Frawley gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I think Benji would be helping his little brother with constant mentoring. And I noticed JMK is high energy, fully engaged and aggressive in defense. We need more of that from every player. Frawley was just too awkward for me. His positional play seemed off and he would kill momentum that Foran would create. Not sure what was going on with him - perhaps he overthinks and does not play intuitively enough.

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I swear he wasn't as good in that trial as everyone makes out he was. Set up one try and didn't do much else that was that impressive. Even though i don't think cleeland is the answer either, he deserves a shot before lewis based on his consistent performances last year
True, in fact he stuffed up for the first half hour but to his credit he got back on his bike and finished strong and he can tackle.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Jackson & RFM remain in the second row there is no point in having a second rower on the bench of i.e Fine, Elliott

I get the feeling Pays bench will be

Nu Brown
Fualalo
Elliott
Tualau

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Jackson & RFM remain in the second row there is no point in having a second rower on the bench of i.e Fine, Elliott

I get the feeling Pays bench will be

Nu Brown
Fualalo
Elliott
Tualau
Fine can play up the guts as a lock. Quicker than Tualau, but not as bulky.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We do not have enough players ATM to pick up the drop in form of others.Pay is reduced to using the bench to replace passengers and unfit players thus losing impact during critical times in a match.One way to fix this is to select consistent and fit players that will not rob your bench from it's impact.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We do not have enough players ATM to pick up the drop in form of others.Pay is reduced to using the bench to replace passengers and unfit players thus losing impact during critical times in a match.One way to fix this is to select consistent and fit players that will not rob your bench from it's impact.
We do have the players, Pay is just refusing to pick the right ones.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I really don't think we do.
We have the right players to put together a capable pack that should be able to match it and hold it's own against most other packs. Outside backs are weak ass though, spine is average but atleast has the potential to be more than that with Foran, Moses and Lichaa improving.

I didn't expect much from us this season, i had us finishing between 6-14, but honestly i didn't expect this. Our defence is shocking, our fitness and intensity is poor, this madness Pay talked about is non existent, his bench selection and use of bench is also puzzling. Hopefully Pay is just struggling to find his feet and eventually gets there, but i just have my doubts.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We have the right players to put together a capable pack that should be able to match it and hold it's own against most other packs. Outside backs are weak ass though, spine is average but atleast has the potential to be more than that with Foran, Moses and Lichaa improving.

I didn't expect much from us this season, i had us finishing between 6-14, but honestly i didn't expect this. Our defence is shocking, our fitness and intensity is poor, this madness Pay talked about is non existent, his bench selection and use of bench is also puzzling. Hopefully Pay is just struggling to find his feet and eventually gets there, but i just have my doubts.
Spot on. we need to follow melbournes style with our recruitment, we already have Mariner, just need another smart and great hole running backrower (like Kaufusi) so we can move Jacko to lock. Dont waste interchanges on backrowers and have big boppers constantly interchanging so we can roll through the middle, only then will Mbye, Foran and Lichaa flourish. We need to pick players to suit this now, praying that bench sees some late changes before kickoff

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Spot on. we need to follow melbournes style with our recruitment, we already have Mariner, just need another smart and great hole running backrower (like Kaufusi) so we can move Jacko to lock. Dont waste interchanges on backrowers and have big boppers constantly interchanging so we can roll through the middle, only then will Mbye, Foran and Lichaa flourish. We need to pick players to suit this now, praying that bench sees some late changes before kickoff
Kaufusi went from being bench player rotating in the middle playing about 30 minutes to playing 80 on an edge and becoming one of the best hole runners in the game. All in a single season. Pay just needs to give the younger guys a crack and build from there.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Kaufusi went from being bench player rotating in the middle playing about 30 minutes to playing 80 on an edge and becoming one of the best hole runners in the game. All in a single season. Pay just needs to give the younger guys a crack and build from there.
Not really the best example as Kaufusi's talent was blatently obvious before he landed his starting berth and accompanying breakout season.

Therein lies our problem. We don't have the sort of quality like him within our ranks who can make that sort of progression.

Our squad just simply isn't good enough, and people need to start accepting that. Our cap management over the past 5 years has been horrendous and that's why we're in this position now.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
JMK is not the answer.
Yes he is, he doesn't have to go out there and set three tries up, just stir some shit up and have a good time.
Frawley will be back at some stage.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Never understood how he was ever put in there as a 6

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Frawely is the new Sam Williams, soon he will be at the Raiders, Dragons and back to the Raiders again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not really the best example as Kaufusi's talent was blatently obvious before he landed his starting berth and accompanying breakout season.

Therein lies our problem. We don't have the sort of quality like him within our ranks who can make that sort of progression.

Our squad just simply isn't good enough, and people need to start accepting that. Our cap management over the past 5 years has been horrendous and that's why we're in this position now.
I don't think Kaufusi was that big a deal at the time? Nobody really expected that season from him last year.

I still think our squad is good enough to compete and perform better than what it is doing atm. I always felt a top 8 finish was possible, just not likely.

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm ok with Deano dropping Frawley but Jeremy Marshall King missed his first two tackles also and one of his misses led to Cronk's try.

Hope we get some madness soon

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Just hoping to see a change to this side to side shit we saw last week. Kinda felt as if Hasler was still at the helm.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just hoping to see a change to this side to side shit we saw last week. Kinda felt as if Hasler was still at the helm.
Agree

I want to see hard running , line speed on defence and plenty of points

Basically I want to see us replicate Manly demolition on Eels

That said I will take a 1 point victory

Just get the W

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You expected the madness from round 1?
You can't just flick a switch it will come mate believe me.. he will need time to bring back the culture of old

Status
Not open for further replies.