TOLMAN @ 13, Good Move IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its been easy to see that in our first 2 games our D around the ruck has been cut to shreds. Enter Tolman.
Sure there are plenty of you out there that love to bag this guy, & I think its mainly due to his efforts with the ball. But lets not forget the most important part of winning premierships..... "DEFENCE"
On countless occasions I recall Tolman being that man who chased back on the inside to make that last ditch line break saving or try saving tackle. Remember that try saver in the 80th minute Vs Manly in that 2012 Semi on the try line after a break. Good thing is, this guy can do it well & do it for 80 minutes if required.
Every premiership team needs at least one of these guys in their team to just tackle their heart out non stop.
Remember our last premiership team - 13. GRIMALDI, I cant remember too many tackle busts or offloads but he always turned up in D when we needed him & we wouldn't have won it without him.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I can understand the move eventhough I don't particularly like it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolutely not.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s not going to give us control of the ruck though he just doesn’t dominate enough in contact. He’s also got back into getting in the way in attack again. I really hope he’s not going to play 80.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why don’t they put jj at lock
Why would we put a successful SOO lock at lock? Get real lol. I can understand Pay not making that move if he doubts our backrow depth..but i'd honestly make it asap.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Why would we put a successful SOO lock at lock? Get real lol. I can understand Pay not making that move if he doubts our backrow depth..but i'd honestly make it asap.
Jj needs to be at lock he looks lost out there.
Tolman should be dropped ASAP

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its been easy to see that in our first 2 games our D around the ruck has been cut to shreds. Enter Tolman.
Sure there are plenty of you out there that love to bag this guy, & I think its mainly due to his efforts with the ball. But lets not forget the most important part of winning premierships..... "DEFENCE"
On countless occasions I recall Tolman being that man who chased back on the inside to make that last ditch line break saving or try saving tackle. Remember that try saver in the 80th minute Vs Manly in that 2012 Semi on the try line after a break. Good thing is, this guy can do it well & do it for 80 minutes if required.
Every premiership team needs at least one of these guys in their team to just tackle their heart out non stop.
Remember our last premiership team - 13. GRIMALDI, I cant remember too many tackle busts or offloads but he always turned up in D when we needed him & we wouldn't have won it without him.
His size is suited to that position. I suppose he is mobile enough. Defensively suited to 13. Its a matter of how he gels with the rest.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yup Tolman to lock. Probably the best option we have to balance the pack and bench atm

Desler left us pretty thin in the backrow otherwise the call for Jackson to lock has alot of merit

Dont believe Elliot, Fine, Okunbor or Martin have the defensive ability or physique to hold down a starting second row spot.

That leaves

11 RFM
12 Jackson
13 Tolmam

14 Fualalo
15 Tualau
16 Elliot/Fine/Okunbor/Martin
17 Utility

Out of all at no.16 Okunbor has alot of upside and could be an attacking weapon off the bench, the kid is raw and his defence is below standard at the moment but the potential is there and punch is what we are lacking off the bench.

The kid is not ready yet compared to the others but I will be 10x more excited if he gets a taste this year.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All I have to say to Tolman this week is ‘May the 4th be with you’

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Happy that pay listens to me and not you lol. Let's hope tolman doesn't make everyone look stupid.:grinning: our bench is to small need late changes me thinks
If a player is shit off the bench then he will be shit starting.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If a player is shit off the bench then he will be shit starting.
Tolman is a workaholic not an impact player. He starts or nothing really . I don't like him but if his here than may as well use him right. Matt prior was shit but with other guys doing the dirty mtrs he can do his thing up the middle and look good. Time will tell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman is a workaholic not an impact player. He starts or nothing really . I don't like him but if his here than may as well use him right. Matt prior was shit but with other guys doing the dirty mtrs he can do his thing up the middle and look good. Time will tell.
Not this impact player or workhorse player garbage again, it doesn't exist in todays game. Tolman is just fucking shit in todays game.

Status
Not open for further replies.