R3 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Des was absolutely the problem.

Ok, Pay has no idea on what a bench should look like, but he inherited this roster, the back ended deals, the cap problems, the loosing of the clubs identity etc...he’s trying new things, we don’t all necessarily agree with everything he’s doing thus far, but he deserves a fair go.

No way Hasler gives a guy like JMK a shot in the halves and experiments with Mbye at fullback. Mbye has been a revelation. Lichaa and RFM have a new lease of life.. all positives. Pay isn’t a miracle worker.

It took Clearly half a season to get his team believing and it was only after a mass clean out and his own recruiting got him there.
If I could've given you "post of the year" I would have...or so far at least, plenty of time to win that award ;)

There's a lot of things against Pay, we just need to get some wins under our belt and build some confidence, completely re-build next year and then re-assess where we're at.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs coach Dean Pay reacts to poor start to season, drops five-eighth Matt Frawley

Matt Frawley has been dumped by the Bulldogs for Round 3.
BULLDOGS coach Dean Pay has reacted to the club’s poor start to the season by axing five-eighth Matt Frawley in favour of rookie Jeremy Marshall-King.

The younger brother of Wests Tigers star Benji Marshall, Marshall-King has played the opening two matches of the season for the Bulldogs off the interchange bench.

The decision from pay comes after the Bulldogs have opened the season by leaking 66 points — the club’s worst defensive start to a year since 1971.

Marshall-King, 22, will be paired alongside Bulldogs star recruit Kieran Foran as the club prepares to meet the undefeated Panthers at ANZ Stadium on Friday.
BYE BYE FRAWKEY!!!!! HAHAAHAHA YES!

Now for JMK to fail under pressure which is upsetting and then Nu brown rocks and diamonds and then Lewis should get his shot and then we start winning.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's all well and good...but we clearly need some powerful props off the bench and Pay looks completely reluctant to address that. Last week he brought in Fine for a middle forward and used him for 2 minutes whole rotating with just Tolman and Fualalo. Tualau has to be in the 17..
Tualau ... Really? Yes he is big and powerful and capable of bending the line, but have you noticed his stamina and effort on effort? I'm not sold....hope to be proven wrong one day.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bahahahahahaha i think you are a little unsure of your sexuality mate. Thats why you project it onto others. Perhaps its all the roids.
Lol or if we want to talk facts. Your name is flamboyant albeit with an ‘e’ suggesting you’re fabtabulous, and then the other fact of you projecting your own muppetry on others due to the fact of having no clue and wanting the elusive the great the brave Tyrone Roberts lol.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tualau ... Really? Yes he is big and powerful and capable of bending the line, but have you noticed his stamina and effort on effort? I'm not sold....hope to be proven wrong one day.
Well said - he can bend the line, he can make good ground but as you said the "effort on effort" is a real struggle. However as a bench player for short stints either side of half time he might have something to offer.
The biggest issue is the squad - the retention recruitment salary cap mishandling - have crated a roster that is lacking in a number of areas.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He done the job off the bench last season and didn't miss a single tackle from memory. He's also going to be playing off the bench so the minutes aren't going to be huge, 10-15 is all that's required either side of halftime from him.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tualau does get knocked up pretty quick but he can go hard for 10-15 minute stints. We need more size and some impact off the bench.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotta blood some talent sooner or later, lets hope they are talent with some Doggy passion.
I wanna see some desperation from the whistle, not with ten to go.
Knowing we will get the job done, not hoping to get the job done is a good mindset.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im a bit concerned about this game. If we get out in front, Panthers have shown they can run teams down, and if we are behind, do we have enough points in us to fight back? I think blooding the new younger more energetic and enthusiastic players, especially in the forwards is what needs to be done. I have a gut feeling Viliame will kikau arses and get a double on the edges where we keep leaking points.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol or if we want to talk facts. Your name is flamboyant albeit with an ‘e’ suggesting you’re fabtabulous, and then the other fact of you projecting your own muppetry on others due to the fact of having no clue and wanting the elusive the great the brave Tyrone Roberts lol.
If you must know the flame is because i do a lot of fire twirling, and the bouyant is because im a scuba diving instructor. Its a play on words, not a sexual reference.
And yeah i thought tyrone roberts could be a handy pickup before we signed foran, sacked hasler and moved mbye to fb. But it was merely a topic for discussion. I never claimed he would be a marquee player/saviour. Just a cheap pick up that could cover a few positions.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good point mate. Whilst I haven't agreed with everything Pay's done so far, the main thing is he's experimenting with things, and if they're not working then he's making changes. As you said - if Hasler was coach, we'd be fielding the same team as we did in Round 1 this weekend.
And he absolutely has to do this. He has no choice. He doesnt know the players inside out yet, and he obviously picked the team he thought was the best in round one, and since then he has been tinkering with to try and get the balance right. We just need to be patient and see how it pans out.
We still have the roster the imposter created, and we are operating at about 500k under the cap. Its a rebuild year yet people are already claiming we are a disgrace and pay should be sacked. Its a fucking disgrace!!!!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is they better have a fucking dig this weekend. I can tolerate lack of talent and ability until we fluch the dogshit we have in our roster but, as allegedly professional footballers, they should be fit and willing. I am sick of the pea heart bullshit so far this season....and to be brutally honest I am mainly aiming my comments at our forwards who are apparently dogs of war, unleashing hell and creating madness. HAVE A GODDAM DIG FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
All I know is they better have a fucking dig this weekend. I can tolerate lack of talent and ability until we fluch the dogshit we have in our roster but, as allegedly professional footballers, they should be fit and willing. I am sick of the pea heart bullshit so far this season....and to be brutally honest I am mainly aiming my comments at our forwards who are apparently dogs of war, unleashing hell and creating madness. HAVE A GODDAM DIG FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!
You said it brother!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is it that hard to ask for someone to tuck the ball under their arm and run the bastard off the back fence???

So far this season we appear to be standing too flat in attack so by time forwards get the ball the defence is on them.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you must know the flame is because i do a lot of fire twirling, and the bouyant is because im a scuba diving instructor. Its a play on words, not a sexual reference.
And yeah i thought tyrone roberts could be a handy pickup before we signed foran, sacked hasler and moved mbye to fb. But it was merely a topic for discussion. I never claimed he would be a marquee player/saviour. Just a cheap pick up that could cover a few positions.
you made a thread about it lol and really tried to sell the idea that tyrone roberts would be a great asset lol. who in their fucken right mind even if we couldnt get foran would get tyrone fucken roberts of all fucken people. fuck your flameboyancy grinds my gears bud!

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cleeland is back in a week or two. That's when things will get interesting:
Frawley
Cleeland
Lewis

Someone is going to lose out and I dont think it'll be Lewis.
I agree from what I've seen from the trials and ISP Lewis shows the most promise going forward. It's early days but I believe this kid is set for a huge career.I have no doubt our people recognize his potential and will build his experience,knowledge and confidence with game time in ISP.Cleeland needs to cement a 1st grade spot very,very soon because if JMK and Lewis keep developing, together with the arrival of Cogger he'll miss the boat next year.Frawley ,well poor dude will continue to slip down the pegging order and will be remembered as the dude that tried but did not have the skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.