15 Asipeli Fine
16 Danny Fualalo
17 Fa’amanu Brown

19 Francis Tualau
20 Kerrod Holland
21 Renouf To’omaga
23 John Olive

View attachment 5359
Finally Tolman at 13. I have wanted this for a while. Hope it works or at least I won’t have to keep calling for it to happen.
Happy with side maybe another big boy instead of Elliott would be all I would change.
If this doesn’t work I’m out of ideas.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY IS TOLMAN IN THE TEAM, LET ALONE STARTING!!!!! MY GOLLY!!!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we will see Tolman operate as a first-man in, tackling machine.

We have really missed the presence of Graham making that first contact, as we did with Ennis 2 years prior. Both were just fearless in that respect.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m not happy either as you know but he is there solely to tighten our defence up.
Let’s hope he stays the fuck out of the way when we are running the ball
Yh and that's a myth. Tolman is a spot player and teams target him in defence and setup their next play off him. Last season he had the most line break causes of any of our middle forwards in defence.

It's just a dumb move from Pay. Tolman doesn't justify big minutes and the old workhorse that just tackles isn't relevant in todays game. Does any other team run with that setup? Absolutely not.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh and that's a myth. Tolman is a spot player and teams target him in defence and setup their next play off him. Last season he had the most line break causes of any of our middle forwards in defence.

It's just a dumb move from Pay. Tolman doesn't justify big minutes and the old workhorse that just tackles isn't relevant in todays game. Does any other team run with that setup? Absolutely not.
Not the biggest Tolm4n fan - but I can see why he thinks he needs him.

I wouldn't go on the record quoting he will be taking big minutes, but moreso to take the initial onslaught. As I said in a post above, his first-up contact is crucial in stopping momentum when the opposition big boppers are going forward. It would seem it is just a bit of tinkering at this stage.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of our problems at the moment stem from Pay not better testing his players and combinations in the trials.

We're now 3 weeks in and doing what the other clubs did a month ago.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TUALAU NOT NAMED IN THE ISP SO HE'S GOING TO BE IN THE TOP 17 YH GUYS?!!
Strange that is. No other player in the 17 is named in the ISP side... we'll know at 5pm Friday.

Tualau for elliot or Fine

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tolman is not a fucking starting player, tackling machine my ass!, the bloke has shit lateral movement and will be exposed at Lock, lol imagine when we face the Cowboys and Taulmalalo is running straight at him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not the biggest Tolm4n fan - but I can see why he thinks he needs him.

I wouldn't go on the record quoting he will be taking big minutes, but moreso to take the initial onslaught. As I said in a post above, his first-up contact is crucial in stopping momentum when the opposition big boppers are going forward. It would seem it is just a bit of tinkering at this stage.
Mate his first up contact rubbish, he simply isn't as great as a defender as people make out. He's great at reading the play and making a cover tackle or chasing back, but his physical limitations hold him back from dominanting the tackle. Look at all the times defenders carried him last season or pushed him back.

People seem to have this idea that we can carry this tackling machine and not have him touch the ball in attack, it's a little ridiculous. We are playing with reduced interchange, it's not like back when we had 12 and you could consistently rotate all you big hard running forwards for short spells around your tackle machine. The value just isn't there.

N

Natboy

Agreed and I’ve said before he’s a spot player but he won’t fall off tackles like others including Jackson have been doing. I’m not happy about it but let’s see how it goes

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TUALAU NOT NAMED IN THE ISP SO HE'S GOING TO BE IN THE TOP 17 YH GUYS?!!
Pay thinks his Desmond and will do that shit he did with Frawley, name him as a reserve and then come gametime he is in the team, mind games they said.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think rotations will be first Prop off around 25 min Tolman shifts to prop and Elliot comes on at lock. around 30, second prop off and fualolo comes on. with 30 left 1st prop returns and Tolman off. 25 to go fuololo switches to lock and Elliot is benched with both starting props to finish the game

that is just 4 interchanges. we have Fine if an edge needs rest and brown to spell Lichaa.

not saying that's how I would structure it, but it'll work with the 17. only question is will Fualolo last the final 40 if not JJ to lock and Fine on to replace Fualolo...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed and I’ve said before he’s a spot player but he won’t fall off tackles like others including Jackson have been doing. I’m not happy about it but let’s see how it goes
I just can't see it possibly working, todays game just won't allow it too.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If tualau slots on to the bench late then the team is fine. Having tolman start and play some big minutes frees up an interchange so klemmer, woods and fualalo and possibly tualau can rotate more frequently between themselves. Even gives the option to interchange fine with one of them and move jackson into the middle.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay will probably do something ridiculous with the bench again, could honestly imagine him going with Tolman, Elliott, Fine, Frawley at this stage lol.
Oh man,don't say that bro although in jest it might happen.If so I'd better stock up cause I'll be downing plenty to drown my sorrow......again

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our defense:
1st round 36 against
2nd round 30 against

Going by the pattern, you have to say - our defense is improving!!

Status
Not open for further replies.