TOLMAN @ 13, Good Move IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shaun fenson and thats without even looking and i believe the cowboys got to the gf last year thanks
Plus gavin cooper
Fensom was promoted from interchange to prop from memory.....I had like 100 beers that night and woke up with a mother of all hangovers more so because I was depressed with our season than the GF itself

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What was the original argument lol?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its been easy to see that in our first 2 games our D around the ruck has been cut to shreds. Enter Tolman.
Sure there are plenty of you out there that love to bag this guy, & I think its mainly due to his efforts with the ball. But lets not forget the most important part of winning premierships..... "DEFENCE"
On countless occasions I recall Tolman being that man who chased back on the inside to make that last ditch line break saving or try saving tackle. Remember that try saver in the 80th minute Vs Manly in that 2012 Semi on the try line after a break. Good thing is, this guy can do it well & do it for 80 minutes if required.
Every premiership team needs at least one of these guys in their team to just tackle their heart out non stop.
Remember our last premiership team - 13. GRIMALDI, I cant remember too many tackle busts or offloads but he always turned up in D when we needed him & we wouldn't have won it without him.
Of course our resident panel of "experts" will shoot you down for this thread, but i agree.
Tolman will never make the best lock in the comp list, and maybe there is a better lock at our club. But the thing that needs to be considered in all of this is what is the best balance for the team.
Right now we are leaking points, and i believe this is largely due to changing up tolman and graham for woods and klemmer. There is likely going to be a big improvement in our forward play once we learn to deal with these changes, but at the minute, having tolman there to tackle all game will certainly sure up our middle third, and i think the team balance will be much better. it should also give pay a bit more freedom with his interchanges as i can see tolmam playing at least the first 40 straight.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He definitely didn't start or play extended minutes. And Gavin Cooper is an edge forward lol.
Your comment was to name 1 other player i bet you cant -ill also add dale finucane and ryan hoffman

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not true. Nobody can seem to come up with a sound argument to support their view and counter my argument. And if someone doesn't agree with me then they think i'm wrong and they're right? No?
People put up their arguments, but you just tell them they are wrong. I have argued my case for tolman all off season. I think he will solidify our middle third so the other players around him have more confidence.
But now you will counter his ineffective tackles blah blah blah and that will be the end of it. I know nothing and you know all. Its like this all the time with you.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tolman is a leader in defence and keeps it tight in middle and rarely misses a tackle. He's a starter as offers no impact from bench.This is a excellent decision from pay and keeps woods and klemmer where hasler had other way around with klemmer lock.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People put up their arguments, but you just tell them they are wrong. I have argued my case for tolman all off season. I think he will solidify our middle third so the other players around him have more confidence.
But now you will counter his ineffective tackles blah blah blah and that will be the end of it. I know nothing and you know all. Its like this all the time with you.
People have put up arguments with nothing supporting their points. Like i have asked multiple times, name a player in the NRL that plays 80 minutes and just tackles?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People have put up arguments with nothing supporting their points. Like i have asked multiple times, name a player in the NRL that plays 80 minutes and just tackles?
Im not even going to bother. You really need to learn to just respect other peoples opinions instead instead of forcing yours down there throats.
I dont mean to make this personal, but im going to go out on a limb here, your not married are you??
In any case, dean pay made this decision. Perhaps you should apply for the coaching position next time round. oh wait, your not a coach and you have no coaching credentials. Hmmmmmm interesting.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its been easy to see that in our first 2 games our D around the ruck has been cut to shreds. Enter Tolman.
Sure there are plenty of you out there that love to bag this guy, & I think its mainly due to his efforts with the ball. But lets not forget the most important part of winning premierships..... "DEFENCE"
On countless occasions I recall Tolman being that man who chased back on the inside to make that last ditch line break saving or try saving tackle. Remember that try saver in the 80th minute Vs Manly in that 2012 Semi on the try line after a break. Good thing is, this guy can do it well & do it for 80 minutes if required.
Every premiership team needs at least one of these guys in their team to just tackle their heart out non stop.
Remember our last premiership team - 13. GRIMALDI, I cant remember too many tackle busts or offloads but he always turned up in D when we needed him & we wouldn't have won it without him.
JMK at 5/8 Tolman at 13.. Bout time.. defense around the ruck will tighten up.. I think Tolman will play 80 and tackle all day.. Give JMK a week or two, or we even may get pleasantly surprised this week.. I see a victory this weekend.. Good work Deano playing hard ball and making changes before its too late..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im not even going to bother. You really need to learn to just respect other peoples opinions instead instead of forcing yours down there throats.
I dont mean to make this personal, but im going to go out on a limb here, your not married are you??
In any case, dean pay made this decision. Perhaps you should apply for the coaching position next time round. oh wait, your not a coach and you have no coaching credentials. Hmmmmmm interesting.
You're not going to bother because you can't answer the question? True. This is Pay's third starting lock in 3 consecutive weeks, the bloke is all over the shop atm. This is a bloke that also played with 2 forwards off the bench for 78 minutes last week.

