Tolman staying

Status
Not open for further replies.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think people are harsh on tolman

not being a good fit with our current roster =/= being shit or not trying like some are saying

Tolman needs to go, the forward packs needs more impact running, there are other packs out there that have tolman play a very good role and add something to them but on our team, it just isn't gonna work. i think tolman has put a lot of big efforts in for the club in the past and the people who bag him for his own mentality on the field are harsh and have short memories.

N

Natboy

not being a good fit with our current roster =/= being shit or not trying like some are saying

Tolman needs to go, the forward packs needs more impact running, there are other packs out there that have tolman play a very good role and add something to them but on our team, it just isn't gonna work. i think tolman has put a lot of big efforts in for the club in the past and the people who bag him for his own mentality on the field are harsh and have short memories.
You are right. He’s always tried hard and we should show him more respect.
I don’t know of another club that would play him in their 17 unless they had a massive injury crisis

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Tolman isn't the ideal forward in todays game, it's a simple as that. He isn't powerful enough, no footwork, no ball playing ability, no offload, no pace, no quick play the balls, doesn't run lines, etc. He doesn't offer enough of what you need from a forward and that is why he needs to go. The club should of made him spend most of the offseason doing strength training and building himself up.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tolmans the sort of forward you bring in to settle things down and hold a game. He's a tackling machine which is why Des loved him.

That said, Des killed his offload.

Scored 4 tries for Melbourne but be stuffed if I can find them.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is the guy Des believed was the best prop in the world because he hit his KPI consistently

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aiden Tolman's time at the Bulldogs could be up as Sharks circle

From smh just now. Same ol bs news?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely they wouldn’t release him today after naming him starting?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good news if true to give some cap space. Woods is a 70 min prop and Klemmer can play large mins too. So you don’t need another worker prop off the bench.

Ok when he is on the field generally you leak less points. But he won’t have any impact coming on for 30 Mins a game. He isn’t the type to run over people.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so long ago since he was mentioned as a possible SOO player? Wtf are you talking about. He was mentioned by some people years ago. Anything over a year ago is IRRELEVANT.
Mate he’s a powder puff!! 9 runs for 60m are you telling me thats first grade material!!??? Please

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How old are you mate? Is 3 years really such a long time??? Im not suggesting he is an origin player, especially now. But he seems to be the major scapegoat for desball. He cops it more then anyone.
Opposition knew right down to the mascot that under Des, Tolman would handle the ball multiple times in their quarter.I don't know if it's part of Pay's game plan or if Tolman is being ignored as it seems Running decoy is his main function so far (leads our team for Decoy runs even though his timing is sometimes out and screws it up). Admittedly his game time has decreased, but compared to last year, he stands 97th for tackles (2017 - 4th) and outside top 100 for hit-ups (2017 - 20th). Whoever gets Tolman will get a fit, fresh workhorse.It will be a mistake trading him before season's end.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Opposition knew right down to the mascot that under Des, Tolman would handle the ball multiple times in their quarter.I don't know if it's part of Pay's game plan or if Tolman is being ignored as it seems Running decoy is his main function so far (leads our team for Decoy runs even though his timing is sometimes out and screws it up). Admittedly his game time has decreased, but compared to last year, he stands 97th for tackles (2017 - 4th) and outside top 100 for hit-ups (2017 - 20th). Whoever gets Tolman will get a fit, fresh workhorse.It will be a mistake trading him before season's end.
Mate, he should’ve been released and we keep graham... simple as that... secondly 9 runs for 60m is pathetic... couldn’t care less if he makes 40 tackles a game, props run at him cause they know they’ll carry him along their ten metre run

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hope he’s released ASAP. Frees us up for 2019 shopping big time.

Morris bros; Eastwood; tolman; Graham’s cap space duck
Yeh

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate, he should’ve been released and we keep graham... simple as that... secondly 9 runs for 60m is pathetic... couldn’t care less if he makes 40 tackles a game, props run at him cause they know they’ll carry him along their ten metre run
Should have,could have it's irrelevant now.We should have done plenty of things especially in retention and recruitment but as of now we are stuck with what we have.My point is releasing him mid season (if anyone takes him) makes no sense unless we are lucky to pick up someone on what's left of Tolman's money (after we pay a significant amount of freight to move him on). I agree Graham should have been retained instead of Tolman but even after he agreed to a pay cut to try and retain Reynolds he was set to earn $1.05 million on the Bulldogs bulging 2018 salary cap.Thank Castle and Des for brilliant economics.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Tolman wouldn’t be in the headlines if we still had trex lol :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pointless thread. It was only a rumour we were looking to offload him to begin with.
But it's a rumour that keeps popping up.Has Tolman ever indicated he wasn't happy and wanted out? What money is he on,does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.