Will josh Morris be remembered as a bulldogs legend/great

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just heard something on the radio about Josh but couldn’t quite hear what was said. Anybody heard anything?

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just heard something on the radio about Josh but couldn’t quite hear what was said. Anybody heard anything?
Hey

I think it’s about jmoz playing his 200th game for us against the panthers

mitty_7

New Pup
Reaction score
Josh Morris plays his 200th nrl game for the dogs this Friday night, and I was curious to see how many of us will consider him as a club legend when he’s long retired. I believe yes and here’s why:
200+ games for the club
5 more try’s to reach 100 at the Dogs
14 state of origin games for NSW
6 games for Australia
2012 dally m centre of the year

But above all, an extremely loyal club man who could have left for better money a few times.

Thoughts?

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
absolutely, its declining before our eye's but he was a great centre for us for a long time, even when he lost his speed, he still transitioned into being a great defensive centre (not so much right now, but he was not long ago). he won't be a mortimer/lamb type of legend but he'll be well remember as a great bulldog player for sure

if he plays the majority of games this year, he goes above hughes and ryan to #7 on first grade games for the dogs

he will also be #3 in tries scored for the club too

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Great player at his best with topline defence, but certainly not a legend imo.

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For sure. He's been superb for us for a number of years and extremely passionate and loyal about our club.

Might have declined over the past 2-3 years but in his peak/prime he was absolutely devastating.

Still a good first grade center though.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t remember the last guy to play 200 first grade games for the club but must have been a while ago (Ryan?) good on him for sticking around so long. Easily our longest serving player and our only pre Hasler player left. So for mine all respect to him.

His form has slumped lately with him getting no ball. He might still have it with some earlier ball so hopefully Foran/lichaa and co can lift the tempo so we can go wide earlier in the sets.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he never really hit the heights we expected he would....he was good without being great, maybe Desball tarnished how we look back at his time here as he came here as an attacking weapon and is now only remembered for his defence (which has also been poor the last couple of years)

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Legend is a big label. Maybe with a Premiership win I'd maybe agree.

He's been a great clubman, but have always felt we never got to see the best of him consistent enough over the years. 2009 and 2012 stand out for me, but the other years he was average or injured to be honest.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely. Was an absolute freak between 2009-2014. Unfortunately that knee injury he suffered in origin that year really messed with his pace and he became primarily a defensive centre from then. The style of footy we played after 2012 didn't really help his cause either.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A legend needs to be part of a championship team

Plus he could have had double try assists if he passed the ball
Just ask Goodwin.

That’s a no from me

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely he is, it really annoys the shit out of me that we can't send him out with a premiership ring imho he is the most deserving player in the squad.
Definitely. Considering he played in an awful era of playing style, he has been exemplary. He has also had his fair share of injuries. He has played SOO and Australia. I wish he played in the Folkes era. Lets hope he can finish his career with a Premiership.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great player throughout his career but certainly not a legend for mine.

His attack has been poor for a number of years and he has never been good at setting up his outside man. Bit of a ball hog IMO.

Certainly one of the best defensive centres I have seen though!

Status
Not open for further replies.