No i'm not married because i have no interest in a longterm relationship or even like the concept of marriage. If someone pops up that changes that then whatever. I also do have coaching credentials btw, not rugby league so it obviously doesn't matter.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not this impact player or workhorse player garbage again, it doesn't exist in todays game. Tolman is just fucking shit in todays game.
We need someone just to tackle.. He will go alright this weekend, if not he will be dropped next week, o can feel it.. hahahaha

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course our resident panel of "experts" will shoot you down for this thread, but i agree.
Tolman will never make the best lock in the comp list, and maybe there is a better lock at our club. But the thing that needs to be considered in all of this is what is the best balance for the team.
Right now we are leaking points, and i believe this is largely due to changing up tolman and graham for woods and klemmer. There is likely going to be a big improvement in our forward play once we learn to deal with these changes, but at the minute, having tolman there to tackle all game will certainly sure up our middle third, and i think the team balance will be much better. it should also give pay a bit more freedom with his interchanges as i can see tolmam playing at least the first 40 straight.
So the world champion Australian starting props are the reason our defence is shit ?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point was that if you needed Tolman to play 80minutes then he could and that would obviously be advantages for us....
But my other point was that every premiership winning team needs at least one of these style of players, one who is more valuable to the team for his defence than for his attack.
Then I listed similar style of players from the past premiers that were an invaluable member of that squad for bringing what they were good at, as I said - Every premiership side consists of at least one of these type of players in it!!!!
I never stated that they were all 80 minute players

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not going to bother because you can't answer the question? True. This is Pay's third starting lock in 3 consecutive weeks, the bloke is all over the shop atm. This is a bloke that also played with 2 forwards off the bench for 78 minutes last week.

No i'm not married because i have no interest in a longterm relationship or even like the concept of marriage. If someone pops up that changes that then whatever. I also do have coaching credentials btw, not rugby league so it obviously doesn't matter.
I don't think you have to worry too much anymore because I think Tolman will wear the number 13 for the remainder of the year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the world champion Australian starting props are the reason our defence is shit ?
No. But they are not as good defensively as graham and tolman. If you want to point a finger at any player in our team who is not aiming up defensively its jackson. But he is also considered our best defensive player. So the question needs to be asked, why? Perhaps he has less faith in the people inside him from a defensive standpoint? These players are klemmer and woods.
Im not saying they are bad defenders, but perhaps jacksons timing is just a little out because he wants to help shore up the middle a bit???.....
I dont know for sure, its just an idea. In any case i think we will be better defensively this week then we have been. But i dont think there is a way of proving that tolman is the sifference either. But i think he will help.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yh and you're wrong again.
You said this

I said this

You are yet to name one other player that does just that.
13 or 12 or 11 it doesnt matter your point is about boring workhorses just own it you were wrong

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Meh... id be more content with
11. Elliot (wish we had a better option)
12. RFM
13. Jackson (c)

14. Brown
15. Martin
16. Fualalo
17. Taulau

Status
Not open for further replies.