mean all teams or coach's can or have to.

Using an imagination, original ideas and trial n error that fit in with a roster that's at hand, works miracles.... not what u continually bang on about, "this team does this n this team does that" who gives a toss what others do.

So you're argument re "naming a player that just tackles all day" has no merit to it, if the coach has other ideas. I've gota feeling i know what deano is tryin to do but aint got time like u to go through tactical shit all day.

Do you stand around with a clipboard at each and every training session? Do you know all the good n bad habits of each player?
Do you know what gets said between player's and coach? ... yeh that's what i thought.

You get worked up and takes things way too serious over matters you have absolutely no fking idea on.

And you continue to look like a fool buddy haha.

Tolman lacks in alot of areas but he has a go and i know that doesn't cut it but if he can play 80 and stick soley to a solid role/which in turn balances out the team, than im ok with him to continue in our jersey till another buyer comes along and I'll be happier once he's found a club he will fit into and where fans don't get personal and bag the fk out him.

Last edited:

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because "every" other team or coach's go with similar set ups doesn't mean all teams or coach's can or have to.

Using an imagination, original ideas and trial n error that fit in with a roster that's at hand works miracles.... not what u continually bang on about "this team does this n this team does that " who gives a toss what others do.

So you're argument re "naming a player that just tackles all day" has no merit to it, if the coach has other ideas. I've gota feeling i know what deano is tryin to do but aint got time like u to go through tactical shit all day.

Do you stand around with a clipboard at each and every training session? Do you know all the good n bad habits of each player?
Do you know what gets said between player's and coach? ... yeh that's what i thought.

You get worked up and takes things way too serious over matters you have absolutely no fking idea on.

Tolman lacks in alot of areas but he has a go and i know that doesn't cut it but if he can play 80 and stick soley to a solid role/which in turn balances out the team, than im ok with him to continue in our jersey till another buyer comes along and I'll be happier once he's found a club he will fit into and where fans don't get personal and bag the fk out him.
Haha nice

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No. But they are not as good defensively as graham and tolman. If you want to point a finger at any player in our team who is not aiming up defensively its jackson. But he is also considered our best defensive player. So the question needs to be asked, why? Perhaps he has less faith in the people inside him from a defensive standpoint? These players are klemmer and woods.
Im not saying they are bad defenders, but perhaps jacksons timing is just a little out because he wants to help shore up the middle a bit???.....
I dont know for sure, its just an idea. In any case i think we will be better defensively this week then we have been. But i dont think there is a way of proving that tolman is the sifference either. But i think he will help.
I think they are really not adjusting to Pay new defensive schemes

Especially our right side who all look at sea

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meh... id be more content with
11. Elliot (wish we had a better option)
12. RFM
13. Jackson (c)

14. Brown
15. Martin
16. Fualalo
17. Taulau
Elliott is shit so why reward him as a starter?

There is a better option ...first name Anyone last name Else

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people are missing a big benefit of tolman starting and possibly playing big minutes. It'll let pay rotate more frequently between fualalo, woods and klemmer because of whilst saving an interchange. Have people actually been keeping track of all these forwards in the isp that supposedly 'must' come into the side? Has tualau's defence been up to scratch? Has he been playing decent minutes?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they are really not adjusting to Pay new defensive schemes

Especially our right side who all look at sea
It seems that way. But they will work ot out, and when they do i think we will really put a lot of teams to the sword.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Using an imagination, original ideas and trial n error that fit in with a roster that's at hand, works miracles.... not what u continually bang on about, "this team does this n this team does that" who gives a toss what others do.

100% couldnt agree more. Well put.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Tolman should be dropped, but I must say that him playing Lock is a better move than having him on the bench. Even if he isn't the best choice for Lock, he is absolutely useless off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.