R3 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This has to be a joke? That just can't be the 17 ffs. I'm so fucking puzzled right now, the only thing that will make me more puzzled is if that 17 runs out and actually wins haha.
Is this the madness he was referring to? Pick a fkd up 17 that makes no rhyme or reason to confuse the opposition lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is this the madness he was referring to? Pick a fkd up 17 that makes no rhyme or reason to confuse the opposition lol
BrInG tHe MaDnEsS

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T
Tolman at 13 not the worst thing in the world but not the greatest.

I’m still not convinced with the make up of our bench but man we due a win
Tolman at lock is a good idea and he can play 80 mins. We need size on the bench

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman at lock ???? I couldn’t understand Klemmer being selected there & im even more perplexed with Tolman.
I suppose the excuse that the lock forward is now a middle forward will be the reasoning.
I suspect that Dean Pay wants to plug up the fragile middle which has been leaking points.
The depth must be of grave concern.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T

Tolman at lock is a good idea and he can play 80 mins. We need size on the bench
You are a brave man to say that. After what have been said here in the last hour

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman at lock ???? I couldn’t understand Klemmer being selected there & im even more perplexed with Tolman.
I suppose the excuse that the lock forward is now a middle forward will be the reasoning.
I suspect that Dean Pay wants to plug up the fragile middle which has been leaking points.
The depth must be of grave concern.
The excuse is that Pay doesn't have a clue as to what he actually wants to do.

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i had heard it would probably be at the expense of elliott, so perhaps elliott back to the bench ? just guessing on that front, but good mail on martin making the 17 this week.
sorry folks, seems i'll need to have a word with my postman.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
T

In what universe is it a good idea? He couldn't make an impact off the bench but he will make an impact starting? Really? Please explain.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If that’s our bench come
Game time I’ll be Fucking over it. I understand 2 weeks of trial and error.

Every single one of us can see we are lacking impact off the bench.

If he wants a utility fine. Browns/Lewis in. Impact help in Fualalo sure. Tolman has been rubbish off the bench trial lock if he flops here he needs to be in a titans/Sharks/eels/ any other fucking jersey ASAP!

I can hack this as a trial. That leaves brown and Fualalo on the bench and tolman at lock.

Fine sure, if he’s earned his spot give him some
Minutes to show us.

Now Elliott. He’s done. Back to reserve grade he offers nothing off the bench. Enter Francis Tualau.

Tualau and Fualalo on offers some
Serious fucking impact.

Brown covers utility and even some spark.

Fine a backrower cover who I’m happy to see get a go.

Then To’omaga and Ogden need to force their way in. If tolman can get off our books shift Jackson to lock. Someone moves to 11 be it fine or whoever steps
Up and a spot instantly for Ogden or To’omaga to join the bench.

Seriously though it’s simple Pay! Elliott out. Tualau/To’omaga in. End of rant

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of criticism of Dean Pay. But lets get real. The players some are suggesting should be starters are probably worse than Tolman.
Most of the forward pack has had little or no impact this year. The reserve forwards are not a great improvement. Tualau, Brown, Martin, etc are borderline first graders. Lets not kid ourselves.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tualau has shown me plenty that I’d be excited of him on our bench!

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of criticism of Dean Pay. But lets get real. The players some are suggesting should be starters are probably worse than Tolman.
I agree. Say what you want about Tolman but he should really bolster our defense which has been atrocious. I don't see a problem having him play 80 or close too it and just be a tackling machine. I just don't want him taking settlers and getting in the way in attacking situations.

N

Natboy

This has to be a joke? That just can't be the 17 ffs. I'm so fucking puzzled right now, the only thing that will make me more puzzled is if that 17 runs out and actually wins haha.
I’m not happy either as you know but he is there solely to tighten our defence up.
Let’s hope he stays the fuck out of the way when we are running the ball

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree. Say what you want about Tolman but he should really bolster our defense which has been atrocious. I don't see a problem having him play 80 or close too it and just be a tackling machine. I just don't want him taking settlers and getting in the way in attacking situations.
That's it isn't it. You have Tolman and Lichaa in the middle for the entire/most of the game. You have the two props on rotation to give you punch up the middle and keep things tight. Hopefully they will pop a couple of offloads and Mbye, Lichaa and now JMK will be there to support them. You have two wide running backrowers who should also go all game. So, unless we get smashed with HIAs and or injuries 7/8 interchanges will likely affect the props and bench with Lichaa prob coming off late in the game so Brown can get a run. Then again given Brown's experience he may be tempted to interchange him and Lichaa back and forth during the game. If that is the likely scenario then you would have to think that Tualau, Fualolo, fine and Brown are the bench. Keeps impact rolling when the first string props go off and a bit of speed and size with Fine.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's an absolutely stupid idea. We're basically handicapping our go forward and his defence isn't anywhere near as good as people make out. Theres only one other player that has played 80 through the middle this season and that's Jake Trbojevic and he and Tolman aren't even in the same universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.